User
Pass
2FA

LFR queue status on website

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message1074
Magnus06

[Err505 Baguette Way]

(since 06-06-2019 21:57)

Votes: 31

Post Posted: 17-12-2016, 20:18:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi,

Idea : Make the .lfr status visible somewhere out of the game, website is the first place i came up with but i hardly see anything else to make this relevant. The whole concept is about making people getting rid of that forced In-game slacking and allow players with low playtime to make better use of it.

Context : Every Friday, ID lockouts are reseted so we're likely to see a lot of LFR going on but that mosly happens on Fridays and the other days results in kinda random outcomes, the problem is that some people may lack time or patience to stick around until their LFR is ready to go. A lot of the time, from my personnal experience, we end up waiting dozens of minutes or even couples of hours for nothing and that's really frustrating because that time wasted could have been used more efficiently. But as said above, it happens on Fridays which is a weekdays that can be a real problem for workers and students, even though there's a lot going the two following days, the big window really is on Friday thus some can miss it and maybe miss the chance to get their ID for the current week.

Expectations : That way, one could easily see whenever a group is firmly gathering for a specific LFR and decide to log in to join the party. IMO, this would make LFR queues a much more viable tool and would probably increase its flexibility, also it shows how active the - pve - population is during weekdays especially. Eventually this could be applied to some others features (PvP queues for exemple). Hell, if you know someone into high quality IOS scripting, you could even do an LFR queue App, that would be quite unique of a feature.

Hope you get what i'm trying to suggest, feel free to criticisze, comment, up & down vote. All at the same time.

Cya -

0 0

Frostfang

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-10-2021 12:41)

Votes: 21

Post Posted: 18-12-2016, 13:45:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi there,

even though i like the idea of having raid finder statistics on our website, LFR can never be successful here, as it was on retail servers simple because of having way more options to raid. Here, 10s and 25s can be done in the same lockout. We have our custom raid finder and blizzards raid finder. We also have flex. There are too many options and raid finder isnt on top of them to be honest considering player roster we have.

Guardian Druid Tanking Guide

1 0

Magnus06

[Err505 Baguette Way]

(since 06-06-2019 21:57)

Votes: 31

Post Posted: 18-12-2016, 15:25:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hey,

Got what you mean, i have to say that those tools Freakz have are working pretty well, it's pretty frequent and all but it's been made to get attention and fluidity which isn't LFR's case this may be the reason why it's that much of a secondary feature. The .lfr command is great but you have to use it unlike freakz' raidfinder that has regular shoutouts on top of the .raid list command because players have the ability to makes 10/25 raids to happen.

Again, this is all personnal experience and opinion. I can only make one of my character to raid with guild so the other one just gets left alone but i actually need to get a kill on Malkorok for the prot pally and even the LFR version of the trinket is enough but i can't manage to make LFR proc for this particular boss/wing. I could pick the pally once we reach that boss but it may cost my whole guild to miss the kill because there's a neat difference between both of my characters in terms of DPS, optimization and such.

Maybe what i'm suggesting isn't the right idea, i don't decree this to be the thing to happen but it could be a lead and that's why i want people to come here to give their opinion, their thoughts and anything that could make this better for everyone of us. Freakz as a private server has the ability to, in relatively reasonnable circumstances, to satisfy and make things to please its community. Correct me if i'm wrong though.

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 18-12-2016, 15:25:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

That would only make things worse: "let me take a quick look @ LFR queue on the site. hmm, only 5 players? nah, no reason to go ingame and join the queue". Next player does the same and so on... and nobody joins it

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
1 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by LethalFactorLK, 19 December 2016 05:08

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 28-03-2024, 11:34:38
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x