User
Pass
2FA

How about fixing the server lag before releasing new content?
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message9124
Tau

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-05-2012 17:54)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 03-04-2012, 16:31:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

^ Title. Average DC on Exodus is once every hour or so.
0 0

Zohlomg

[DEFIANCE]

(online 5 days ago)

Votes: 770

Post Posted: 03-04-2012, 16:33:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Exodus usually has ~1d uptime, we will look into latests disconnects.
0 0

Architech
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 04-11-2013 13:20)

Votes: 24

Post Posted: 03-04-2012, 16:43:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Zohlomg wrote:
Exodus usually has ~1d uptime, we will look into latests disconnects.

Every time when i get DCed i check teh website and it looks like Exodus is online but i can't log in. So it's either you guys are faking the online status (which i doubt) or your host is *** up and it blocks people outside Romania.

My tip to you guys is either get better host or try to get some DDoS protection since this server is getting better and better and we all know which other server hate that and will do ANYTHING to take you out of their way.

GS Playlist - http://www.grooveshark.com/#!/playlist/Architech/84418068/
0 0

Zohlomg

[DEFIANCE]

(online 5 days ago)

Votes: 770

Post Posted: 03-04-2012, 18:19:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shocker will be hope in about 60-70 minutes and will look into it.

@Architech, we most certainly do not fake the uptime, no point in doing that.

0 0

spartan123

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-07-2015 12:17)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 03-04-2012, 20:13:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I didnt get DC in a loooong time.
0 0

Tinuviel

[Mentally Stable]

(since 21-04-2013 16:12)

Post Posted: 03-04-2012, 20:27:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Architech wrote:
Every time when i get DCed i check teh website and it looks like Exodus is online but i can't log in..

I can confirm this - Sometimes during "peak hours", several people from our raid - me included - gets disconnected, and cannot log back in (Stuck on "Connecting" as if the host didn't respond at all), even though we can hear each other fluently on voice communication, and it's surely not an internet issue on my side. Server is normally online during that time.

There are also severe lag problems when population is 1k+, like right now - Even though my internet reports A-OK status (ping/pingplotter to other services and connecting to other realms is ok), when I log onto the server I lag horribly and disconnect after several minutes. A few other people from my region (Poland) are confirming it as well.

(This all goes for Exodus)
Thanks in advance for checking it out.

0 0

edobear

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-01-2018 21:55)

Post Posted: 03-04-2012, 20:33:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I agree. Ingame i have 2,5k+ ms while the mtr to server in the same time shows 68 ms but 1 nod before server there is 100% ping loss. That can be cause of the difference ingame and out of the game.

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 03-04-2012, 20:59:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This is most likely due to host internet connectivity issues or simply flood from external sources (I know it may sound weird we're being flooded so often, but this is what happens when you're one of the top servers). Unfortunately, to minimalize the effect of the flood, most of the times the action taken automatically by the international internet nodes/routers is to disable external access to our hosts (that way romanian users won't be affected).
I know this may sound like a discrimination, but this is due to the fact that all our servers are hosted in Romania.
I *may* consider hosting exodus somewhere in the US or non-Romania, but then I would have problems with physical access to the server, this is something that can't be done just by snapping some fingers.

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

PvPNoob

[Mentally Stable]

(since 03-08-2012 19:16)

Post Posted: 03-04-2012, 21:13:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

There has to be another solution to this problem, right?! -

Please tell us so. We are desperate to play on Exodus without lags and dcs.

Well, at least you know non-romanian players are having problems.

0 0

Tinuviel

[Mentally Stable]

(since 21-04-2013 16:12)

Post Posted: 03-04-2012, 21:37:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thank you for response Shocker, that's pretty understandable - I know there's no real `good` solution to the flood problem.

PS.
New content: Down -

There were few visual issues with the head being un-mounted (visually), no raid warning for Pillar of Flame, and no loot in the end (Just unselectable worm, because we apparently killed him during chain phase).

But really good work overall, thanks -

- Rhapsody [Exodus]
0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 03-04-2012, 22:27:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

PvPNoob wrote:
There has to be another solution to this problem, right?! -

I am still talking/trying to talk with the host and the host is talking with the primary internet providers trying to sort this issue out. As I already said, this isn't something that can be solved that fast. Eventually it will be solved

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

edobear

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 04-04-2012, 09:51:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It is possible to work around the flood problem but not all internet and host providers are well prepared to protect their customers in proper way or do it for free. That requires skilled emplyees in administration and additional hardware dedicated to filter flooders and push though normal traffic only. Very often extra protection cost much more than usual.

I remember when my bosses side project wich is the hosting provider had more or less problems with flooding and hacking into customers machines. It took many euros to secure it properly and now every attack is cuted off at the main entrance to poland and customers are safe.

0 0

Ezeky

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-07-2013 21:10)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 04-04-2012, 10:24:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

edobear wrote:
It is possible to work around the flood problem but not all internet and host providers are well prepared to protect their customers in proper way or do it for free. That requires skilled emplyees in administration and additional hardware dedicated to filter flooders and push though normal traffic only. Very often extra protection cost much more than usual.

I remember when my bosses side project wich is the hosting provider had more or less problems with flooding and hacking into customers machines. It took many euros to secure it properly and now every attack is cuted off at the main entrance to poland and customers are safe.

Do you understand that Shokeru said just the same? they cut all external traffic out of Romania ;D your did for Poland so its a solution for sure but its not for the whole community so Shokeru wants if for everyone ofc so he looks for a different solution.

See ya
Ezeky

If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough!

Exodus Realm Alliance Guild: Ejusdem Generis
0 0

edobear

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 04-04-2012, 11:28:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sure Ezeky i understand what They said and that's the first step of securing servers. What i said was the next step that contains building infrastructure to prevent bad traffic and thats a pain in the wallet so many providers simply don't care and choose to block all incoming traffic to particular client -

0 0

Ezeky

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-07-2013 21:10)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 04-04-2012, 11:38:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

edobear wrote:
Sure Ezeky i understand what They said and that's the first step of securing servers. What i said was the next step that contains building infrastructure to prevent bad traffic and thats a pain in the wallet so many providers simply don't care and choose to block all incoming traffic to particular client -

mm ok. wel I just hope it gets solved but I don't have so much trouble with it and I'm from Belgium so,.. I dunno every hour seems a lot.

There are some more LAG spikes during evenings tho. But nothing uplayeble for me at least. Don't ask our friend in the US they are screwed pretty hard some times 4k MS is nothing fun to play with, and that has nothing to do with the server floot I guess.

See ya
Ezeky

If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough!

Exodus Realm Alliance Guild: Ejusdem Generis
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next    

The time now is 30-06-2024, 21:27:34
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x