User
Pass
2FA

The Lag...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message1182
CelticFrost

[Mentally Stable]

(since 29-07-2014 14:16)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 31-01-2012, 02:32:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I've been playing on this server since Cata was released, we came as a whole guild from another server because Freakz had a very good reputation when Wrath of the Lich King was out.

We played on the romanian realm Genesys, and it was fine. Then, Exodus came to live, and we moved here, because it was good for the guild to overcome the language barrier.

Now, I can say, after a long time here, (since August), that half of the guild is having serious lag problems.
Players who live in Romania, or nearby countries are usually fine. But players from distant countries have a really bad time, trying to do raids, (we are a PvE guild, so it's quite the biggest concern now).

Let me be specific, on our guild, players from Asia, and Southamerica, are seriously handicapped. Good players, with good gamestyle, being limited with the lag.

In the beginning, i thought the problem was only on Valiona, on Deep Breath transition phase. Then Chimaeron was available, and it was laggie too (Exodus worst then Genesys), but the fight was easy somehow, so it wasn't that bad. Now Maloriak lags a lot too, bad for tanks, bad for healers, bad for dps, just bad.

And, in the last days, the problem got even worser. Now, all the guild is having lag, on those fights i mentioned, even bulgarian and romanian players get freezed for several seconds (i get 2k ms, some guys worst).

This is specially bad on peak moments of the day, when most players are online. Is funnie to see 321 MS, just standing alone, out of combat. Just by reading global chat, i see that many players are complaining about this.

Ok, my conclusion is this, either 1) the problem is temporary, and it will get fixed, not only the general lag but also the feedback to southamerican and asian players; or 2) the problem has no solution.

In that case, a big part of the guild (mostly the older core, players with 2 years on this guild) will be unable to play. Sadly, most of us will have to stop playing here. I say sadly, because i honestly like it in here.

PS: i didn't found the right place to make this post, so i did it here. I hope i can get an answer from the GM's, developers, or Shocker.

Regards and best wishes.

(Ejusdem Generis Guild)

Last edited by CelticFrost on 31-01-2012, 16:43:14; edited 1 time in total
0 0

hetealx

[The Conquistador]

(since 26-08-2013 15:50)

Votes: 13

Post Posted: 31-01-2012, 08:12:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It depends on the internet provider in your country, but I don't know how much depends on our ISP or the server...
But, too bad -. Maybe Shocker will know exactly what to do, he encountered this problem many times with foreign players outside Romania

Care m-ajuta si pe mine cu o lucrare de atestat?
"May the Legend of HUGE live forever and may the heroes of HUGE be hailed as champions of the Freakz Server."
Pretiosu, 122 cu 27
0 0

raxxar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 26-11-2015 11:03)

Votes: 8

Post Posted: 31-01-2012, 12:09:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Too bad because this is the reason for our guild to wipe too much on 25 hcs . I am from Bulgaria and didn't have any problems with lag when we were on Genesis but from maybe one week i am having lag issues here like many other players. Being "freezed" for 7-8 sec is a certain death for sure. I really hope that Shokeru can do something about it cause otherwise the guild will be divided into european (lag free) and non-european ( lag like hell ) players and this will be the end for us as a guild here . Its mine main concern with this lag not that we can't kill some boss.

Thank you!

0 0

Berna

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-10-2019 19:56)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 31-01-2012, 14:43:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

i can absure you that distance is not at all the only reason you may lag. For example, if you are behind a NAT connection, you will always lag a little bit more than normal ISP. Also firewalls slow it, Wi-FI positioning etc etc, there might be hundred of reasons. For what i saw yesterday the lag was horrible but usually it's acceptable. Yes V&T on hc lags in an unusual way, but except that it's fine.

0 0

Zohlomg

[DEFIANCE]

(since 11-04-2024 09:31)

Votes: 770

Post Posted: 31-01-2012, 20:23:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The lag is mainly because we did not get to buy a new PC yet, we will ASAP. Sorry for the incovenience until then.
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Zohlomg, 31 January 2012 18:23

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 15-05-2024, 07:41:36
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x