User
Pass
2FA

[REJECTED] [Hunter][MM] trickshot + legacy of the windrunners v2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message694
zay

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-01-2020 02:33)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 28-02-2018, 16:13:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

so after seeing https://forum.wow-freakz.com/FIXED-Hunter-MM-Trick-Shot-Legacy-of-the-Windrunners-t513322.html i wanted to check a bit more in depth and do some comparisions since i noticed that the aoe from trickshot was always listed as the same as aimed shot in damage meters and there was some inconsistency with the previous report
first thing that got me a bit confused is that the aoe damage from trickshot is named "aimedshotaoe" and is listed under "aimedshot" (aimed shot) with the same spell id, so to make sure these were considered the same i used true aim talent which on freakz procs on every target hit by aoe aimed shots (since it's limited to 1 target it just jumps to the next target after every bounce of trickshot, ending on the last target that gets hit)and true aim only has "aimedshot" in the whitelist not "aimedshotaoe" which means that the 2 are considered the same thing by the game, now legacy of the windrunners has the exact same whitelist as true aim so logically it should also proc from "aimedshotaoe" just like true aim does even if it's not listed in either of them, unless the whitelists on freakz are different than the ones on mrrobot this is the only conclusion you can come to, if true aim procs on every target then so should lotw, and if lotw only procs on your main target then so should true aim only stack on your main target, you cant have true aim proc in aoe and lotw not proc in aoe if they both proc from the same thing

ps: kinda off topic but for the little smarties around yes ullr's feather snowshoes also has the same whitelist as trueaim and lotw but it doesn't proc in aoe because looking at game balance it would be completely broken, most likely it has an internal cd based on your gcd

0 0

tudor1297

[shefu' la luptatori]

(since 01-02-2020 14:06)

Votes: 250

Post Posted: 28-02-2018, 17:29:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Your logic is mostly correct, however you are missing one important detail.
You are right about Aimed shot and the way it works. It is a single spell, with it's spell id, that deals damage to the main target, and also deals aoe dmg if you've got the Trick Shot talent. So, with a single spell cast you deal multiple hits (on aoe ofc). And this is an important because while True Aim's trigger is on spell hit (meaning each time Aimed shot hits the target, be it AimedShot or AimedShotAoE), LotW is triggered on spell cast, which means that it only procs once when you finish casting Aimed shot.
You can check askmrrobot for that, True aim has Trigger type Spell Hit, with it's whitelist, and LotW's trigger type is Missile fired, which I'm pretty sure it's the equivalent of Spell cast for hunters.

So that's the reason why True aim procs from Aimed shot aoe, but LotW doesn't.

[RO]Warrior Fury PvE Guide 5.4.8

[EN]Warrior Fury PvE Guide 5.4.8

1 0

zay

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-01-2020 02:33)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 28-02-2018, 17:35:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

tudor1297 wrote:
Your logic is mostly correct, however you are missing one important detail.
You are right about Aimed shot and the way it works. It is a single spell, with it's spell id, that deals damage to the main target, and also deals aoe dmg if you've got the Trick Shot talent. So, with a single spell cast you deal multiple hits (on aoe ofc). And this is an important because while True Aim's trigger is on spell hit (meaning each time Aimed shot hits the target, be it AimedShot or AimedShotAoE), LotW is triggered on spell cast, which means that it only procs once when you finish casting Aimed shot.
You can check askmrrobot for that, True aim has Trigger type Spell Hit, with it's whitelist, and LotW's trigger type is Missile fired, which I'm pretty sure it's the equivalent of Spell cast for hunters.

So that's the reason why True aim procs from Aimed shot aoe, but LotW doesn't.

im not too familiar with how wow works regarding procs on hits or spell casts but seeing the way aimed shot bounces from one target to another,not instantly that is, if the targets are far enough apart you can clearly see it hitting each target one after the other unlike spells like chain lightning so it kinda gave me the idea that each bounce is a different iteration of the spell but cant say i have accurate info on that

0 0

Quicksand

[Very Important Person]

(since 10-08-2020 18:56)

Votes: 183

Post Posted: 01-03-2018, 03:27:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/theory/mechanic/spell/legacyofthewindrunners?spec=HunterMarksmanship&&&&version=7_1_5_23420

The proc condition for LotW is "Missile Fired", it's when the missiles leaves your weapon.

I spent like 10 minutes trying it on retail, I tested on two dummies with different names so I can see in logs, I had 156 hits with LotW on only ONE dummy, while I had 108 hits with Aimed Shot, but only 54 casts => all my aimed shots were replicated to the secondary target as well due to Trick Shot, but out of the 26 procs (26 * 6 = 156) from LotW NONE hit the secondary target. Every single one of the procs hit only the main target, regardless of Trick Shot

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Quicksand, 01 March 2018 01:27

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 27-04-2024, 17:25:10
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x