User
Pass
2FA

Torrent download speed slow

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message1754
Skorpolito

[Mentally Stable]

(since 25-09-2020 10:56)

Post Posted: 27-01-2019, 19:07:33 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

As the title suggests, downloading the game torrent is really slow for me.
I saw that some other people have had this problem during earlier expansions. But that was years ago, so not sure of the relevance.
My connection is fine, i currently have an average speed of 80MB/s, but the download in my torrent client is rarely exceeding 300-400 kB/s.
I've tried 3 different torrent clients but the problem persists. I also tried downloading other stuff with the same client getting over 3MB/s.
Is this a common issue? Is it temporary? Is it because there is not enough sources to download from?

Help would be appreciated. :)

Update @ 27-01-2019, 19:07:33

Skorpolito wrote:
As the title suggests, downloading the game torrent is really slow for me.
I saw that some other people have had this problem during earlier expansions. But that was years ago, so not sure of the relevance.
My connection is fine, i currently have an average speed of 80MB/s, but the download in my torrent client is rarely exceeding 300-400 kB/s.
I've tried 3 different torrent clients but the problem persists. I also tried downloading other stuff with the same client getting over 3MB/s.
Is this a common issue? Is it temporary? Is it because there is not enough sources to download from?

Help would be appreciated. -

I forgot to mention, I'm currently on a wired connection to my router, because I experienced it being more stable than my old 2GHz Wi-Fi.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 6 days ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 27-01-2019, 19:17:47 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello Skorpolito,

The issue is indeed caused by there not being enough seeders (sources as you call them) compared to people downloading. There are also many leechers, who set their download speed to maximum but don't seed the files themselves.
There's not much you can do about this, other than to hope that some more people will seed the client.

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

Skorpolito

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 27-01-2019, 19:35:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Oh okay, well that's reassuring to know.
Thanks for your reply Sarah, I hope it'll get better soon then. Fingers crossed!

0 0

Skorpolito

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 27-01-2019, 21:48:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hmm, on the other hand, it does say there are 1360 seeds though.
Makes you think the speed should've been higher, no? Thinking

0 0

HM9cPhABFctJ

[Mentally Stable]

(since 29-01-2019 16:17)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 27-01-2019, 22:06:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

There is something else going on entirely actually. I re-downloaded it myself earlier today and experienced no such issue. There definitely is no trouble with the number of seeds, it is fine.

Normally I would have assumed your ISP throttling Torrent traffic (yes, they can do that) but given the fact you mentioned other Torrents downloading fine at good speeds, that obviously is not the case. Can I ask, which client are you using? It could be a problem with the client and with its configuration.

Have you tried simply disabling/pausing all other Torrents? It could be that you're running into TCP/IP restrictions within Windows, assuming you're using Windows of course. Particularly in recent versions of Windows there are really hard limits on the number of half-open connections it will allow you to make.

0 0

Skorpolito

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 27-01-2019, 23:04:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

As mentioned in the original post, I've tried 3 different clients. I'm currently using Bittorrent, but I have also tried uTorrent and qbittorrent.
And as of right now, WoW is the only download going on.
I have noticed that the speed goes up and down since my last reply though, it can go up to as high as 3MB/s, but without staying there for very long, it drops down to under 1MB/s again. This ofcourse provides alot of false hope. x)
Perhaps it's just my connection having a sub-par quality. -

0 0

SAMJOSEPH

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-10-2019 13:59)

Post Posted: 07-05-2019, 14:26:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

hey, thanks for the responses..i was also looking for the same and it was helpful for me.To get help for your problems, use Router Login .It really helped me a lot!
best regards!!!

Last edited by SAMJOSEPH on 09-10-2019, 15:59:30; edited 1 time in total
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 06-05-2024, 18:50:55
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x