User
Pass
2FA

Warlock DMG
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message5350
sekimanx

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-02-2014 23:31)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 08-06-2012, 21:03:30 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ok, here's the thing, i have , well solid gear warlock , and with procs of trinkets i have 11k+ spell power and my spells literaly are doing 5k hits (inicerate, chaosbolt) and crits are maybe 11k max in pvp, while druid in almost same gear as i am doing 10k dmg per tick of bleed. Can someone explain me this one? Warlocks are doing such a low dmg here, is it because formula for dmg is bad? Mastery maybe doesn't work?

Looking forward for your answers. Thanks

0 0

lamonna08

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-01-2023 13:43)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 08-06-2012, 21:40:30 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

druids in this patch are OP a lot so the warlock , you juts have to find where is the problem , my suggest for you is to go to youtube and check how lock suppose to crits or simply get the best DMG .

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv348/LordPsynister/enh4.jpg
0 0

STARSTRiKE

[Retired Exodus GM]

(since 14-02-2022 15:34)

Votes: 6

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 09-06-2012, 01:56:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

sekimanx wrote:
Ok, here's the thing, i have , well solid gear warlock , and with procs of trinkets i have 11k+ spell power and my spells literaly are doing 5k hits (inicerate, chaosbolt) and crits are maybe 11k max in pvp, while druid in almost same gear as i am doing 10k dmg per tick of bleed. Can someone explain me this one? Warlocks are doing such a low dmg here, is it because formula for dmg is bad? Mastery maybe doesn't work?

i don't remember the exact name of the warlock but he was specialized in Destruction and i remember his top 3 damaging attacks:

1. Incinerate from 20k to 40k hits
2. Immolate 13k max tick
3. Conflagrate 70k crit or so

this warlock beat everyone at dps in a baradin hold that i joined today, i was on my arms warrior, did 20k dps(3rd place on the chart). The warlock was first on DPS with 21k in a 25 man group.

All i'm saying is that Warlocks do amazing damage, the reason why players in general thing they do low damage is because they are used to the WOTLK rotation/stats.

So, find the right talent build, the right stats priority and the proper rotation. Warlocks have potential to be the first dps on the chart, you just have to know how to reach that potential.

0 0

HamFrozenSolid

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-11-2012 18:44)

Post Posted: 09-06-2012, 06:02:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

STARSTRiKE wrote:
Warlocks have potential to be the first dps on the chart
This was never true at any point during Cataclysm. The only "potential" they have is if those who should be doing more damage than them are less geared/less competent.

Plus this guy was talking about PvP, where resilience and other damage mitigating effects could easily gimp his damage considerably.

0 0

Berna

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-10-2019 19:56)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 09-06-2012, 08:20:47 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

STARSTRiKE wrote:
sekimanx wrote:

i don't remember the exact name of the warlock but he was specialized in Destruction and i remember his top 3 damaging attacks:

1. Incinerate from 20k to 40k hits
2. Immolate 13k max tick
3. Conflagrate 70k crit or so

this warlock beat everyone at dps in a baradin hold that i joined today, i was on my arms warrior, did 20k dps(3rd place on the chart). The warlock was first on DPS with 21k in a 25 man group.

All i'm saying is that Warlocks do amazing damage, the reason why players in general thing they do low damage is because they are used to the WOTLK rotation/stats.

So, find the right talent build, the right stats priority and the proper rotation. Warlocks have potential to be the first dps on the chart, you just have to know how to reach that potential.

Look, in my opinion warlocks are fixed (at least Destro and Demo trees) but no, that raid had obviously low dps average since warriors can pass 25k even blind (arms or fury doesnt matter) and many other classes (including enh shamans for example) too. This is why locks are probably the most gear dependant class of the game so its not easy to pull much dps at the beginning. But in my opinion with the right rotation they still can so some good damage (for example many locks are reforging mastery while actually i think it's a good stat for them).

0 0

Needlegun
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 02-09-2013 09:29)

Votes: 20

Post Posted: 09-06-2012, 09:29:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Warlocks dps is fine,u can do up to 100k as demo in aoe situations (whelps on haifus),26k on magmaw,lik21 k on valiona,19-20k on omno etc....

if u want to improve ur dps as warlock,i suggest you to multidot targets anytime ts possible (u can put dots on both valiona and thealion,or u can keep dots on 2 golems during omnotron encounter etc etc).

And if we talk about pvp,destro sucks,unless u play with frost mage,but almost anything works with frost mage in 2s.play affliction

0 0

Berna

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 09-06-2012, 09:34:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

dont keep dots on 2 golems on ODS unless you wanna wipe.

0 0

Needlegun
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 02-09-2013 09:29)

Votes: 20

Post Posted: 09-06-2012, 09:42:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

you can keep dots on 2 golems when shield fades.shield lasts only 15 sec or so.At 50 energy dots fade,then shield appears,after it fades you can put dots on this golem
0 0

Berna

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 09-06-2012, 10:05:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

yes but, imho, if you focus your attention on the shields you will lose some dps.

0 0

sekimanx

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-02-2014 23:31)

Post Posted: 09-06-2012, 10:06:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Look, i don't wanna be rude, but i'm playing lock since TBC , and im not really pve player, sometimes i do raids, but i mostly pvp, and i really dont need suggestions bout playing. I was asking bout dmg, yesterday i dueled druid who is aproximately like my gear, and i was barely doing 5k dmg with inicerate on him and 11k crit maybe, with 11k+ spell power when my trinkets proc, and he was easily doing 10k dmg per tick of some bleed on me... and i was wondering why do i do such a low dmg
0 0

Architech
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 04-11-2013 13:20)

Votes: 24

Post Posted: 09-06-2012, 14:21:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

sekimanx wrote:
Look, i don't wanna be rude, but i'm playing lock since TBC , and im not really pve player, sometimes i do raids, but i mostly pvp, and i really dont need suggestions bout playing. I was asking bout dmg, yesterday i dueled druid who is aproximately like my gear, and i was barely doing 5k dmg with inicerate on him and 11k crit maybe, with 11k+ spell power when my trinkets proc, and he was easily doing 10k dmg per tick of some bleed on me... and i was wondering why do i do such a low dmg

He probably had his https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=22812 (wowhead link) buff up so you did low damage on him, or you have low spell penetration.

GS Playlist - http://www.grooveshark.com/#!/playlist/Architech/84418068/
0 0

HamFrozenSolid

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 09-06-2012, 18:27:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Architech wrote:
sekimanx wrote:

He probably had his https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=22812 (wowhead link) buff up so you did low damage on him, or you have low spell penetration.

Barkskin - 20% Damage Reduction for 12sec.
Survival Instincts - 50% Damage Reduction for 12sec.
If he's talented into Natural Reaction that's a flat 18% damage reduction any time he goes Bear.
Perseverance gives another 6% spell damage reduction.
Plus any and all resilience he has.

And as has been said, Feral Druids are a bit OP in this patch. On the plus side, Berserk no longer makes them immune to Fear. Ferals were easily one of the most PITA classes whenever I PvP'd as Destro in WotLK.

0 0

Architech
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 04-11-2013 13:20)

Votes: 24

Post Posted: 09-06-2012, 18:41:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

HamFrozenSolid wrote:
Architech wrote:
sekimanx wrote:

If he's talented into Natural Reaction that's a flat 18% damage reduction any time he goes Bear.

And as has been said, Feral Druids are a bit OP in this patch. On the plus side, Berserk no longer makes them immune to Fear. Ferals were easily one of the most PITA classes whenever I PvP'd as Destro in WotLK.

Yeah, don't forget the https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=22842 (wowhead link) . Druids are the most impossible to kill, class -

GS Playlist - http://www.grooveshark.com/#!/playlist/Architech/84418068/
0 0

HamFrozenSolid

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 09-06-2012, 19:29:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Architech wrote:
HamFrozenSolid wrote:
Architech wrote:
sekimanx wrote:

Yeah, don't forget the https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=22842 (wowhead link) . Druids are the most impossible to kill, class -
Well yeah, but Frenzied Regen wouldn't lower damage done.
Also, in a perfect world, Frenzied Regen can be countered with kiting/CC and not doing any unnecessary damage to him until its over. -

0 0

koxology

[Swagetti Yoloneeze]

(since 19-11-2013 19:40)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 09-06-2012, 20:08:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Destro warlocks are pretty pathetic in PVP in cataclysm. Compared to their low defense, they deal terrrible damage on a PVP geared target (not even talking about resil stacking players). If you wanna play lock in cata to get a high rating you must play affliction. It's like a shadowpriest with a tankyness of a restoshaman. Srsly. If you wanna play demo, then do only bgs, try to pick out the ppl with the lowest gear, because on everything above 3k resil you will do pathetic DMG.

I'd say keep playing demo if you like it and you play it for the fun, but don't expect killing some1 noob because he may rape you because only of his class, however playing like this may be a good practice for playing destrolock in pandaria.

ps.: this is the main reason why drakedog stopped making breath-taking videos. If you can't do something awesome like pwning ppl 3v1 or 2v1, it's not worth recording.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

The time now is 28-06-2024, 22:12:32
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x