User
Pass
2FA

[WARDEN] Hacks/client modifications detected

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message1952
BloodyRulz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-12-2018 17:25)

Post Posted: 21-12-2018, 22:33:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

My daughter suddenly got a ban while playing today. Then I logged in on my PC and my account and I also got a ban immediately.
We never used a hack or anything like that.
Please let me know what the problem is.

Code:

You have been banned by Starana for 1 day (until Saturday, December 22 2018, 21:51)
Remaining: 23 hours, 49 minutes, 53 seconds
Reason: [WARDEN] Hacks/client modifications detected

With my daughter the game crashed the last days very often, maybe these were the signs for a hack.

Accounts:
- BloodyFlower
- BloodyRulz

Thank you. I'll take care of it.
Excuse my English, I don't know if German is also possible.

0 0

tulusshoptelu

[Mentally Stable]

(since 31-03-2020 11:36)

Post Posted: 22-12-2018, 04:06:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

you'll never get unbanned for that. probably inside your daughter's folder there is something "modified" or not meet freakz standard, that's why the Warden ban you immidiately for 24 hours, if you still insist it will increasae the ban duration. because you're using the same network as your daughter, you'll get ban too on your PC
0 0

BloodyRulz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-12-2018 17:25)

Post Posted: 22-12-2018, 19:25:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I don't understand that, we haven't changed anything for months and suddenly something should not fit anymore?!
Anyway

0 0

JustMeTBH

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-01-2019 16:35)

Post Posted: 23-12-2018, 10:31:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Something you could try doing is reinstalling the WoW-Freakz files and see if that clears anything up. Maybe you accidentally moved a folder into there without knowing or with an accidental click.

I hope everything turns out okay, and I hope to see you back!

- I'll be your shining light in the darkest of nights.
0 0

Spellweaver

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-05-2021 16:33)

Post Posted: 31-12-2018, 01:12:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I had the same problem. I had the 7.1.5 client working flawlessly over the last 5 months and I had no problems at all. Then the new patch hit and I had to update my client. I read the instructions, downloaded the new launcher and started launcher_freakz-64.exe. Oh I also updated all my addons to be compatible with 7.2.5 from the Freakz site. I logged in, chose my trusty blood DK and proceeded to log in the game. Now, I have like 70 addons so it took the game a while to load.

After I appeared in my Dalaran resting place I saw in my chat the system message that my client was modified and I was banned for tampering. Imagine my surprise. The client was working flawlessly before that, and now it accused me of tampering with the game after I inserted only the new launcher in the game folder? So I thought maybe some of the new addons were bad, so I deleted the Interface and WTF folders to delete all traces of addons and loaded the game again. Since my first account was banned I tried to login my second one, where my professions alts are. I was disconnected at the character selection screen. When I opened the freakz site it said my second account was banned for 24h for tampering and client modifications. And now my both accounts were banned for 24 hours and I had no idea how to fix this.

Time for desperate measures, I deleted my whole WoW folder and downloaded the 7.2.5 client from the torrent file Wow-Freakz provided in installation instructions. Now I had clean WoW installation, I downloaded the freakz launcher again and pasted it into the WoW folder. Now with everything bright shiny new nothing can't go wrong right? Wrong, I logged my DK and again I got the message about tampered client and I was disconnected. Thankfully the ban was only 24 hours again. I read all I could find on such topics in the forums and found no solution for me.

While I was reading the discussions about the WARDEN system on Freakz, I understood that the anti-tampering script is checking Wow.exe and WoW-64.exe. And following this line of thought if I'm using the clean installation from the torrent, then the only new items in the folder that may trigger the WARDEN are the items from the freakz launcher. Then I re-checked the torrent, and I made sure I had only the original files in the WoW folder, then extracted all launcher files in the folder except wow.exe and wow-64.exe. Yes, I did not extract those two files and decided to try to login with the "default" wow.exe and wow-64.exe.

For added security I decided to switch to my SSD windows instalation wchich was very recent so if anything malicious was tampering with the files it stayed in the old windows isntallation.

So I booted up my windows 7 from the SSD and started the game without any addons. And it worked. I hanged around for 10 minutes in the game without being banned again.

I don't know what was being the problem. Was it some problem with Freakz's launcher exe's? Some malicious program injecting code on my old windows isntallation? I have no idea. I made this answer to help people who get banned for no guilt on their part by the WARDEN system. I am not complaining about my bans, I love the Freakz community and I know sometimes there are hiccups with the technology so people who did not modify their client can be banned by the automated system. I don't dare to try to log from my old windows installation again to confirm if it was a OS problem or a file problem because my next ban could be a whole lot longer.

TLDR: Use the "default" wow.exe and wow-64.exe, not the ones posted in the launcher archive. Also you can try to reinstall windows to get rid of any potential malicious software (viruses, trojans, etc.)

Thank you for your time, I hope I helped somebody who like me wanted to play the game, but had to eat a tampering ban when using the same client that worked for the last 5 months. Also I would love the devs or a mod to check if the problem does not indeed lie in the EXEs that are shipped with the launcher - wow.exe and wow-64.exe. As I said, I don't dare to log in again from my old OS to confirm what was the problem - virus or faulty exes that are faulty in the archive.

0 0

bittersweet

[Mad WoW Advisor]

(since 19-01-2019 12:29)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 31-12-2018, 13:45:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi,

The problem occurs only if .exe has been injected.

If you're sure you did not use a third-party program, try following these steps:
1. Make sure you dont have suspicious files in the client, your client may include for example: keylogger, malware, etc..
2. Try to delete third-party programs from other games that could anticheat detect ingame.
2. Delete the Cache folder.
3. Clean your computer with Antivirus (ex. Malwarebytes)
4. Reinstall the launcher and enable it in Firewall.

5.)) If you've downloaded the full client, try checking files using Torrent.

0 0

Hgar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-01-2020 11:58)

Post Posted: 01-01-2019, 15:24:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Same problem occured with me, only the ban was for 60 days and not 24 hours. Computer was nice and clean (I've got Malwarebytes on my computer, running it almost 2 times a week). I am not quite sure what has happened.
0 0

Asrah
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 30-01-2019 02:37)

Post Posted: 06-01-2019, 00:21:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hgar wrote:
Same problem occured with me, only the ban was for 60 days and not 24 hours. Computer was nice and clean (I've got Malwarebytes on my computer, running it almost 2 times a week). I am not quite sure what has happened.

I bet the launcher triggered the Warden anti cheat. Launcher does an injection into the client. That's how you get the popup text notifications for stuff like updated interface files. But hey, why would they take responsibility for their screw up when they can blame you for it? Let's be honest, people didn't start using hacks for the first time upon patch release, your launcher was borked, or the client you offered was borked.

0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 19-04-2024, 19:45:02
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x