User
Pass
2FA

Suggestions on how to bring 3v3 to life
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other

Would you like 3v3 on WoWFreakz to be more active and see changes made to it?
Yes.
73%
 73%  [ 53 ]
No
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
I don't really care about 3v3
20%
 20%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 72

Author Message7644
Mofuu

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-04-2015 21:55)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 22-08-2013, 18:16:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I beg you for some patience as you are about to read this wall of text. I have put effort in it to write it to try and improve our Community so i just ask you to give it 5 minutes of your time to read trough it. I think it would be worth your time and could benefit us all as members of this server.

I think everyone and their grandmothers knows that 3v3 scene on Exodus is almost non-existent. In the past we were told that the Staff is working on bringing it back to life, but i think we can all agree that those efforts didn't pay out as well as expected. So I'm trying to bring this topic back on the discussion table, and with that I will try to give some of my own ideas on how we as a community and You as the Staff could help us achieve this common goal.

First off, a pattern that i noticed on most of the players that actually try to play 3v3 is a wrong mindset they have once they lose a few games. They just stand in front of the Arena Spectate NPC and try to avoid the high rated team or just stop q-ing all together. I would like to ask those of you who do that, "WHY?". You don't see a lot of people doing that in 2s, you lose a game, you Q up again, and hope you do better next time. So you lose a bit of rating, so what? Mosts of you get your Conquest Cap out of your 2s rating anyway, it would make more sense if you didn't queue up for 2s when you lose.
Instead of doing so, try to learn out of your defeat, talk with your teammates about what to improve and try to win next time. Play the game for the fun of playing, not for the rating. Anyone who has tried 3v3 must have noticed how much more exciting it is compared to 2v2, and how much more satisfying it is to do good in 3v3 then 2v2. So don't let loosing a few games stop you from enjoying, always strive for more, in life and in WoW. If we try and be a role model for others and queue, more and more teams will start doing so, and you won't be running into the same teams you're always trying to avoid, and the 3v3 scene might flourish on our Realm.
Other mindset we should try to change is judging ones skill based on his rating. 3v3 is a team effort, it does not represent one persons PvP skill, or his intellectual ability, it only shows he is capable of successfully work together with others as a team. I myself managed to achieve Gladiator rank on Exodus on my hunter, but i dueled and ran into many hunters that did not have the Title, but who blew my brains out in Arenas, Duels or DPS in PvE. But trough my dedication and team work with the other two members of our team we managed to overcome challenges that were laid in front of us and get rewarded for it with the Title.
What I see day in and day out on Exodus is people calling other people out as noobs, donors, ect. because of their Achievements, Low-High Rating, Win-Lose ratio. That needs to stop if you consider your self an adult. Show respect to everyone around you and you might get that respect back. Once people stop caring so much about their Ratings, Win-Lose ratios they might actually get encouraged to join the 3v3 queue even if they are not doing so good at the moment, for the purpose of learning and getting better.
So that would be the role of us as a community to improve and bring 3v3 to life.

Now, to try and address the Staff with some suggestions on how they could help with this goal that should be theirs as much as ours, because the more active the PvP community is, the happier they are, and nothing spreads faster then good word. PvP community was always a close knit group of people that talk one another, and that way I see a chance for the servers population to grow if the 3v3 scene grows.
I know you guys tried before to boost the 3v3 scene, and as we can all see it did't quite work out. In my humble opinion the reason is that it didn't real reward anyone but a few lucky individuals that we're already probably geared out, or lucky enough to avoid the teams they couldn't beat, or God forbid wintraded. You also did not give any real dedication to it by promoting the 3v3 scene except giving people Titles at the "end" of a season, that didn't really come at any scheduled time. So lets see how these mistakes could be fixed in an acceptable manner.

To actually get to every single PvP-er, to make him want to do 3v3, you should actually give him a reason and something to gain out of it. So here we come to my first suggestion, rewarding playing the game, not being the best in it.
One way to do this would be for example limiting the number of Conquest Points you can gain out of your weekly cap trough the 2v2 bracket. For example limiting the Conquest Point gain to 50% or 75% out of the maximum of your Weekly cap in 2v2, and only rewarding the other 50% or 25% if you win in 3v3 bracket.
Second way would be awarding honor for playing 3v3. 25 or 50 honor is not that much, but award only wining since we don't want people just queuing and then leaving the queue just to get those fast 25 honor. Or make so that leaving the game before it ends does not reward Honor.

Other way could be on a monthly basis. Why not make monthly seasons. You don't have to award Titles at the end of each season. Rewards could be for example 5 Donation Points, or Conquest point for Alt characters, or anything else, you guys can use your imagination as well. These rewards should be something that would motivate you to win again, so make it somehow that you can't get something really good out of wining the season once, but winning it twice or more could give you some really good rewards without having to pay real money for it.
Why not a season finally every 4th week of the month? Something for the whole server to watch. The top 8 teams fight for the glory and riches, while the GM or a Multimedia and Promotion team (that could be created) streams the whole Event on Twitch.tv. With thousands of viewers on Twitch.tv everyday don't you think that would get us more population as well? Having a high audience on Twitch can also bring in some Donations to the server, and Twitch sponsorships give money as well.

There is a ton of ways this could be played out, a variety of rewards that could be given out but you have got to realize that players want to get rewarded for doing things in World of Warcraft. Not many of us raid just for the sake of killing a boss, most of us do it to get the gear. We know not every run we will get a peace of gear, but we are still rewarded with Valor Points, Tokens ect. The same is with Arenas, people want something to work towards, but they all want to be rewarded for it, not just the few lucky ones that sit on the top of the hill. Trust me when i tell you, a Title is not what PvP-ers really care about, they want to get something out of it. Thats why most of them do 2v2, because they can get higher rating there and by that more Conquest Points every week.

These are just some of the suggestions. If you gave me two or three days to sit on it and think about it I could come up with a dozen more. I am sure the Community has some of their own ideas. So here I am, asking you, begging YOU, the Community to add to this, to give ideas and show support to this matter. Here I am, asking you, the Staff, to look into this matter, give us some feedback, reply on what you think of the suggestions. If i can be of any help at all i would love to, and I'm sure there are other people just like me that wouldn't mind helping this come to life.

As one last part of this post, i would like to ask You the Community to reply in the comment below what would you do to help get 3v3 started, why you do or do not play 3v3, and to vote in the poll if you would love 3v3 on Exodus to see a new system that is both rewarding and fun, and would motivate you to play 3v3 more.

Thank you for your patience, and good hunting. Mofu.

Nevinafreaklol

[Mentally Stable]

(since 21-01-2016 21:18)

Votes: 16

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 22-08-2013, 18:32:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This.... this guy deserves a medal. I cant believe how good this post is srsly, he is actualy trying more than community. And he is right about everything, we have to revive dead PVP on exodus realm, yes its almost dead in 2s also since you see high rated teams once per month. Community was saying before they will do something about 2s/3s but as he said nothing changed. Lets realy try to change something this time.
Peace

0 0

fearphoenix945

[Brutal Gladiator]

(since 31-03-2014 01:16)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 22-08-2013, 18:46:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It's sad to see some people do not even care about 3v3 . Completely supporting this! big thumbs up!

0 0

Rinsemachine

[Vicious Gladiator]

(since 27-08-2014 12:31)

Votes: 10

Post Posted: 22-08-2013, 20:39:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Dude...I was watching at you as some superficial player.With this post including all the ideas you just changed my mind Surprise.Really liked the ideas about Twitch TV.I've seen only two servers doing that...Organise a 3v3 tournament and then stream it on well known sites for streaming such as athenelive,twitch tv and hydramist.tv.The population of the stream has came to over 10000 viewers,so just imagine people spreading the stream to a friends,known players and many other...That will just increase the population in the server drastically - And also,there aren't just other servers doing that...Games such as League of Legends,DotA,HoN and many others does that just to promote their games and increase the population of it.So lets gets back to the ideas.

If YOU the staff determine to really help us,to improve the 3v3 bracket in the server,as start the best solution is to close the 2v2 bracket for a certain period of time and enable only 3v3.Also Mofu's idea about decreasing conquest points rewarded from 2v2 bracket is a perfect solution.(Just a comment)Regarding the honor rewards,i didn't really like it because i think the aim of playing 3v3 is mainly to receive titles,mounts,ALSO the most important - Buy Tier 2 weapons.I came up with an idea to add a custom vendor with reward that PvP'ers would like to have and are unobtainable anymore to be able for sale.

Examples :

1.Gladiator tabards such as : Furious gladiator,Relentless gladiator,Wrathful Gladiator.
2.Oldschool mounts such as : Ivory Raptor,Swift Razashi Raptor,Zulian Tiger and more.
(At the moment i don't have so much time and if i need to be honest,no more ideas comes up in my mind so as mofu said if you give me more time maybe i'll remember for more)

P.S. I'd like to give a suggestion regarding season titles,just to roll them every season.Since we missed 1 patch and we're still on the last one of the expansion and the season is still on and no titles were rewarded for the last season,for the upcoming season end to reward Ruthless Gladiator then Cataclysmic Gladiator and then roll the titles,(Merciless,Vengeful,Brutal,Deadly,Furious,Relentless,Wrathfull).

I've seen many suggestion just failing,but for this one i'm really looking forward ! Well done Mofu.

-Rinse.

New profile: Hawtydaboss
0 0

Icematikz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 30-10-2013 22:31)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 23-08-2013, 00:39:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Guys you're completely amazing... +1 for Rinse and Mofu.
0 0

dzvera

[Maniac]

(since 01-01-2020 19:36)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 23-08-2013, 19:25:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

you have my admirations!

0 0

beasthuntres

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-07-2018 15:12)

Votes: 37

Post Posted: 23-08-2013, 22:55:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This..Is just.. epic gj bro
0 0

razagal123

[Mentally Stable]

(since 17-10-2013 12:11)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 24-08-2013, 09:01:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Lets hope the staff reads this and actualy puts it to good use
0 0

Allan

[The Lightbringer]

(since 25-10-2018 19:59)

Post Posted: 24-08-2013, 17:37:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Nice try, but i dont think its will be realized, not only Exodus doest have 3v3, pvp on genesis dead to... After all freakz its pve server, pvp will never good here :< Cuz freakz staff dont want to improve that aspect... :/
0 0

Mofuu

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 24-08-2013, 19:00:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I doubt its that they don't want to, i think they're just not approaching it the correct way. With enough pressure from the Community and help they might do it.

Wintz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-05-2019 00:01)

Post Posted: 24-08-2013, 19:25:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

+1 bestest guy Mofu -

0 0

Allan

[The Lightbringer]

(since 25-10-2018 19:59)

Post Posted: 24-08-2013, 19:59:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Mofuu wrote:
I doubt its that they don't want to, i think they're just not approaching it the correct way. With enough pressure from the Community and help they might do it.

Yea i hope shocker will spare attention on this, well see : >

0 0

mihajlot

[Mentally Stable]

(since 15-01-2018 15:34)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 25-08-2013, 17:10:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ma tako je -
0 0

Mofuu

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 03-09-2013, 18:19:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

bump...can anyone try and bring this to staffs attention in anyway? Would really like to get a reply on this

Raster

[ACNA]

(since 02-09-2016 09:51)

Votes: 81

Post Posted: 05-09-2013, 11:09:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Quote:
[color=orange]First off, a pattern that i noticed on most of the players that actually try to play 3v3 is a wrong mindset they have once they lose a few games. They just stand in front of the Arena Spectate NPC and try to avoid the high rated team or just stop q-ing all together. I would like to ask those of you who do that, "WHY?". You don't see a lot of people doing that in 2s, you lose a game, you Q up again, and hope you do better next time. So you lose a bit of rating, so what? Mosts of you get your Conquest Cap out of your 2s rating anyway, it would make more sense if you didn't queue up for 2s when you lose.
Instead of doing so, try to learn out of your defeat, talk with your teammates about what to improve and try to win next time. Play the game for the fun of playing, not for the rating. Anyone who has tried 3v3 must have noticed how much more exciting it is compared to 2v2, and how much more satisfying it is to do good in 3v3 then 2v2. So don't let loosing a few games stop you from enjoying, always strive for more, in life and in WoW. If we try and be a role model for others and queue, more and more teams will start doing so, and you won't be running into the same teams you're always trying to avoid, and the 3v3 scene might flourish on our Realm.
Other mindset we should try to change is judging ones skill based on his rating. 3v3 is a team effort, it does not represent one persons PvP skill, or his intellectual ability, it only shows he is capable of successfully work together with others as a team. I myself managed to achieve Gladiator rank on Exodus on my hunter, but i dueled and ran into many hunters that did not have the Title, but who blew my brains out in Arenas, Duels or DPS in PvE. But trough my dedication and team work with the other two members of our team we managed to overcome challenges that were laid in front of us and get rewarded for it with the Title.
What I see day in and day out on Exodus is people calling other people out as noobs, donors, ect. because of their Achievements, Low-High Rating, Win-Lose ratio. That needs to stop if you consider your self an adult. Show respect to everyone around you and you might get that respect back. Once people stop caring so much about their Ratings, Win-Lose ratios they might actually get encouraged to join the 3v3 queue even if they are not doing so good at the moment, for the purpose of learning and getting better.
So that would be the role of us as a community to improve and bring 3v3 to life.

Imo, this is gold, I was just struck by an interesting idea, I will PM you once I get home.
Quote:

Now, to try and address the Staff with some suggestions on how they could help with this goal that should be theirs as much as ours, because the more active the PvP community is, the happier they are, and nothing spreads faster then good word. PvP community was always a close knit group of people that talk one another, and that way I see a chance for the servers population to grow if the 3v3 scene grows.
I know you guys tried before to boost the 3v3 scene, and as we can all see it did't quite work out. In my humble opinion the reason is that it didn't real reward anyone but a few lucky individuals that we're already probably geared out, or lucky enough to avoid the teams they couldn't beat, or God forbid wintraded. You also did not give any real dedication to it by promoting the 3v3 scene except giving people Titles at the "end" of a season, that didn't really come at any scheduled time. So lets see how these mistakes could be fixed in an acceptable manner.

To actually get to every single PvP-er, to make him want to do 3v3, you should actually give him a reason and something to gain out of it. So here we come to my first suggestion, rewarding playing the game, not being the best in it.
One way to do this would be for example limiting the number of Conquest Points you can gain out of your weekly cap trough the 2v2 bracket. For example limiting the Conquest Point gain to 50% or 75% out of the maximum of your Weekly cap in 2v2, and only rewarding the other 50% or 25% if you win in 3v3 bracket.
Second way would be awarding honor for playing 3v3. 25 or 50 honor is not that much, but award only wining since we don't want people just queuing and then leaving the queue just to get those fast 25 honor. Or make so that leaving the game before it ends does not reward Honor.

Other way could be on a monthly basis. Why not make monthly seasons. You don't have to award Titles at the end of each season. Rewards could be for example 5 Donation Points, or Conquest point for Alt characters, or anything else, you guys can use your imagination as well. These rewards should be something that would motivate you to win again, so make it somehow that you can't get something really good out of wining the season once, but winning it twice or more could give you some really good rewards without having to pay real money for it.
Why not a season finally every 4th week of the month? Something for the whole server to watch. The top 8 teams fight for the glory and riches, while the GM or a Multimedia and Promotion team (that could be created) streams the whole Event on Twitch.tv. With thousands of viewers on Twitch.tv everyday don't you think that would get us more population as well? Having a high audience on Twitch can also bring in some Donations to the server, and Twitch sponsorships give money as well.

There is a ton of ways this could be played out, a variety of rewards that could be given out but you have got to realize that players want to get rewarded for doing things in World of Warcraft. Not many of us raid just for the sake of killing a boss, most of us do it to get the gear. We know not every run we will get a peace of gear, but we are still rewarded with Valor Points, Tokens ect. The same is with Arenas, people want something to work towards, but they all want to be rewarded for it, not just the few lucky ones that sit on the top of the hill. Trust me when i tell you, a Title is not what PvP-ers really care about, they want to get something out of it. Thats why most of them do 2v2, because they can get higher rating there and by that more Conquest Points every week.

These are just some of the suggestions. If you gave me two or three days to sit on it and think about it I could come up with a dozen more. I am sure the Community has some of their own ideas. So here I am, asking you, begging YOU, the Community to add to this, to give ideas and show support to this matter. Here I am, asking you, the Staff, to look into this matter, give us some feedback, reply on what you think of the suggestions. If i can be of any help at all i would love to, and I'm sure there are other people just like me that wouldn't mind helping this come to life.

As one last part of this post, i would like to ask You the Community to reply in the comment below what would you do to help get 3v3 started, why you do or do not play 3v3, and to vote in the poll if you would love 3v3 on Exodus to see a new system that is both rewarding and fun, and would motivate you to play 3v3 more.

Thank you for your patience, and good hunting. Mofu.

There are some interesting ideas in this part aswell. But I need to write a let's say 'gameplan' first and talk with Shocker about some things. Maybe something will be done after this. I need to talk with you in depth aswell, I'll write you a PM when I get home and off we go.

воронья
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next    

The time now is 26-04-2024, 22:32:02
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x