User
Pass
2FA

About the new test realm
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message4040
rubenis11

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-02-2020 07:59)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 26-11-2012, 19:40:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Since the Test Realm for 4.3.4 is alive a lot of people get excited about the new content.As everybody,i was excited too.I log onto my acc , made a new char and what do i see.1st lvl char....Are you nuts.Isn't test realm made to remove the bugs and fix content.Do you think that someone do care about leveling if they cant have working spells,proper dmg calculations and other things...Pls make instant 85 lvl with all items available so we can a lot easily test new contect and find bugs.Pls do it.The faster the better.
0 0

fayewel

[Mentally Stable]

(since 15-08-2014 11:21)

Votes: 8

Post Posted: 26-11-2012, 19:58:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

rubenis11 wrote:
Since the Test Realm for 4.3.4 is alive a lot of people get excited about the new content.As everybody,i was excited too.I log onto my acc , made a new char and what do i see.1st lvl char....Are you nuts.Isn't test realm made to remove the bugs and fix content.Do you think that someone do care about leveling if they cant have working spells,proper dmg calculations and other things...Pls make instant 85 lvl with all items available so we can a lot easily test new contect and find bugs.Pls do it.The faster the better.

why instant 85?.....srsly they need fix low lvl content too...

0 0

Inanis

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-10-2013 13:35)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 26-11-2012, 20:39:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

you get all your skill at lvl 83/85 .. so yeh insta lvl 85 makes sense.

after most the new content is for end game lvls .. is it not?

also it would encorage more people to get into the test realm

0 0

kristian2000

[Mentally Stable]

(since 21-02-2017 14:41)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 26-11-2012, 21:01:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Even i got off the test realm because of the leveling. I was quite excited that it would be the ptr like on retail. However, they have a point in making it leveling. By doing it that way they can fix broken quests and so on.

I do still think it should be an instant 85 OR 80. And start with a decent pve or pvp gear to test both dungeons/raids and battlegrounds/arenas. This is my personal opinion.

0 0

CelticFrost

[Mentally Stable]

(since 29-07-2014 14:16)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 26-11-2012, 21:10:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You don't know if things that were working on the 4.0.6.a realms are working on this 4.3.4 testing realm. You don't even know if they are using the same emulator. There are actually a lot of things we do not know, since we are not part of the developer staff.
However, worry not, there are many more helpful players that will still test it for you.

0 0

Aitu

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-08-2014 19:52)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 26-11-2012, 23:51:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

low level stuff has to get tested because if new people come here they except to level up as it should be, and if the leveling part sucks already, well guess what happens...not in all cases though.

<Guildmaster of Eminence>
http://eminence-fw.shivtr.com/

0 0

Powerman

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-10-2014 06:55)

Votes: 13

Post Posted: 27-11-2012, 05:31:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

People forget a simple basic thought.

A level 85 can still do the quests of a level 1, or level 10, or level 20 character.
In fact - he can finish quests FASTER.

And all you need to do, when testing low-level quests, are:
(1) check if the quest can be done; if not, report it asap
(2) if it works, make sure your chat options (settings) show that you can see EXP reward values, and take note if your character received EXP

Simple. Fast. Efficient.

I guess that's why I scratch my head about the "We need to test everything from scratch"..
... because you DON'T have to be a Level 1, without gold, without gear - to "test from scratch".

Like I said - anyone can do that "from scratch testing" quickly - at a higher level/gear.

I think the prevailing mentality is that:
"If players are level 85, they will only do pvp or dungeons. No one will test anything."

But the thing is, not everyone is like that.

CHECK http://forum.wow-freakz.com/PTR-Suggestions-t186548.html

You can easily make an announcement about the stuff that need to get tested.
- More importantly, you can announce a "contest" of sorts - asking players to discover the most number of quest/NPC bugs and report them.
The winner gets a simple in-game item - no harm, no foul.

That way - being level 85 + having gold cap or gear vendors => EVERYONE can be easily attracted to join and test stuff.
And you will still have dedicated people who will test the content they are familiar with.
And you will still have a huge number of people making quest/npc reports (yes, even low level ones) - because of the "contest".

0 0

Inanis

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-10-2013 13:35)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 27-11-2012, 09:32:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

an actually "only do pvp or dungeons" is ok too .. since then we can check for hability bugs / pvp bugs/exploits
0 0

rubenis11

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 27-11-2012, 18:59:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

fayewel wrote:
rubenis11 wrote:

why instant 85?.....srsly they need fix low lvl content too...

Can you please re-read your sentence,pls.The 85 lvl content hasn't been fixed yet and you want to fix low lvl ones?
U MAD BRA ???

0 0

Wtfhaxx

[Creep]

(since 04-02-2015 15:42)

Votes: 10

Post Posted: 27-11-2012, 21:36:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

rubenis11 wrote:
The 85 lvl content hasn't been fixed yet and you want to fix low lvl ones?
U MAD BRA ???

Well, it would be nice if we could level up like on retail by doing dungeons/battlegrounds. Most low level dungeons are bugged to thepoint that players on required lvl to enter cannot complete it because mobs and bosses in it are simply OP.

0 0

Berna

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-10-2019 19:56)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 27-11-2012, 23:27:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

you guys have no idea how an emulator / developing platform is working. So stf.u and if you don't agree with this go raid on genesis with the pro buff.

0 0

rubenis11

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 28-11-2012, 11:18:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Wtfhaxx wrote:
rubenis11 wrote:
The 85 lvl content hasn't been fixed yet and you want to fix low lvl ones?
U MAD BRA ???

Well, it would be nice if we could level up like on retail by doing dungeons/battlegrounds. Most low level dungeons are bugged to thepoint that players on required lvl to enter cannot complete it because mobs and bosses in it are simply OP.

Are you nuts.Shocker has at least 32542354247523645237462537 more object to fix rather than low lvl dungeons and others.Stop talking shit.Nobody cares about lvl 70 or so dungeons than getting major stuff fixed.How can you have so less gray matter to think this way.There won't be any server like retail.If you like to level like on retail,buy the game,it is not expensive.I so other 3k players dont want to waste time leveling up a char since it is not interesting.After all the leveling shit you have to start collecting items,gold in order to gear up,go to raids or learn some PVP skill.Don't you want to get the Battlemaster title with your guildmates and rape good opponents in bg than "leveling a char"..make your exp 1x and go...nuff said

0 0

[Mentally Stable]

(since 13-02-2013 13:43)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 28-11-2012, 13:21:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

its bether this way.....they say it is....meh.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
0 0

fayewel

[Mentally Stable]

(since 15-08-2014 11:21)

Votes: 8

Post Posted: 28-11-2012, 13:53:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Inanis wrote:
you get all your skill at lvl 83/85 .. so yeh insta lvl 85 makes sense.

after most the new content is for end game lvls .. is it not?

also it would encorage more people to get into the test realm

but u see only spells... look at quests and lvling content too....

0 0

Wtfhaxx

[Creep]

(since 04-02-2015 15:42)

Votes: 10

Post Posted: 28-11-2012, 16:59:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

rubenis11 wrote:

Are you nuts.Shocker has at least 32542354247523645237462537 more object to fix rather than low lvl dungeons and others.Stop talking shit.Nobody cares about lvl 70 or so dungeons than getting major stuff fixed.How can you have so less gray matter to think this way.There won't be any server like retail.If you like to level like on retail,buy the game,it is not expensive.I so other 3k players dont want to waste time leveling up a char since it is not interesting.After all the leveling shit you have to start collecting items,gold in order to gear up,go to raids or learn some PVP skill.Don't you want to get the Battlemaster title with your guildmates and rape good opponents in bg than "leveling a char"..make your exp 1x and go...nuff said

Whew, where's all that frustration coming from? After reading that post of yours I kinda find it ironic that you're the one calling me nuts/that I'm talking shit.
You act like child who's bike is about to get stolen by a gipsy.

Before you answer think about it: If people will start doing dungeons/battlegrounds durning leveling phase, they will be more familiar with game mechanics and what is WoW PvE/PvP all about. In other words it would HIGHLY reduce the ammount of level 85 players that rush into the battlegrounds without a bit of skill, randomly clicking spells on their action bars or people that whine that there aren't any raids / can't get invited into a decent guild, rotting in Terminator like one (Yes, that would also eliminate such guilds).

Why to have scripted top raids/dungeons if we won't have decent players to do them with? Each medal has two sides.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

The time now is 16-05-2024, 19:30:30
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x