User
Pass
2FA

[Priest][Discipline] Trinket Nerf

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message1082
dbondn123

[Mentally Stable]

(since 24-03-2019 21:30)

Votes: 22

Post Posted: 02-06-2018, 05:26:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Bug description: dps trinkets should deal 33% damage for discipline priests
Proof: https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/theory/mechanic/spell/disctrinketnerf?spec=PriestDiscipline&&version=7_1_5_23420

0 0

Mazar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-03-2020 20:00)

Votes: 37

Post Posted: 02-06-2018, 10:40:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I would like to add to this that every dmg trinket should be reduced by 33% for disc priest not only trinkets listed on ASM since disc priests on freakz can acquire any trinket from shop (also there is chance that some trinkets are not restricted properly).
Proofs: https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/theory/mechanic/spell/disctrinketnerf?spec=PriestDiscipline&&&&version=7_1_5_23420 "Trinkets do 33% damage for Discipline Priests."
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/54k5di/disc_priest_damage_trinkets_was_the_nerf_really/?st=jhx4mikj&&sh=683de370 "Damage trinkets while in Discipline spec only do 1/3 damage on what the tooltip says"

Here are proof that many trinkets are missing from ASM list because they were not available on retail:
http://forums.askmrrobot.com/t/discipline-trinket-nerf-table/2752

0 0

Elvenking

[Creep]

(since 12-07-2022 14:49)

Votes: 77

Post Posted: 02-06-2018, 14:14:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I can confirm this, tested without artifact weapon to see if the raw dmg is reduced.
Just to correct you, not all trinkets are nerfed by 35%, only the non-dot trinkets. Dot trinkets get a 45% nerf if you look at mrrobot.
Maybe I am wrong, but you can clearly see that not all trinkets get the "hard" nerf.

Regarding the discussion about draught or meele trinkets in general it's very hard to find proof.
In my opinion draught was nerfed 7.2 and in general almost nobody on retail got to use/test it due to the fact that it isn't in priest loottable.

Just don't nerf stuff without clear proof,
I also don't want to exploit stuff but I got this trinket on my priest because nothing says that it should not work and where is the problem that disc is suddenly viable?

0 0

Mazar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-03-2020 20:00)

Votes: 37

Post Posted: 02-06-2018, 15:26:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Elvenking wrote:

Maybe I am wrong, but you can clearly see that not all trinkets get the "hard" nerf.

I checked it and every possible dmg trinket for disco priest was nerfed on retail according to ASM.
Meele trinket were not available for disco priest so why would they list it?

Elvenking wrote:

Just don't nerf stuff without clear proof,

What kind of proof you want?
I've already posted multiple posts which states that every dmg trinket for disco priest was nerfed.
Elvenking wrote:

I also don't want to exploit stuff but I got this trinket on my priest because nothing says that it should not work and where is the problem that disc is suddenly viable?

I'm not for or against disabling melee trinkets for disco priest but I think that this server wants to be blizzlike as much as possible so we should disable every possible abuse/exploit which wouldn't happen on retail.
We should make disco priest viable by fixing bugs not by allowing bug exploits. Also disco priest should be viable for everyone not only for those who bought or got by bug melee trinket.

0 0

Elvenking

[Creep]

Post Posted: 02-06-2018, 16:51:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Mazar wrote:
We should make disco priest viable by fixing bugs not by allowing bug exploits. Also disco priest should be viable for everyone not only for those who bought or got by bug melee trinket.

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Item-Items-with-Random-Stats-IMPORTANT-t486912.html
This is not allowing items with wrong stats for people who buy it? I don't see a difference in a trinket doing more dmg or an item having more stats if we assume both are bugs.

My argument is that there is no clear proof for it just from looking askmrrobot. You can select the trinket nerf on live and there are still no meele trinkets in the list, as if nobody ever tested them?
You say they are not available and therefore not listed, might be an argument, but which nerf do you want to apply based on this assumption then? 45% or 35%?

In general this trinkets are not really good on the priest anyway because many mechanics force you to stay away from the boss and you can't procc/use them efficient.
Also draught is tbh not a "huge" boost overall.

0 0

dbondn123

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 02-06-2018, 17:04:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

If we open Draught of Souls on askmrrobot we can clearly see that it requires "Melee DPS" role to use it
https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/theory/mechanic/item/140808/draughtofsouls?spec=DruidFeral&&version=7_1_5_23420
Therefore we shouldn't be able to use this trinket as a discipline priest or as any ranged dps/heal spec.

0 0

Elvenking

[Creep]

Post Posted: 03-06-2018, 12:31:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

That's just the role it requires for you to get it (loot-filter).
In general you can use any trinket on any class/specc unless the trinket specify it.
For example Convergence of Fates says that it won't work in the wrong specc or other trinkets say "meele attacks/range attacks/heals procc it".

0 0

dbondn123

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 03-06-2018, 16:49:58 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Elvenking wrote:
That's just the role it requires for you to get it (loot-filter).
In general you can use any trinket on any class/specc unless the trinket specify it.
For example Convergence of Fates says that it won't work in the wrong specc or other trinkets say "meele attacks/range attacks/heals procc it".

No, it is not just loot-filter. "Player role required to use this entity" can't mean loot-filter. On retail this trinket is disabled for anything other than melee spec.
https://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?t=9825

Update @ 03-06-2018, 17:49:58

But i am not 100% sure, sorry if i am wrong about it -

0 0

Elvenking

[Creep]

Post Posted: 03-06-2018, 16:57:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

And all trinkets usable for range dps have "Player role required to use this entity" = range dps or DPS, still you can use them as disc priest on retail.
Thats just some commentary you can ignore, don't take everything serious that's written on ASM, in the end its just some human being typing the stuff into this site and you can only log retail drop the item and test it how it works.
What I know is the required spec flag used for loot filtering, otherwise you could get every item on every class/spec.

UPDATE:
Holy paladin using draught of souls on retail with logs (7.2)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y9vcmFtMCRfWg78r#fight=46&&type=damage-done
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y9vcmFtMCRfWg78r#fight=46&&type=damage-done&&source=10

It does damage with all classes/speccs, question is only how much on priest, maybe i grind the logs to find something....

0 0

Foxed

[Creep]

(since 21-11-2019 18:46)

Votes: 72

Post Posted: 03-06-2018, 18:58:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Question: With so many disc priest on this server i would say let them enjoy their trinkets, it is an underplayed spec, let them be happy.

https://www.freakz.ro/forum/achievement-Unique-a176.html
0 0

dbondn123

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 03-06-2018, 21:52:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Elvenking wrote:
And all trinkets usable for range dps have "Player role required to use this entity" = range dps or DPS, still you can use them as disc priest on retail.
Thats just some commentary you can ignore, don't take everything serious that's written on ASM, in the end its just some human being typing the stuff into this site and you can only log retail drop the item and test it how it works.
What I know is the required spec flag used for loot filtering, otherwise you could get every item on every class/spec.

UPDATE:
Holy paladin using draught of souls on retail with logs (7.2)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y9vcmFtMCRfWg78r#fight=46&&type=damage-done
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y9vcmFtMCRfWg78r#fight=46&&type=damage-done&&source=10

It does damage with all classes/speccs, question is only how much on priest, maybe i grind the logs to find something....

Okay, my bad, but still it shouldn't do 100% damage same as all other trinkets, i can't proof it because no one on retail wear this trinket according to warcraftlogs, because it was useless due to dmg reduction, it is obvious and doesn't require a proof.
Btw why this topic is still "Pending" and is not "Confirmed"?

0 0

Elvenking

[Creep]

Post Posted: 05-06-2018, 14:02:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Yes I waited for the priest mod to confirm this too, but gonna move this topic now.
Sorry for arguing so much here, I just spent money and lot's of time on my priest and want to enjoy it a little until we get big buffs in 7.2.5.
Idc about trinket dmg in the next patch, just somehow want to get a justified nerf in consideration that the class is not so strong rn and draught changes almost nothing that it is weak on most raid encounters.

In short:
-Some trinkets get a -0.55 dmg multiplicator
-Some trinekts get a -0.65 dmg multiplicator
-Meele trinkets are not listed but according to logs work on healer classes, so either -0.65 or -0.55 or nothing should be applied there.
Keep in mind that going to meele range is punishing and compensate for some dmg (maybe not for all).

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Elvenking, 05 June 2018 12:02

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 27-04-2024, 18:16:57
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x