User
Pass
2FA

Rogue Spec for PvE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message1705
Protozz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-08-2019 19:07)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 19-02-2019, 01:56:30 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi, i'm a total beginner on Rogues so i'm asking u guys what spec to choose for 7.2.5?
In overall situations, M+, Raiding, Mobillity etc etc. What spec outperforms the other and why?
-

0 0

Stimulation

[Inner Voice]

(since 21-05-2023 08:36)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 19-02-2019, 10:21:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello, Protozz. Basically all three Rogue specs are built around mobility and high burst damage, while having a good amount of defensive cooldowns. In the previous patch, Assassination was the favourite choice among Rogues due to Agonizing Poison and the way it worked with bleeds, and Draught of Souls, but in 7.2.5, Draught got nerfed, and Agonizing Poison got replaced by Toxic Blade, making it less-effective overall. If you like it, you can still pull good DPS from it, but mostly at end-level gear.
Outlaw doesn't have that much of a difference with the previous patch, and it is still a decent DPS puller with the right gear and proper play. You can even find it easier than the other two specs.
Subtlety is where Rogues find a new path. It gets a lot of changes in the new patch. While it was mainly a PvP spec in 7.1.5, here it gets buffed, BY A TON. It's even at the top of DPS charts overall, not only Rogue specs. It needs a bit of practice to learn how to play it, but definitely when you get the hang of it and the proper gear, you will be amazed by the numbers.
I hope I've shed some light on your issue. I main a Rogue myself, Subtlety mostly. But I switch to all three once in awhile because of the diversity and the joy of Rogues.

Greetings,
Stimulation

Greetings,
Stimulation
Former WoW Freakz Game Master
Make sure to join our Discord server as well!

Legion Heirlooms Guide
0 0

scyleri

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-02-2022 01:42)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 19-02-2019, 10:28:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

sub for single target and outlaw for aoe, play which one you like the most
0 0

Protozz

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 19-02-2019, 16:14:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Stimulation wrote:
Hello, Protozz. Basically all three Rogue specs are built around mobility and high burst damage, while having a good amount of defensive cooldowns. In the previous patch, Assassination was the favourite choice among Rogues due to Agonizing Poison and the way it worked with bleeds, and Draught of Souls, but in 7.2.5, Draught got nerfed, and Agonizing Poison got replaced by Toxic Blade, making it less-effective overall. If you like it, you can still pull good DPS from it, but mostly at end-level gear.
Outlaw doesn't have that much of a difference with the previous patch, and it is still a decent DPS puller with the right gear and proper play. You can even find it easier than the other two specs.
Subtlety is where Rogues find a new path. It gets a lot of changes in the new patch. While it was mainly a PvP spec in 7.1.5, here it gets buffed, BY A TON. It's even at the top of DPS charts overall, not only Rogue specs. It needs a bit of practice to learn how to play it, but definitely when you get the hang of it and the proper gear, you will be amazed by the numbers.
I hope I've shed some light on your issue. I main a Rogue myself, Subtlety mostly. But I switch to all three once in awhile because of the diversity and the joy of Rogues.

Greetings,
Stimulation

Thank you for all the information! I’ll stick to Sub rogue -

0 0

Protozz

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 20-02-2019, 02:15:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Stimulation wrote:

Greetings,
Stimulation

But is Assassination unplayable or is it still good enough? Now what i'm really asking is is it still a good DPS spec? Or is the DPS to low to be used in m+ or Raids?
I do find it more my playstyle with DOTS but i don't want to play it if the other specs are perfomring waaay better.

0 0

Stimulation

[Inner Voice]

Post Posted: 20-02-2019, 09:24:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Well to be honest it still does decent amounts of DPS, although not as high as the other 2 specs.
For example I've pulled a stable 1m as Assassination, with around 1,6m burst. As for Subtlety, I've done 1,3m stable and 2,09m burst. So if you compare it to Sub, you might conclude that it is trash, but by itself, it is still a viable spec. (I'm at 933 ilvl with BiS Assassination legendaries, and 1/2 Sub legendaries)

Greetings,
Stimulation

Greetings,
Stimulation

Legion Heirlooms Guide
0 0

Protozz

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 20-02-2019, 13:12:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hmm.very well - However, do you have any guide i can follow or screenshots yourself for the talent tree for sub rogue PvE?
0 0

Stimulation

[Inner Voice]

Post Posted: 21-02-2019, 10:03:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I will send you a nice guide that I myself follow for tips, and it works fine for me.

Greetings,
Stimulation

Greetings,
Stimulation

Legion Heirlooms Guide
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 28-03-2024, 18:55:11
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x