User
Pass
2FA

[Priest][All Specs][Talent] Divine Star travel mechanics
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> CONFIRMED Class spells / talents
Author Message8125
myraje

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-06-2017 13:12)

Votes: 11

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 04-10-2015, 01:04:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=110744
Bug description: Divine Star should return to the priest, as stated in the tooltip. Even if the priest is moving the star should follow him while it is travelling back, bending it's trajectory. At the moment it returns to the place where it was cast.

" But it the priest is still moving while Divine Star is returning, Divine Star won't follow him (I hardly believe on retail it follows him, please bring video proof if it should) " @Shocker

On retail it had this mechanic since the start of MoP . Divine star will follow you until it will reach your current position and it has the same mechanic on the current patch in WoD .

Proof : https://youtube.com/watch?v=99OHrI3lygg:

Sorry about the vid , but it is one of the few I could find that brings clear proof about the divine star travel mechanics

0 0

odes
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 19-06-2016 19:30)

Votes: 79

Post Posted: 04-10-2015, 07:33:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@Shocker
A better video, this guy's fps is horrible but you can still clearly see the star is returning exactly to his character (in his chest lel). Start watching at 4:10

I also added a video from freakz after the partial fix so you can see and compare the difference in how divine star returns to the priest on retail and on our server.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=csehxnTG5M8:

Freakz version
https://youtube.com/watch?v=x2kmzAvzj54:

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 05-10-2015, 18:31:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

myraje, when posting videos as proof please mention EXACT MOMENT of the video, I can't watch the full video just to find out where your proof is.

odes wrote:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=csehxnTG5M8:

Actually if you check the video very carefully you will see that divine star DOESN'T FOLLOW HIM, it just returns VERY FAST in a STRAIGHT LINE to the position of the player.

Due to that instant return speed, you might say "it follows him". But if the character would move at very high speed the divine star will probably NOT follow him.
Only 2 differences I see between freakz and retail are:
- return speed is very slow on Freakz, on blizzard it's ~instant (can't fix this currently)
- on blizzard the final position of the star is "predicted", if the player is moving, the server knows the player will be at CURRENT POSITION + X yards and makes the star go there

Both of this mechanics are a bit too complex, will remain like this until I figure out a better way (the return speed would probably fix the issue)

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 1

odes
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 19-06-2016 19:30)

Votes: 79

Post Posted: 06-10-2015, 00:53:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ok, no rush, i realize these mechanics are a bit complex.

Quest Objective: Spread cancer all over Freakz.
Quest Status: Quest failed

You can play the entire game from ur Garrison/SW/OG nice mmo would play again Kappa. Retail WoW 2016™
0 0

tesio

[Mentally Stable]

(since 30-06-2017 21:51)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 06-10-2015, 12:37:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

nope @shoker you are wrong mate
https://youtube.com/watch?v=YFHrArMxC5g:

check at 3:17

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

Post Posted: 06-10-2015, 12:46:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

tesio wrote:
nope @shoker you are wrong mate
https://youtube.com/watch?v=YFHrArMxC5g:

check at 3:17
That video shows exactly what I said in my previous post: divine star travels in a STRAIGHT LINE (not following the player in curved lines/etc) AND it seems to predict the final position of the priest

WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

tesio

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 06-10-2015, 12:58:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@shocker nope it does follow and i dont have an idea what you mean by curved line, what's the difference between going behind the pillar or in front of pillar? both range is changed so even currently on live it does follow you even if you manage to go to stormwind from dalaran.
and no there is no prediction, since it's non-predictable where fear will send you -

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

Post Posted: 06-10-2015, 13:07:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You're not understanding me, I made some drawings, please stop repeating "NO NO! IT SHOULD FOLLOW HIM" and actually read what I'm trying to explain Rolling Eyes

THIS is what FOLLOW would mean:

The priest is in the original RED position. He casts divine star in front of him and divine star travels to the BLUE positions, then the priest starts moving to the right towards the YELLOW position. But when the priest reaches the GREEN position, the divine star starts to return (while the priest is still moving). The divine star WON'T take a CURVED road until it reaches the priest, instead it predicts the priest will be in the YELLOW position and moves to the yellow position where the priest and the star will meet:

tesio wrote:
and no there is no prediction, since it's non-predictable where fear will send you -
There's no prediction for you, but the server already knows where you will be

WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

tesio

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 06-10-2015, 13:15:06 [Bad post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

so wait - - - :d
you are saying that on the server your so called "prediction" predicts the predictable prediction of so predictive spell called divine star, but the fact it lacks some predictive abilities to predict the predictive ways of priests movement.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=x2kmzAvzj54:

proof.

1 1

meowmix

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-04-2016 22:20)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 06-10-2015, 13:15:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

what if you suddenly decide to change direction? how does the server predict that? i'll try recording a video on blizz
EDIT: I'm in a hurry and can't record right now but i confirm what shocker said with an addition. It does predict where you will be when it returns but not only once, at the halfway point it does another prediction in case your position changed. So it is prediction but not only once but twice one at the point when it returns and one halfway through coming back.

Last edited by meowmix on 06-10-2015, 13:33:37; edited 1 time in total
1 0

tesio

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 06-10-2015, 13:16:59 [Bad post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

and i liked "There's no prediction for you, but the server already knows where you will be"
0 1

ryangg

[Advisor]

(since 09-11-2022 09:46)

Votes: 134

Post Posted: 06-10-2015, 13:35:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Guys its easy ,the star goes back to the priest if its in a straight line ,the better, its easier to script

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

Post Posted: 06-10-2015, 13:38:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

No tesio, I'm saying RETAIL SERVERS predict that, FREAKZ DOESN'T, please stop posting useless crap in this topic, you're simply not reading what I'm posting.
meowmix wrote:
what if you suddenly decide to change direction? how does the server predict that? i'll try recording a video on blizz
EDIT: I'm in a hurry and can't record right now but i confirm what shocker said with an addition. It does predict where you will be when it returns but not only once, at the halfway point it does another prediction in case your position changed. So it is prediction but not only once but twice one at the point when it returns and one halfway through coming back.

Exactly, we need a video from blizz proving any of these guesses. Currently all we've seen are videos that prove my guess: server predicts the final position of the priest when divine starts to return. Judging from the speed of divine star's return, there's no need for 2 predictions, check the first videos, return speed is almost instant

WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

meowmix

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-04-2016 22:20)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 06-10-2015, 17:40:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It wasn't a guess, I actually tested it, but nvm I just got home and recorded proof, will be uploading it and adding it to this.
0 0

myraje

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-06-2017 13:12)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 06-10-2015, 18:31:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@Shocker I will make you a blizz video , just tell me SPECIFIC what do you want to see in that video so I can help you out with the mecanics

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Erudax, 05 April 2016 23:31

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> CONFIRMED Class spells / talents  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

The time now is 26-04-2024, 14:56:02
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x