User
Pass
2FA

Lower amount of rdf for weekly quest
Go to page Previous  1, 2    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message4878
Arri1712

[Signal ღ]

(since 05-06-2018 19:54)

Votes: 13

Post Posted: 07-05-2015, 10:37:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I was mentioning this in global the other day and have been thinking of it myself. 15 rdf for the quest is abit much considering you now get 1 item and not 2 as in cata and the dungeons are way harder and longer + dungeon system is kinda buggy right now. The gear you get is good and its all worth it at the end but it takes too long.

When the server disconnect so often some people dont log back in and vote to kick doesnt work so the only option is to leave. And alot of times you dont get teleported and are forced to get a 30 min deserter (the command doesnt work) it just takes to long.

Last week I spent almost an hour in a dungeon only to dc at last boss and forced to get deserter for 30 min and have the same thing happen over and over.

To lower the quest to 10 is a good idea because the server keeps disconnecting. Atleast lower it now and put it back to 15 when the server is more stable -

Last edited by Arri1712 on 07-05-2015, 15:22:45; edited 1 time in total
0 0

ryangg

[Advisor]

(since 09-11-2022 09:46)

Votes: 134

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 07-05-2015, 13:07:58 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Or ...15 rdf and 2 items...like it was on cata

0 0

Aliziea

[2 Good 4 You]

(since 16-06-2017 19:44)

Votes: 108

Post Posted: 07-05-2015, 13:08:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

^2 items drops would be way to fast to gear...so like 10 rdfs would be good tho about what you said ^

0 0

Arri1712

[Signal ღ]

(since 05-06-2018 19:54)

Votes: 13

Post Posted: 07-05-2015, 13:27:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It would be faster, yes. But it cant be that huge of a problem since we got 2 items in cata.

And the gear you get is just starter to upgrade in raids

0 0

beasthuntres

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-07-2018 15:12)

Votes: 37

Post Posted: 12-05-2015, 14:13:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Le bump? server offline again qq and srsly.. its crashing waay to danm much lately.. weekly quest is pain in the *** by it self(15rdfs and all) but with rollback,we often even close the whole dungeon cuz of it. So make it 10 or do it with 2items.

0 0

Pirinush

[Little Pandawan]

(since 31-12-2018 12:27)

Votes: 190

Post Posted: 12-05-2015, 14:56:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You only have to do 2 RDF per day and 3 in one day.
0 0

Enqu
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 11-08-2015 11:36)

Votes: 9

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  enqu77 
Post Posted: 12-05-2015, 15:16:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

We're not casuals ,there is some hardcores here with 4+ alts

0 0

pal0bre

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-06-2020 11:40)

Votes: 21

Post Posted: 12-05-2015, 16:07:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Pirinush wrote:
You only have to do 2 RDF per day and 3 in one day.

For healers and tanks, that is pretty easy.
DPS queues are so long that you may not be able to do 2 RDFs daily.

0 0

Aliziea

[2 Good 4 You]

(since 16-06-2017 19:44)

Votes: 108

Post Posted: 12-05-2015, 16:10:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Arri1712 wrote:
It would be faster, yes. But it cant be that huge of a problem since we got 2 items in cata.

And the gear you get is just starter to upgrade in raids

You do realise there were some bosses in BH / DS before they added the quest in cata right?

0 0

Sashas

[Immortality Seeker]

(since 04-01-2016 13:34)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 08-07-2015, 12:14:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Any news on this?

I would agree with the 15 count being slightly too high, especially for players who have over 4 alts at level 90.

The Sha and Galleon are generally done on the Sunday reset which are also fairly fast to complete.

RDF bag gives you 1 item for the quest, also regarding the fact that it could drop duplicates.

Going into raiding content right now is fairly simple and the items are actually quite better than RDF bag except perhaps weapon/tier drops which you can get from bag.

Going for 2 items and 15 RDF will just simplify everything too much enabling the gearing system to be too easy honestly especially for alts who just got level 90 as well.

I would vote for 10 RDFs, and try to fix the duplicate system if possible, out of all the rdf items you can get as a raider (let's say), all of them are useless except tier.

Brewmaster Monk 5.4.8 English PvE guide

0 0

beasthuntres

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-07-2018 15:12)

Votes: 37

Post Posted: 08-07-2015, 13:19:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sashas wrote:
Any news on this?

I would agree with the 15 count being slightly too high, especially for players who have over 4 alts at level 90.

The Sha and Galleon are generally done on the Sunday reset which are also fairly fast to complete.

RDF bag gives you 1 item for the quest, also regarding the fact that it could drop duplicates.

Going into raiding content right now is fairly simple and the items are actually quite better than RDF bag except perhaps weapon/tier drops which you can get from bag.

Going for 2 items and 15 RDF will just simplify everything too much enabling the gearing system to be too easy honestly especially for alts who just got level 90 as well.

I would vote for 10 RDFs, and try to fix the duplicate system if possible, out of all the rdf items you can get as a raider (let's say), all of them are useless except tier.

Well.. trinkets are nice? I mean we can get trinkets from bosses which arent even released.. but yeah.. getting duplicates/useless items waay too much..

0 0

Sashas

[Immortality Seeker]

(since 04-01-2016 13:34)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 09-07-2015, 14:39:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

beasthuntres wrote:
Sashas wrote:
Any news on this?

Well.. trinkets are nice? I mean we can get trinkets from bosses which arent even released.. but yeah.. getting duplicates/useless items waay too much..

My bad forgot to mention the trinkets as well, which only some of them would do well.

Brewmaster Monk 5.4.8 English PvE guide

0 0

wrathy

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-03-2018 14:37)

Votes: 19

Post Posted: 09-07-2015, 16:43:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

tl;dr, other suggestions than just changing the RDF bag number.

I do think the RDF bag quests needs some kind of revision. The reasoning behind this is that Cataclysm didn't have mechanics like Galleon / Sha (and the other world bosses in phase 2 and phase 3). Basically, doing Galleon / Sha can reward your character the following:

Helm -> Galleon (ilvl 496)
Neck -> Galleon (ilvl 496)
Shoulder
Cloak -> Sha (ilvl 483, pvp)
Chest -> Galleon (ilvl 496)
Bracer -> Sha (ilvl 483, pvp)
Glove -> Sha (ilvl 483, pvp or ilvl 496 pve)
Belt -> Galleon (ilvl 496)
Pants -> Sha (ilvl 483, pvp or ilvl 496 pve)
Boots -> Sha (ilvl 483, pvp) or Galleon (ilvl 496)
Ring1 -> Galleon (ilvl 496), ring isn't unique
Ring2 -> Galleon (ilvl 496), ring isn't unique
Trinket1 -> MSV trash
Trinket2 -> MSV trash (if you are a caster)
Main-hand
Off-hand

Note: Some items would hinder your characters performance, but people only care about ilvl anyway.

Since the RDF bag rewards Raid Finder gear, the ilvl is either 476 (MSV item) or 483 (HoF / ToES item). This makes the items vastly inferior towards Galleon / Sha items. The RDF bag does fill the role in "helping you gear", or it should. This role is basically overtaken by Galleon / Sha, since as mentioned it is easier to Galleon / Sha than 15 RDFs each week. The only exceptions are the 5 slots that you can not fill with Galleon / Sha (but you can buy shoulders with VP, since it is the only item you really need to buy).

Now for the suggestion that you make about the RDF bag: lowering the amount of RDFs needed. I will add a few more options and some reasoning if I think it is the way to go.

1. Lowering the amount of RDFs
Since the bag is no longer a mandatory measure of gearing, as mentioned thanks to Galleon / Sha this could help people achieve the extra (mostly useless) item earlier. However, what does this solve? No-one forced you to make 4+ characters L90 and no-one forces you to gear them all (maybe you have alts for profs). I can imagine you have a tank, heal and a (r)dps. Lowering the amount of RDFs changes very little in this. You can run Galleon / Sha on 4+ characters in 90 minutes and still get inferior items the whole time.

2. Replace the number for completing with a token
What I mean by this is, that when you complete a RDF you get a "RDF token" instead of [1/15 Random dungeons complete]. The NPC could be a vendor then that takes X RDF tokens for a RDF bag. This way people can determine their own pace in gearing. Maybe these could even be account bound, to help people gear an alt when they prefer. You can also store more than 15 RDF then to be less forced to complete a quest each week.

3. Make the RDF bag daily
This would remove the stress that people have to complete the RDF in 7 days. If people want to gear one char they can invest into getting that trinket / weapon / something by investing time and effort. If people have 4+ characters they do not have to run 60+ RDF to get 4+ items.

4. Increase the chance on non Galleon / Sha items
Fairly easy suggestion, now every item in the bag has an equal chance to drop out of it. Most people look for tier items and the missing slots. It could be profitable to make these items have a higher chance to drop out of the bag.

5. Keep it as is
RDF bags are still a helping hand to gear a character. This is a non-retail addition that was implemented to help players. We should be grateful they didn't remove it since Galleon / Sha are here to help gear.

6. More items in the bag
More chance to get something useful, since most bags contain 30+ items in the loot pool. I read people complaining about they get dubble items, but that isn't the real issue I think. Try making the comparison between a 5-man heroic item (1x upgraded) and a MSV RDF bag item. The ilvl of the 5-man heroic upgraded is 471 and the MSV RF item is 476. That's a whooping +5 ilvl! That difference is mostly neglectable and you need 500 VP to upgrade the MSV RF item to make it really useful.

1 0

Berna

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-10-2019 19:56)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 13-07-2015, 09:44:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Agree, 15 rdf is a bit too much, especially (not my case but still) if you want to gear one or more alts.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  
Go to page Previous  1, 2    

The time now is 09-06-2024, 03:28:00
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password