User
Pass
2FA

Stuff

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message1063
Xaetal

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-02-2013 17:55)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 31-01-2013, 08:02:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello, world. I have been with Freakz for about a week now and I really do not know how new players are getting to 85.

Yes, I understand that there are guides, but since the transition to 4.3.4 and reduction of the XP rate, those are more or less obsolete.

Do people actually level all the way to 85 in grays and whites and the occasional green that MIGHT be relevant to their spec?

Yeah, I know there are heirlooms and I have no problem voting for that stuff -- only problem being that the vote shop is down.

Just to paint the picture: I started an orc shaman about three days ago. You, of course, start off with 1g. Well, that's fine and dandy for a few skills, but you really don't get much on the leveling path to absolve yourself of monetary woes. I got her to 30. At that point, I had just been spamming the heck out of Lightning Bolt, since she's elemental, and hoping I kill the mob before it kills me. And through the course of leveling her to 30, I got one green suitable for her spec. But at that point, I was like, "Can I even handle level 30+ mobs with just Lightning Bolt?" I tested my luck in Southern Barrens and things were just dreadful.

I understand, though, that, at the moment, the flexible rate system is bugged. So if I were to set XP to 3x, it wouldn't matter on Exodus because kills net you 10x the XP. Well, I could understand someone wanting 10x for a full heirloom character, but for us newbies to Freakz, is there something we can do to circumvent the issues of obtaining gold and gear since we're stuck on 10x for the time being? Or just wait until Shocker can work his voodoo?

Thanks for your time in reading this blithering from a newbie to the world of Freakz.

0 0

starshard

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-03-2014 14:03)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 31-01-2013, 14:18:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello!

I guess you should have done some quests too, they give fancy rewards - (However I'm not sure how bugged they are in this new pach, I have all classes on lvl 85:D)

0 0

Xaetal

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 31-01-2013, 17:22:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Questing is all well and good, but how are you supposed to kill stuff when questing rewards don't live up to snuff as you are skyrocketing through levels?

Skill training isn't exactly cheap (for newbies). Not that I am saying to change that. Don't. But there has to be some method to the madness. I'm just not seeing it.

EDIT

That might have sounded ignorant. I know certain quests provide upgrades and an upgrade is better than nothing, but... the fact remains that the gear becomes quickly obsolete. I hope that Shocker can fix the floating rates soon. Seems more logical to do a starter character at 1x -- that way, gear doesn't degrade in value as you go through the world.

0 0

taelar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-04-2013 05:31)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 31-01-2013, 18:12:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Xaetal wrote:
Questing is all well and good, but how are you supposed to kill stuff when questing rewards don't live up to snuff as you are skyrocketing through levels?

Skill training isn't exactly cheap (for newbies). Not that I am saying to change that. Don't. But there has to be some method to the madness. I'm just not seeing it.

EDIT

That might have sounded ignorant. I know certain quests provide upgrades and an upgrade is better than nothing, but... the fact remains that the gear becomes quickly obsolete. I hope that Shocker can fix the floating rates soon. Seems more logical to do a starter character at 1x -- that way, gear doesn't degrade in value as you go through the world.

Strange even with the higher XP from the past, I never had issues with being too outgeared to handle leveling. I always quested and managed to find decent gear. One thing I should note...I've heard that leveling an Elemental shaman at the earlier levels can be quite painful and you can die quite easily. Perhaps you are attributing this to gear?

Why, I may be a Villain and I'm Back To Rule !
0 0

dzvera

[Maniac]

(since 01-01-2020 19:36)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 31-01-2013, 21:03:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Leveling is a lot easier as Enhancement Shaman. If you can't handle it as Ele, just respec to Enh during the leveling process.
0 0

Xaetal

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 31-01-2013, 23:03:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

taelar wrote:

Strange even with the higher XP from the past, I never had issues with being too outgeared to handle leveling. I always quested and managed to find decent gear. One thing I should note...I've heard that leveling an Elemental shaman at the earlier levels can be quite painful and you can die quite easily. Perhaps you are attributing this to gear?

EDIT

I'm an idiot. Excuse my misunderstanding.

Really? Even when it was 20x? Did you quest in areas that even became gray to you?

As far as I know, the XP degradation in retail is on Freakz as well -- that is to say, you hit a certain level and you only get 10% of the normal XP from a quest. I don't think that can be changed.

Maybe I should work with what I know, since I've been an Alliance player for the longest time.

And you're saying you had no trouble with training? Even for riding?

0 0

taelar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-04-2013 05:31)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 01-02-2013, 05:49:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Xaetal wrote:
taelar wrote:

EDIT

I'm an idiot. Excuse my misunderstanding.

Really? Even when it was 20x? Did you quest in areas that even became gray to you?

As far as I know, the XP degradation in retail is on Freakz as well -- that is to say, you hit a certain level and you only get 10% of the normal XP from a quest. I don't think that can be changed.

Maybe I should work with what I know, since I've been an Alliance player for the longest time.

And you're saying you had no trouble with training? Even for riding?

I've hit the Xp issues mainly in Eastern Plaguelands but other than that no real issues came up. I just grabbed a Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdom map of what area you should be for any given level and used that as a guideline. After leveling a toon or so you'll get the gist of where to go automatically and what quest to complete and it'll become easy.

I definitely had trouble with gold for training/riding. However I was lucky and I started out on alliance side with a friend who was already 85. So they gave me the gold I needed. :/ When I went horde I had already made friends through PvP and so was able to get some fast gold that way to ensure I had no issues with riding/training.

Cheers

Why, I may be a Villain and I'm Back To Rule !
0 0

Xaetal

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 01-02-2013, 06:02:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thanks for your advice. I rerolled to a human warrior. He's 10 right now. I'm thinking of doing some Westfall quests, see how far those get me, and just go zone to zone and hope the gear lets me live.

But, yeah, I think I am also going to have slight difficulty with the whole riding/training business.

Oh, well, the woes of being new. -

0 0

Incarnate

[most valuable player]

(since 21-01-2017 00:44)

Votes: 21

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 01-02-2013, 12:10:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Just follow the quests from the board in the Trade District, it will always send u in the zone for your level and when your level gets too high for there just go back to the board.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 02-10-2024, 18:23:30
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x