User
Pass
2FA

Why i think that Molten is attacking the server with DDoS.
Go to page Previous  1, 2    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message4778
Zohlomg

[DEFIANCE]

(online 1 week ago)

Votes: 770

Post Posted: 10-04-2012, 23:19:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Needlegun wrote:
I dont really care whoever is flooding the server(That flooding fact is one more sign of great potential this server haz),i just want to thank Freakz staff in advance for fixing that problem.

If all people would think like you, and I do not mean only in wow, or about this certain problem, but if all people would think like you, the world would much more advanced.

0 0

Aitu

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-08-2014 19:52)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 10-04-2012, 23:25:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Needlegun wrote:
I dont really care whoever is flooding the server(That flooding fact is one more sign of great potential this server haz),i just want to thank Freakz staff in advance for fixing that problem.

+1

0 0

Firefingerz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-04-2012 18:06)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 11-04-2012, 02:27:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I hope it does get fixed...
I haven't been able to play the better part of two days and I really do not want to find another server so I am just kinda waiting around.... -

0 0

Powerman

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-10-2014 06:55)

Votes: 13

Post Posted: 11-04-2012, 03:23:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

What's weird is that DDOS attacks would often take out the entire server - however I guess it's assumed that this one only targets Exodus - since the other two realms are up.

I can't really be sure as well.

0 0

Matuscha

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-04-2012 21:47)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 11-04-2012, 07:23:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Tau wrote:
Today, we discussed in the guild about the issue with the server, and after hearing lots of stuff about how 4 of Molten WoW's major guilds are migrating here, it is a possibility that they are attacking freakz. The player counters they have also seem to be fake (Private server with 30k players, yeah right).

Suggestion: Try blocking their IP, see if it works. All i know is that it's a russian server, but might be hosted elsewere.

Again, this is just a suspicion, I may be wrong and maybe not.

ok im a game programmer and i find the possibility of an DDoS attack very highly to not be the cause. i say the major cause is the update they made and since there are also possiblities the cause could be the server engine that allows everyone to connect. im currently in school for game servers, and design. thing is DDoS is rarely going to happen. i think the update from Atramedes could be the cause. thing is when a large gaming file is re scripted it can cause harful effects to those who are on the server engine. all in all i think it was a big update with atramedes is the blame. it works on where the private servers were originated since they came from romania the cause is that the file is basically public to those in romania and everyone outside of romania cannot access the newly added file due to engine run time it cannot fully process all these accounts jumping in all at once when a new file has been added and the engine is trying to process the newly added data and so its taking time to build up players information.

as i said this is what i theorize. its a possibility so dont go taking my word. its just what i think may be the cause

0 0

Whats

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-08-2016 22:41)

Votes: 12

Post Posted: 11-04-2012, 08:02:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Matuscha wrote:
Tau wrote:
Today, we discussed in the guild about the issue with the server, and after hearing lots of stuff about how 4 of Molten WoW's major guilds are migrating here, it is a possibility that they are attacking freakz. The player counters they have also seem to be fake (Private server with 30k players, yeah right).

Suggestion: Try blocking their IP, see if it works. All i know is that it's a russian server, but might be hosted elsewere.

ok im a game programmer and i find the possibility of an DDoS attack very highly to not be the cause. i say the major cause is the update they made and since there are also possiblities the cause could be the server engine that allows everyone to connect. im currently in school for game servers, and design. thing is DDoS is rarely going to happen. i think the update from Atramedes could be the cause. thing is when a large gaming file is re scripted it can cause harful effects to those who are on the server engine. all in all i think it was a big update with atramedes is the blame. it works on where the private servers were originated since they came from romania the cause is that the file is basically public to those in romania and everyone outside of romania cannot access the newly added file due to engine run time it cannot fully process all these accounts jumping in all at once when a new file has been added and the engine is trying to process the newly added data and so its taking time to build up players information.

as i said this is what i theorize. its a possibility so dont go taking my word. its just what i think may be the cause

Nice explenation

+1
But how can that be fixed ? As you can see its not only server affected, its web site too.

0 0

Matuscha

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 11-04-2012, 08:15:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Whats wrote:
Matuscha wrote:
Tau wrote:

Nice explenation

+1
But how can that be fixed ? As you can see its not only server affected, its web site too.

how is the website affected...i can probably clear it up with the owner. uh it may not be affecting the site it might be due to the fact the site is the server host holding the servers and stuff so basically the server that is having the problem is in need of defragmenting looking for errors and such. uh god this makes my brain hurt when i get so nerdy.

well anyways the most likely cause if the site is being affected as well it could be due to the website owner or who ever did the updates with Atramedes. thing is when you dont go and scan over the files it can end up being corrupted cause problems such as server down time, unable to login, bug effect such as logging in but not accessing your account fully. the biggest issue i can think of is that when the person installed the Artamedes into the server for exodus the process of being cleared and being successfully installed there was an issue and a file may not have been added in all way so it was damaged in the uploading proccess so its causing major problems for others. some may be able to access the game fully because they may be able access the file easily due to the fact they may be closer to the person who is hosting the server.

0 0

Aitu

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-08-2014 19:52)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 11-04-2012, 08:25:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Well, as for your explanation. It is VERY unlikely that this is NOT the cause, since this was long before the update. And i think Shocker explained it somewhere else already, i quote :
Shocker wrote:
This is most likely due to host internet connectivity issues or simply flood from external sources (I know it may sound weird we're being flooded so often, but this is what happens when you're one of the top servers). Unfortunately, to minimalize the effect of the flood, most of the times the action taken automatically by the international internet nodes/routers is to disable external access to our hosts (that way romanian users won't be affected).
I know this may sound like a discrimination, but this is due to the fact that all our servers are hosted in Romania.

this was a few days ago when the problem wasn't this big yet..

0 0

Matuscha

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 11-04-2012, 08:30:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

yes but the most activity of this happening came to be after the update. me and my friends agree with you but we also feel it can also be the update. the update prolonged the process and became an even bigger issue.
0 0

Zohlomg

[DEFIANCE]

(online 1 week ago)

Votes: 770

Post Posted: 11-04-2012, 08:42:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Let's stick to this topic http://forum.wow-freakz.com/READ-THIS-IF-YOU-CANNOT-CONNECT-t146727.html , it's hard to follow three topics at the same times.
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by LethalFactorLK, 05 April 2016 19:18

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  
Go to page Previous  1, 2    

The time now is 08-07-2024, 10:47:49
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x