User
Pass
2FA

[PvP Guide] So you wanna get good? [Updated: 08/29/13]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message3197
nazty

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-11-2013 03:21)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 25-08-2013, 01:35:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

under construction

Please feel free to ask questions, make corrections [with evidence, not just with what you been told], and anything else you wish to do.

Table of Contents
[under construction]

Updates
08/29/13
-Added Subtlety Rogue Section.

Introduction

My experience in WoW is irrelevant but some people will ask for it so I will tell you. I've played retail since 1 week after Vanilla WoW was released [Vanilla WoW means WoW before any expansions were created. This was in '04, so I've played WoW for 8 years off and on]. I was the first horde shadow priest on my server to reach high warlord except for people from a certain guild [the reason this is, is because that guild had a pact with an alliance guild and they would trade with each other to get all their members up.. it was a bullshit wow monopoly lol]. That was on Frostmane US. I also played a rogue on Illidan alliance and was there for the dreadful winterspring funeral raid for those of you that recall that one. I quit retail in TBC about a week after BT was released. Went to private servers shortly after. Returned to WoW in MOP because I love monks irl lol. I am not some arena hero, I won't claim to be multi-gladiator although it is only because I have always played on a low FPS computer, I am not the best on this server but could easily reach 2.4k+ if I could keep my FPS from dropping down to 8 lol, but I do enjoy helping people and I do have some knowledge that many of you desperately need.

So let's face it. You're here for 1 of 3 reasons. First reason: You want to read through my guide and tell me everything that is wrong, that I am nub, etc. Second reason: Blunt answer, you suck. Third reason: You're too lazy to use google.

I don't mind any of those reasons. There is nothing wrong with admitting you're bad, there is however something wrong when you can't admit you're bad to yourself. Thinking you have nothing to improve on is very bad for even the most pro people ever. Do I *** up? Absolutely, every game I play there's plenty of mistakes. By admitting them at least to yourself, and bringing it to the front of your mind, you can and will improve if you react to these mistakes.

Furthermore, we all know most of you cannot afford retail, which means you probably cannot afford some leading gaming mouse with 3849329413 buttons. It's fine, you don't need them. They do make it easier, but remember: Games were not made with these items in mind; These items were made with games in mind.

This guide will go over basics of PvP from a PvP players perspective. I will attempt to dumb it down a bit for people who do not know these things [from my experience in BG's here, that means most of you - ]

So let us begin.

Stats:

No matter what class you choose, you need to know what stats you need. So I will go over them with you. If you're not a healer, you 100% certainly need your hit caps. Some classes may want other caps such as expertise or spell penetration.

First we will review casters. The spell hit cap is 4% [410 hit rating]. ALL dps casters will want this, and it is highly recommended for healers as well. Heals do NOT require hit cap [common knowledge I know, but remember that sentence above? I am trying to dumb it down so that brand new players do not have to ask such questions and get mocked by immature know it all's] . However, you shouldn't only be healing, CC and even dmg can and more often will be crucial in determining a win or lose against equal or more skilled opponents. Spell penetration is another thing that both casters and healers may want [should want]. Even some physical damage dealers need spell penetration [yeap.. I said it, call me wrong bitch - ]. There are 2 spell pen caps [excluding mage armor]. 97 and 195. 240 is the spell pen cap if you wish to cover mages. In 4.3, the casters have it easy. The cloak or necklace that you can purchase has excess amounts of spell penetration so you have nothing to worry about. However, Dk's and Hunters and Ferals and Enh. Shamans [definitely Enhance Shamans] may also opt for spell pen to ensure that their cc doesn't miss [they also have some magic dmg as well, Chimera Shot for example]. You won't be aiming for 240 spell pen on these primarily physical themed classes, instead you'll aim for either 75 or 195. cloak enchant, 2 rare stormy gems [i haven't calculated epic gems btw so take that into consideration], and 1x spell pen/resil gem will net you exactly 195 spell pen, covering all ur blue slots and cloak enchant. Also, very few sub rogues, and more assassination rogues [Neilyo for example] have been seen sporting the cloak enchant and as much as 1 blue gem, to cover motw resists of either envenom or crippling poison [in case of sub].

For melee classes, read the above spell penetration part if you skipped it and are hunter/dk/feral/enh shaman/assasination rogue. Your hit rating requirement is 5% [600 rating]. All melee classes should aim for hit cap to the best of my knowledge [I did see Vanguard's Paladin that reforged out of hit, and only gemmed str/hit in blue slots to get socket bonuses]. Expertise is a funny little thing. Having your Throwdown dodged by a mage, or that healer dodging your gouge, is a kick in the groin. I do know that nearly every rogue in the top arena brackets had expertise cap of 601 expertise rating to prevent such things from happening. I am uncertain of warrs, I may do some research in the future and update this. But for the most part, I personally [from rogue perspective] would say ignore expertise until you are well geared, and start facing more difficult teams.

The rest of the stats will be covered in another section. These are simply the most generalized and most important stats that people tend to ignore. As for how to reach all of your stats properly, ReforgeLite and similar addons can be used to properly calculate your stats to give you the closest to the cap as possible because every point over the cap is wasted.

Addons

In PvP there are many addon's one can use. I will go over some. Almost all of these can be found on curse for 4.3 [make sure you don't download versions from MoP -]

Gladius - The most popular known PvP addon. Replaces standard arena frames and can report things such as enemy trinket usage, and other things. Nearly every arena player uses it.

GladiatorlosSA - An addon that speaks. It tells you when the enemies use cc spells [silence/stun/fear/etc, but by their spell name]. Highly recommended in Arena. Furthermore, the female robot voice is kinda sexy.

OmniCC [I first typo'd and wrote CCleaner lol] - Adds digital [countdown style] numbers to your spells to help you know when they're off cooldown.

Quartz - Castbar replacement [primarily used for the latency display. If say you're casting frostbolt, and you have about .3 seconds of latency, you can click your /stopcasting /cast ice lance macro before the cast of frostbolt "technically" completes as long as it's in the red line, and both spells will still cast].

GTFO - plays an annoying noise anytime you are standing in something you shouldn't be.

TellMeWhen - Tracking addon. Can track cooldowns/debuffs/buffs/runes/etc.

PowerAuras - allows you to create auras [Surprise]. Used to do things like add your proc based trinket/talent as an aura if it otherwise wouldn't be.

InterruptAnnouncer - tells your party/raid when you interrupt someone. good for those on voice clients, great for those that aren't. It also stops the randoms that you reach 2v2 cap with from saying, "why didn't you blind him you nub!?!?!" when you clearly did -

Tidy Plates - I use it mostly as a DoT tracker. Most dot trackers are bars, i hate that. Although I am currently looking for a new dot timer addon with bigger number displays. I used to have one but I can't remember it.

There are a lot more addons to add, I'm just trying to get a rough draft going here and I just started playing wow again after a 1 year break so my memory's a little shotty. These are just the ones I remembered off the top of my head. Please feel free to suggest some that I may have forgotten.

Macros
Everyone needs to know macros. Yes, everyone. Macros make the world a safer place. You can even make convienent macros such as the one on my rogue to apply wound on mainhand/cripple on offhand/cripple on thrown. However we're not here to discuss those -

Nearly every CC spell, should be a macro. I will go over some macros now.

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus] Polymorph; Polymorph

This macro will polymorph your focus if you have one, or poly your target if you don't.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,@focus] Polymorph
/cast [nomod] Polymorph

This macro will poly your target. If you press shift while using the macro it will poly your focus.

#showtooltip necrotic strike
/startattack
/cast necrotic strike
/petattack
/cast claw
/cast [@focus] !dark command;
/cast necrotic strike

This macro will turn on auto attack, use necrotic strike [replace it with any attack], make your pet attack that target, use your pet's claw ability [i like to keep claw toggled off, not the best option, in reality you should be able to toggle claw on and off], and use dark command on ur focus target to keep them in combat.

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Psychic Scream

This macro will cancel any cast you are doing and fear instead.

That is enough for macros. It is basically just to give you an idea. I will include some macros for classes further in the guide.

Keybindings

I've posted this guide on a couple websites in the past, so if you seen it elsewhere.. that is likely me as well. But I'm shortening it here as there's so much info here already.

The red keys are used for movement. Most people change A and D to Strafing keys. You should definitely unbind S as you should never walk backwards in PvP and it gives you a very convenient spell placing spot.

The blue keys are easiest to reach for most people followed by green keys which are harder to reach but still not very difficult.

F1-f4, Spacebar [with modifiers] and YHN can be used as additional spots if you need them.

Your mouse should have keybindings as well. mouse wheel up, mouse wheel down, mouse wheel pressed, and any extra buttons your mouse may have. Also, you can change WAD to ESF if you like as well to have additional keybindings on the left side. I personally don't do this but many do.
Tab should be changed to target nearest enemy player instead of target nearest enemy.

General Help

Dueling is one of the most effective ways to improve. When you duel people and lose, try to think what you did wrong. If your computer can handle it, record your dueling and arena sessions to review in the future [if you have the spare time and this is not too boring for you, but it is a GREAT way to improve]. When you duel someone, be NICE. Yes, I know we're all frustrated little nerds with no patience and want to make excuses every time we lose. But if you stay nice, they'll duel you again most likely. And remember your goal is not to win, it's to become better. So as long as you are learning, you already won [corny I know].

Battlegrounds is not the best way to learn your character. You can rely heavily on your team's backup than your own abilities as a player. In battlegrounds, most people just try to score kills. Why? Simple.. they like to see their name at the top. We all know that killing blows are irrelevant but it changes little. People will always want to be number 1. However, if you would like to improve your battlegrounds play.. follow the objectives. Killing is the least important part of any battleground and often times should NEVER be done unless near a tower/flag carrier defense/etc. If you are low geared, and even high geared, CC is often times more important than killing. So even if you only have 90k hp, if you are keeping that healer cc'd, or them casters standing away from everyone, then you're doing a better job than 90% of people that enter.

Watching movies helps. Dueling vids/arena vids, all will help you learn if you actually study them. Not only your own class, but others when versing your class too. See what they do to win, see how they counter your abilities and what you can do to prevent that. For example, fake casting helps. However, fake casting at the right moment can bate people who expect fake casts. An easy one to do is take a few steps away from a melee and start to cast. They will run up to you thinking that you expected to get the cast off because of the distance and they will attempt to interrupt you. So just cancel your cast right as they are entering interrupt range.

One of the most important things to know, is EVERY class. Not only your own. You don't "technically" have to know all of their spells/talents, but all of their CC abilities is a good start. Later on you can research how they typically line up their big bursts. Ever wonder why you died after dispelling Unstable Affliction and couldn't heal? It's because dispelling UA silences you and causes a lot of damage on top of all damage they're already doing and their partners [You shouldn't really die from dispelling UA btw people, but it will definitely make you wish you hadn't - ]. There are many things of the classes you face that you should know. It may not be practical for you to level every class and learn them all just to do arena/bgs/duels effectively, but as stated in the previous paragraph, you can learn most of this by watching videos of other classes. Who knows, you actually might decide you would rather play as that class -

Classes

For now I will just be adding some specs. Requests can be made in the future.

Death Knight

The most effective arena spec for Death Knight is generally considered Unholy. Frost is generally considered to be the best spec for Rated battlegrounds. I will not be going over Blood spec. In both Unholy and Frost specs, Unholy stance is the one you use most often.

Unholy

Stats are: Hit>195 or 75 spell pen [195 recommended]>Str=Resil [depends on playstyle]>Haste>Crit>Mastery
Spec http://wowtal.com/#k=-kicVVT1.bqj.deathknight.-T-fgW
Magic Suppression/AMZ/Rage of Rivendare/Sudden Doom/Bladed Armor are all considered optional talents.

Notes:
Blood strike and Icy Touch will pretty much be ignored as unholy.
Get spell pen, seriously, get it.
The glyphs listed in that talent spec are all mandatory except death grip. Scourge strike can be replaced with Icy Touch with low gear.
You don't need to use Scourge Strike especially at lower gear. Right now my death knight is sporting really low gear and I have Scourge Strike completely removed from my action bars using only Necrotic Strike and Festering Strike. When you get a good weapon, Scourge Strike begins to shine.

Frost
Hit>195 or 75 spell pen [195 recommended]>str=resil [depends on playstyle]>mastery>haste>crit
Spec http://wowtal.com/#k=ekPCyOPV.bqj.deathknight.GPagN

Notes:
Obliterate is actually not used in Arena or Battlegrounds often as Frost, and when used is pretty much exclusive to fighting cloth. Howling Blast/Necrotic Strike/Frost Strike are used more. If you have the runes and a KM proc, feel free to use Obliterate. If you love Obliterate, you may want to opt into picking up imp. obliterate [annihilation] and rime.
Stats are dependent. Arena tends to favor haste, while rated bgs favor mastery. I will state rated bg style.
Obliterate may be used more in bg's than in arena so my spec I listed may need improvement. Also I did not list a DW spec.
Unholy DK's NEED control of their pet. If you cannot keybind things such as petattack/claw/leap/huddle [huddle is especially important as most private servers have pets taking way too much damage for one reason or another]/etc., then you will not be very successful as an Unholy Deathknight.
Learn to kite while disarmed or get disarm reduction enchant on your weapon. Typically having 2 weapons [1 for crusader, 1 for disarm] is a good idea. If you enter a match with an opponent that can disarm, use your reduced disarm weapon. Or if you're good at predicting, keep your main weapon and swap when you anticipate the disarm, then swap back after.

DK Macros
Most macros are based on your playstyle but I will add some lines that can be used in some of your macros

/cast blood tap
Blood tap is an often ignored death knight spell. But considering your runes should almost always be on cooldown, especially your unholy ones, you may not be able to use a certain ability when needed. I have this added with /cast anti-magic zone to ensure I can use it when needed.

/cast claw
if you have claw toggled off to make sure you can pool energy for gnaw, having this in at least one of your frequently used macros is good. I have it with festering strike, as necrotic strike gets used far too much and I don't want to ever withhold using it just to gnaw someone.

/cast [@focus] !dark command
this will help you keep your focus target in combat

/petattack
as implied, it sends your pet to attack

/cast [nomod,@player] Unholy Frenzy
/cast [mod:shift,@party1] Unholy Frenzy
/cast [mod:alt,@pet] Unholy Frenzy

these lines can be modified to suit your tastes. Unholy Frenzy is a spell many novice dk's ignore. It can be used on your teammate to break sheep, it can be used on your pet during dark transformation to increase their dmg even further. I've seen people with something like /cast [@player] unholy frenzy /cast gargoyle to inc. their dmg during gargoyle for more burst.

/cast [@player] death coil

During lichborne you can heal yourself with death coil. So I use this with lichborne like this.. /cast [nomod] Lichborne /cast [nomod,@player] Death coil /cast [mod:shift,@pet] Death coil

/cast [@focus] death grip

/cast [mod:shift, @arena1] strangulate

/cast [@arena2, nomod] mind freeze
death grip, mind freeze, and strangulate should all have focus macros and/or arena macros.

Druid
Druids have a role for each of their specs. I will only be covering Feral and Resto for now.

Restoration
Spell Hit cap [you can get melee hit cap if you want but eh..]>Spell Pen>Intellect > Resilience > Spirit > Haste > Mastery > Crit
http://wowtal.com/#k=gDStYJfL.b0w.druid.QZ8sjm
In this spec, you can get empowered touch if you wish. it was opted out because 3 lifeblooms rarely happen and casting is difficult. the 1 point in furor is for cat form skull bash.

Feral

Melee Hit cap>Spell Pen [75 or 195.. you don't want to lose out on cyclones]>Agi>Mastery=Crit [this is preference, Mastery for more sustained damage, crit for more burst]>Haste. I've seen several high rated ferals that grab Expertise cap as well. Your choice.
http://wowtal.com/#k=-bKWjQ6TI.b0w.druid.d3tJvb
4 pts leftover. I'd say Natural Reaction. The other 2 can go for Fury Swipes or Primal Madness. You can drop savage roar glyph if you don't use it [You should use it -], You can pick up Mangle glyph if you rarely can shred [You should learn to shred], and you can pick up rejuvenation glyph.

Macros
Macros are personal preference so I'm only offering a few suggestions. But you DEFINITELY want as many macros as possible.
#showtooltip#show/cast [stance:1] !Bear Form; [stance:4] !Travel form; [stance:3] !Cat Form
Power shifting macro

#showtooltip/cast [stance:1/3] Faerie Fire (Feral)(Feral); Faerie Fire

#showtooltip Skull Bash(Cat Form)/cast [stance:1/2/4/5/6] !Cat Form/cast [nostance] !Cat Form/cast [nomod, @target] Skull Bash(Cat Form)/cast [mod:shift, @focus] Skull Bash(Cat Form)
Skull Bash Macro

There are a LOT of different macros for druids thx to all the forms. Google 4.3 Feral PvP Macros or something similar. This guide is going to be long so for now I will not be posting them as there are so many.

Hunter
I don't have too much experience with hunters honestly so after I conduct some research I may update this section.

Mage
I like to run Frost in Arena, Fire in BG's. So that is what I will cover here. Sorry arcane users, but I've hated arcane since Vanilla -

Frost
There's many choices actually for a Frost Mage. So I will cover some choices on top of the actual talent specs.
4% Hit>195 to 240 spell pen>Crit>=Mastery>Haste
http://wowtal.com/#k=SqdsG1C.bqj.mage.M57IG\Crit and Mastery are a bit of a tossup. Mastery gives more RNG to your shatter combos due to less crit. Notes:
But when the gods are in your favor you will do a lot more burst. Crit gives more reliance to your shatter. Generally speaking, you want to reforge either all or half of your gear to crit. If you chose half, the other half goes to mastery. You need 17% crit to reach 50% shatter crit. 12% hit if you run with a class to provide 5% crit buff [sub rogue for example]. 17% is not some magical number to stop at, I just wouldn't recommend going with less than that if you wanted to put some stats towards mastery.
In the Frost tree, Piercing Ice can be maxed, Piercing chill is optional, Enduring winter I've seen a few top mages max it. The fire tree and Arcane tree are optional. If you go in the fire tree, your goal is 2 points and 1 point in both of the following [your choice which gets 2], Impact and Blazing Speed. You will want Imp. Counterspell from arcane tree even if you go into the fire tree. If you chose to go into the Arcane tree, It's for Imp. Blink or Invocation. The 2 unfilled Tier 1 arcane talents are preferential, and Burning Soul in Fire tree is recommended.

Glyphs listed are used by 99% of mages. Other glyphs to fill empty spots are: Prime - Mage Armor, Molten Armor, Frostfire Bolt [I use this one], Major - Frost Armor, Evocation, Ice Barrier, Icy Veins, Blink [I tend to use a combination of Evocation, Icy Veins, and Ice Barrier]. Minor glyphs are all preferential except for the one listed.

Fire

Remember this is more of a BG spec that I'm listing.
4% Hit>240 Spell Pen>23.34% crit [100% frozen Pyroblasts]>Crit=Haste>Mastery
You can go for 18.34% crit before deciding if you want to go more into haste, this is assuming there will be a crit buff in all of your bg games.
http://wowtal.com/#k=-kfT-s4I.bqj.mage.RAiOvm
Optional talents are: All tier 1 arcane talents, maxing Fire Power, Molten Shields, Ice Floes

Macros
Macros for mages are fairly cut and dry. A lot of focus macros for CC Spells [Including talented Fire Blast], /stopcasting before all of your instant casts, and a macro for your pet if you're frost. #showtooltip /cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental /cast freeze is the pet macro. Summons pet if you don't have one, casts freeze if you do. You may also want to make a mouseover Ice Lance macro.. #showtooltip /cast [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] Ice Lance; Ice Lance;

Paladin [coming soon!]

Priest [coming soon!]

Rogue
I will only be covering Subtlety spec.

Subtlety
Agi>Hit>Expertise 20/20 [optional but recommended at higher gear/rank for gouge mostly]>Crit [Haste and Mastery are negligible, but you can grab haste > mastery if you're using pve pieces i guess]
http://wowtal.com/#k=kKHkZ3Sb.bqj.rogue.-frYgO
Lethality and Coup De Grace can be swapped. Waylay can be picked up at the cost of 2 points removed from honor amongst thieves. Waylay is NOT recommended however as you should be able to shiv your crip psn from offhand when needed.

Notes:
gem pure agi, skip socket bonuses.
if you can't cc, learn or roll another class.
smoke bomb is both offensive and defensive. you can use it right when a focus cc is ending to keep them from healing/helping their partner, you can use it when you can't pillar to leave combat and restealth, you can use it to ensure your focus is out of combat so you can stealth/dance/vanish>sap them, you can use it to line up burst with your partner and attempt to finish off or cause a lot of destruction to your main target, there's many applications for it just like any other cc.
you can sap while in sdance [if opponent is not in combat]

Macros
Rogues do a lot of damage of course, however, they also do a LOT of control. You should have a lot of focus macros. kick, gouge, sap, shadowstep, blind, redirect, kidney shot, basically anything that can be used for cc should be a focus macro [but make sure u can still use them on ur target if needed]. you can make /cast !stealth to make stealth button spammable. u can add /startattack to all ur attack moves to make sure ur auto attack begins even if u don't have energy. u can add tricks of the trade to a macro. u can add /cast !throw with your deadly throw to use ur throwing wep at same time as the finisher. how you make your macros is your personal preference which is why i don't just list all of mine. that, and this guide would be too long lol. oh, and u can add premed to all ur stealth abilities [make sure you cover sdance too]

Shaman [coming soon!]

Warlock [coming soon!]

Warrior [coming soon!]

Battlegrounds
In all battlegrounds, gear is not as important as people make it out to be. If you are doing the objectives, and using all your crowd control abilities [preferably on healers/highest dps], then you are more valuable than a full geared player just there to kill lowbies. Also remember, in every battleground, the least effective thing you can do is fight in mid [mid is anywhere that doesn't have an objective].

I am doing this battleground first because it is the one where I see people make the most mistakes.

Red Area - Places you should NEVER PvP at.
Green Area - Places you should always go to, and are allowed to PvP as much as your nub little heart desires.
Blue Area - NEVER go here at the beginning of the game if you see even 1 other person going there. [Check your map]

The goal of Eye of the Storm is to acquire points. You get them 1 of 2 ways. 1) Holding a tower slowly accumulates points, it speeds up with more towers. To capture a tower, simply stand near it and you will see a bar slowly raise. It raises faster with more people nearby. 2) Bring the flag to a captured tower. The two biggest mistakes you see in Eye of the Storm is so many people going for flag or fighting in the red zone.

You have 2 main options to go for in Eye of the Storm. Capturing 2 towers, defending them, and having a small group run the flag back each time [preferably to the tower being assaulted so that your squad are also "backup"], Having the whole team constantly get towers to acquire 3 while 1 or 2 grab the flag. If you have 3, you can go for 4, but if you're able to get 4, you didn't really need any strategy because the other team is greatly inferior so unless this is the case, you should start defending and only acquire the last tower when you know you will lose 1 of your 3. As no one in pugs [non-rated bg/non-premade bg] likes to defend, the 3 tower strategy is what is usually aimed for. You may also opt for the Furious strategy [google it], or a back tower rush. Back tower rush is where both teams split up, leaves 1-2 people at each of their closest towers, then all the rest of them immediately rush to the back section to get a quick 4 cap lead. This can generally go in your favor in pugs where quite a few people tend to go in the middle for flag so your team should be able to wipe out the few capping towers despite their possible gear advantage. If you can then kill their flag carrier and get a quick flag cap while you still hold the 4 bases you are almost guaranteed to win.

Final notes. If you are riding to a new tower and you see 1 stray opposing player in your way it may be tempting to kill them, but don't. You will get plenty of fighting action capturing towers trust me, and you increase your chances of winning too. If you are at a tower capturing it, and the opposing player you were fighting runs away, let them, and keep capturing that tower. I often times go to a tower of 2-3 horde and make people leave from capturing a tower just to slow their point accumulation.

To be continued.. I'm Tired. PS: This will all be neat, organized, easy to navigate through once it is completed. If I ever miss anything.. Let me know, thx.

Last edited by nazty on 29-08-2013, 23:49:24; edited 6 times in total
0 0

thebotz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 27-10-2014 21:19)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 27-08-2013, 20:04:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Pretty nice guide -

One mistake you did though, frost DKs don't use Blood Strike at all anymore. They did in 4.0.6 to gain death runes, but now in 4.3.4, those death runes are permanent. Makes obliterate a bit more important again, although mostly when against clothies or other targets with low armor and/or won't be receiving lots of heals (little use of necrotics). Just my experience from both arenas with 1 DK and minimizing the amount of global cooldowns I need to kill each class when running BGs on all 4 -. As a general experience, things like mages/priests/locks melt from quad obliterate in seconds, rogues/druids (minus bear) make obliterate and frost strike pretty equal, and mail/plates melt from frost strikes. In any cases, I'll make healers, blood DKs and ferals in bear unhealable through quad necro and proceed to spam either of the 2 with a mixture of howling blasts to top it, unless a partial immunity pops on the target (AMS, hand of protection, cloak of shadow, etc), in which case I'll force myself to whichever I can still use. Even on lower scales (1 toon), you'll still be following the same pattern for attacks.

On another subject, looking forward to see what you'll put up for each BG. Being 4 slots out of 10/15 in BGs forces me to always be aware of objectives and not count on others to do something for me unless I clearly see for myself (or get confirmation over voice in case of a premade -) that some place is covered and dosen't need help. If I start chasing an unlucky guy all over the BG for an extra kill, I'm wasting not 1, but 4 slots for my team. As far as EotS goes (since that's what you've covered for now), what you said is pretty much what I do to win them easily. Unless I'm running with pugs and facing an 10 man alliance premade of full catas that zergs me every chance they get (if there's a 10 man premade, they WILL zerg me..) or I'm unlucky enough that my entire team is being stupid in the middle while the entire alliance just runs around capping the 3 bases I'm not at, I win just about every EotS I play. The quick moving, dispatching and capping of bases that my 4 toons offer allow me to randomly 4 cap the game in under a minute and a half if the alliance falters just a bit for that time and dosen't randomly dismounts me in the middle. Assuming just 1 or 2 guys intelligent enough to ninja the flag in that small period of time, it can do for random 600+ points comebacks.

As a general rule, I only go for the flag if the alliance shoves it into my meatgrinder (don't laugh, it happens!) or it's going for the base I'm about to attempt capping. Otherwise, I completely ignore it, as my toons don't cap a flag faster than anyone else (aside from killing stuff), wheras they cap bases really quickly.

The irony of multiboxing is that it only truly shines when it's supported by normal players.

Soulbotz/Botzdotcom. Quad elemental, quad DK, will take full advantage of above statement.
0 0

nazty

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-11-2013 03:21)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 27-08-2013, 20:48:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thanks for the input even if you are a mean ole multiboxer ruining me from gearing my 4.0.6 vicious char's to new gear lol. I was actually surprised to find out you're correct about blood runes, thx. I played 4.0.6 but not 4.3. However, you are a multiboxer, so yea Oblit is awesome lol. But, NS/HB is still better in most situations, even more so with permanent death runes. Frost DK role in BG is an AoE class. I use Oblit only in the following situations: a] Caster is missing a chunk of HP and I have KM proc. b] It's one of those times where 1 or both teams are dropping fast in a large group battle and I don't expect myself or targets to live long enough for the extra gcd's. c] The caster is a mage - Usually in bg's though I target healers or top dps and stack NS on them while aoe'n the rest of the group and cc'n when possible.

0 0

mitosandov

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-03-2014 10:03)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 10-12-2013, 14:11:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

nazty wrote:

Sorry arcane users, but I've hated arcane since Vanilla -

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by mayavin, 31 October 2014 22:03

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 23-09-2024, 13:15:55
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password