User
Pass
2FA

[REJECTED] [Rogue] Energy Regeneration Formula
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message4169
Archangel Ady

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-08-2013 16:15)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 10-08-2013, 21:14:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Wowhead/WoW Freakz Link: <Cannot be linked>
Descrierea bugului / Bug description: Energy regeneration is not affected directly by effects that increase the regeneration amount, instead it works as a boost of energy every now and then, this type of "burst" is very wrong, as an example when you use Adrenaline Rush (on live servers) your energy is DIRECTLY affected, therefore directly increasing the speed of the regeneration and granting virtually unlimited energy regeneration, on WoW Freakz any type of energy regeneration works as a small boost which GREATLY decreases rogue's viability.
Dovada / Proof: https://youtube.com/watch?v=rcQMCEj-t0Y:

through this video I want you to look at the rogue's energy regeneration rate, such regeneration rate simply does not exist on WoW Freakz and by looking you can perhaps understand what I'm trying to tell you here. (If you didn't already).

0 0

MasterMD

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-03-2021 15:24)

Votes: 14

Post Posted: 11-08-2013, 02:55:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It doesn't show up on the character sheet and you can test it yourself in-game. Get to 0 energy and then time how long it takes for it to get to 100. It will not be the same as the one in your char sheet.

P.S. http://forum.wow-freakz.com/REJECTED-ROGUE-PVE-COMBAT-Energy-Regen-t211476-15.html

0 0

Archangel Ady

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 11-08-2013, 09:15:47 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

MasterMD wrote:
It doesn't show up on the character sheet and you can test it yourself in-game. Get to 0 energy and then time how long it takes for it to get to 100. It will not be the same as the one in your char sheet.

P.S. http://forum.wow-freakz.com/REJECTED-ROGUE-PVE-COMBAT-Energy-Regen-t211476-15.html

You didn't understood what I meant, it's not about haste or other effects, it's about the regeneration in itself, it's different than that on retail, it regenerates slower and the bonus regeneration effects such as haste do not act as a direct increase effect, but as a secondary increase effect which gives a small boost of energy every now and then. (As an example with adrenaline rush on you, your energy WILL regenerate as if it would be normal, but as luck will have it, when you would tick 20/100 energy it would suddenly jump (jump, not increase regeneration) to 40 or 50 or 60 due to the energy regen's formula).
Example 2: You use Adrenaline Rush, you cast Sinister Strike two times (each strike costing you 45 energy) and you remain with 10 energy, the energy will regenerate normally untill 20-25 and then suddenly jump to 40-45-50.
I hope I clarified it to you.

0 0

boscodeala

[MEGA Gras ]

(since 10-12-2016 07:57)

Votes: 35

Post Posted: 11-08-2013, 19:59:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Not a bug. It's perfectly normal for the energy to jump from 20-25 to 40-45 when you take into account that your energy regen is increased by 100%, it would be pointless to show a continuous growth, moreover, it's an intended blizzard design since it also occurs on blizzard. The energy regen works just fine, the only bug being that the proper energy regen rate is not displayed in the character sheet. Please refer to the bug that I posted and got rejected for the right reasons. To sum up, energy regen works just fine.

Rogue PVE All Spec Guide For 5.4.8

0 0

Archangel Ady

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 11-08-2013, 20:39:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

boscodeala wrote:
Not a bug. It's perfectly normal for the energy to jump from 20-25 to 40-45 when you take into account that your energy regen is increased by 100%, it would be pointless to show a continuous growth, moreover, it's an intended blizzard design since it also occurs on blizzard. The energy regen works just fine, the only bug being that the proper energy regen rate is not displayed in the character sheet. Please refer to the bug that I posted and got rejected for the right reasons. To sum up, energy regen works just fine.

I don't know how to better explain it, if you actually think it's fine then okay. (Yes, I know about talents which give you energy and no I'm not talking about that kind of energy boost).

0 0

Flatlined

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-12-2014 11:58)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 12-08-2013, 14:48:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Energy shouldn't be regen'ed in chunks like it is on freakz, if you watch the video you'll see the guy's energy doesn't just randomly go up by 20 or 40 it's smooth.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Energy

" Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Regeneration went from 20 energy per tick to 1 energy per decisecond."

1 energy/decisecond = 10 energy/second

But it should smooth and constant not in jumps and that's what he's trying to point out here.

0 0

odes
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 19-06-2016 19:30)

Votes: 79

Post Posted: 12-08-2013, 17:26:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

So basically what you're saying is, *i dont like my energy bar updating in chunks once in a while, i want it to update 5 times per second because....insert random reason here?

If it has some serious effect on gameplay, ok, otherwise its just a cosmetic spoil. Yes i know official servers had it that way past 3.0.3, and no i dont think its important as long as it doesnt affect rogue gameplay, as a matter of fact i think it might have a server performance hit having to perform so many energy updates between client - server, i might be wrong and saying bullshit so i apologize in advance -

0 0

Flatlined

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-12-2014 11:58)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 12-08-2013, 17:54:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

odes wrote:
So basically what you're saying is, *i dont like my energy bar updating in chunks once in a while, i want it to update 5 times per second because....insert random reason here?

If it has some serious effect on gameplay, ok, otherwise its just a cosmetic spoil. Yes i know official servers had it that way past 3.0.3, and no i dont think its important as long as it doesnt affect rogue gameplay, as a matter of fact i think it might have a server performance hit having to perform so many energy updates between client - server, i might be wrong and saying bullshit so i apologize in advance -

Apology not accepted. You see, you have not a single clue how energy regen works and yet you post here anyway insinuating it's a minor cosmetic spoil. Now listen here you nimrod, I'll give you an example so even you can understand.

Assuming default energy regen rates (this means no haste on cata rogues)

TBC Rogue:

Rogue has 100 energy, he uses sinister strike (SS) (costs 40 energy)

SS+SS = 80 energy, he's now at 20 energy, 20/100, between those SS he gets a tick 20 energy resulting in a total of 40, he uses SS, 0/100, waits for a tick, 20/100 (he'd like to use Slice and Dice here, but he can't because it's 25 energy, waits for another tick), 40/100 - enough for one more SS or SnD or Evis.
Wrath/Cata Rogue:

SS+SS = 80 energy, he's now at 20 energy BUT WAIT it starts regening, 1 energy every 0.1 seconds, so - 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 (BAM! he can use SnD if he wanted to), 26, 27 etc.

Because of the way energy regens it gives rogues a totally different playstyle, so it's not just cosmetic.

0 0

bordy

[Mentally unStable]

(since 24-06-2017 15:28)

Votes: 22

Post Posted: 12-08-2013, 18:03:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

odes wrote:
i think it might have a server performance hit having to perform so many energy updates between client - server, i might be wrong and saying bullshit so i apologize in advance -

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

0 0

odes
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 19-06-2016 19:30)

Votes: 79

Post Posted: 13-08-2013, 12:48:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Lol frikkin butthurt rogues and their emo attitudes...i did apologize in advance if i said crap, and this useless textwall:

Flatlined wrote:
Apology not accepted. You see, you have not a single clue how energy regen works and yet you post here anyway insinuating it's a minor cosmetic spoil. Now listen here you nimrod, I'll give you an example so even you can understand.

TBC Rogue:

SS+SS = 80 energy, he's now at 20 energy, 20/100, between those SS he gets a tick 20 energy resulting in a total of 40, he uses SS, 0/100, waits for a tick, 20/100 (he'd like to use Slice and Dice here, but he can't because it's 25 energy, waits for another tick), 40/100 - enough for one more SS or SnD or Evis.
Wrath/Cata Rogue:

SS+SS = 80 energy, he's now at 20 energy BUT WAIT it starts regening, 1 energy every 0.1 seconds, so - 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 (BAM! he can use SnD if he wanted to), 26, 27 etc.

Would have been the same as: *Because of the way energy regens it gives rogues a totally different playstyle, so it's not just cosmetic.* or a simple *its not just cosmetic, it also affects gameplay*.
Frikkin moody frustrated manchildren.

0 0

Scott

[Maniac]

(since 03-04-2023 21:32)

Votes: 59

Post Posted: 13-08-2013, 15:30:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You must excuse odes he suffers from monobrow syndrome...
0 0

Archangel Ady

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 14-08-2013, 17:54:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

odes wrote:
Lol frikkin butthurt rogues and their emo attitudes...i did apologize in advance if i said crap, and this useless textwall:

Flatlined wrote:

TBC Rogue:

Wrath/Cata Rogue:

Would have been the same as: *Because of the way energy regens it gives rogues a totally different playstyle, so it's not just cosmetic.* or a simple *its not just cosmetic, it also affects gameplay*.
Frikkin moody frustrated manchildren.

You have no idea of how much energy we lose because of the current wow freakz formula.

0 0

Rageless
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 27-01-2022 16:06)

Votes: 255

Post Posted: 04-11-2013, 18:03:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

boscodeala wrote:

So .. works fine now ?

@ boscodel

Also, test it who want and know about Energy Regen.

0 0

boscodeala

[MEGA Gras ]

(since 10-12-2016 07:57)

Votes: 35

Post Posted: 05-11-2013, 19:57:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Rage. wrote:
boscodeala wrote:

So .. works fine now ?

@ boscodel

Also, test it who want and know about Energy Regen.

In my opinion it's NAB, you have to take many factors into consideration, such as: Server lag, addons that may cause delay, fps drops, talents not working properly (I hope that the author knows about Relentless Strikes) and many other causes. Moreover, like I said in my previous comment the energy regeneration formula is perfectly calculated and I also encountered sudden bursts of energy on Blizz.

Rogue PVE All Spec Guide For 5.4.8

0 0

nero

[hectic]

(since 08-12-2022 15:26)

Votes: 71

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 18-11-2013, 11:09:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

From what i tested energy regeneration works just fine , albeit with the minor problems/discrepancies which Boscodel pointed out .

Archangel Ady or Flatlined , could you kindly provide us with a video from a raid/dummy environment so we can see the clear difference of your claims ? Something along the line of Freakz vs. Blizz so it can be easier to confirm/reject .

" you are "

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by nerolol, 20 November 2013 10:00

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

The time now is 01-10-2024, 18:45:23
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x