User
Pass
2FA

[EN][4.3.4] Nøddcráck's Discipline Priest PvP Guide
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Cataclysm
Author Message108827
Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]

(since 04-05-2019 17:52)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 24-08-2013, 22:19:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Welcome to my Discipline Priest PvP Guide !

Shoutout to Wafty for making this amazing picture!

[WARNING]

There might be English mistakes.There might be out-dated information.Regarding 2v2 strategies,some of the written might not be correct,it is either due to old way of strategy,easy-explained or anything else!If you're not sure in the written information or if you're wondering why some of the written information you're currently looking at is THIS way,please ask in this topic!I'll explain why or either correct myself if it's outdated or if there is some mistake! -

This guide includes:
  • Enchants
  • Stats
  • Gear
  • Reforging
  • Gems
  • Macros
  • Addons
  • Talents
  • Glyphs
  • Viable 2v2 and 3v3 setups
  • Strategies
  • Positioning
  • New! Races

1.Enchants.

• Head - 60 Intelect + 35 Resilience
  • Shoulders - 50 Intelect + 25 Resilience / 25 haste
  • Chest - 40 Resilience
  • Bracer - 50 Intelect / 50 Hit rating / 65 Haste
  • Weapon - Power Torrent
  • Held in Off-hand - 40 intelect
  • Rings - 40 intelect (If you're enchanter)
  • Feet - 50 Haste rating / 50 Hit rating
  • Legs - 95 Intelect + 55 Spirit
  • Waist - Ebonsteel Belt Buckle
  • Gloves - 50 Haste

1.0 Stats

Screenshot of my current stats.

Spell Power:

• |1.0| 10900+(Tier 2 Weapon/410 Weapon)
  • |1.1| 10350+(Tier 1 Weapon/397 Weapon)
  • |1.2| 11400+ (Inner fire)

Haste:

• |1.0| 9.50%
  • |1.1| 11%+ with Spirit Battlemaster/Tsunami trinket.
  • |1.3| 13/15%+ with Heart of Unliving (999 spirit trinket)

Hit Rating:

• |1.0| 4%+

Spell Penetration:

• |1.0| 0
  • |1.1| 278+

Mana Regen:

• |1.0| 4700 mp5
  • |1.1| 4900 mp5
  • |1.2| 5000 mp5

Combat Regen:

• |1.0| 2900 - 3100 mp5

Critical Chance:

• |1.0| +/- 14%

Mastery:

• |1.0| 8.00

Armor:

• |1.0| 9900+ (Inner will)
  • |1.1| 15500+ (Inner fire,no glyph)

Resilience:

• |1.0| 4300 Resilience (PvE Trinket + 1 more PvE item (weapon,rings,offparts) Recommended when not focused in arenas,3v3 mostly.
  • |1.1| 4500-4600 (PvE trinket)
  • |1.2| 5100 (full PvP)

1.1 Gearing

I've been receiving many ingame question such as "Why don't you play with mastery Head and Legs.It is simple.In this patch haste is one of the main stats which you really need,for better global cooldown,better cast speed,etc.

I'm using 4/5 Mooncloth set and 1/5 Satin set(1-Discipline and 2-Shadow) The reasons why I and probably every or atleast most of priests are playing this way are:

-4 seconds immune to slows.
-More haste.
-More spirit.

- Haste one.

- Spirit one.You can also play with the one which gives spell penetration,it is also an option.

- Spirit one.

+ ,One-Hand + Off Hand is better than staff since you have more attack speed and is better for killing totems.

- Spirit one.

Human Race.

Three options.

1.Battlemaster + Tsunami/Eye of unliving.
2.Cataclysmic Gladiator's Badge of dominace + Tsunami/eye of unliving.
3.Battlemaster/Badge + Foul Gift of the Demon Lord.

Any different than Human including(Gnome,Dwarf,Night elf,Draenei,Blood elf,Troll,Tauren,Undead)

1.PvP trinket + tsunami.
2.PvP trinket + Eye of unliving.
3.PvP trinket + Badge.
4.PvP trinket + Battlemaster.
5.PvP trinket + Foul gift of the demon lord.

Update : I've been testing this alot of times and it is actually really helpful.Due to not scripted wow freakz spells formulas and some of the defensive stats and talents not working fully,it is really in use to play with PvP Trinket (for different races than human ofc) and spirit battlemaster.You will have a bit more spirit + more survival since you're using it... The only loss is the intelect given from Tsunami or any other trinket.

1.Spirit one.
2.Hit one.

There are two options.

1.Haste one:
-If you realise that your haste is low and your mana pool is fine for you,just try with the haste one.
2.Spirit ones.

Spirit one.
-If you're curious why i prefer spirit one not the hit,and you ask yourself why i'm using it although it gives more hit than bracers i'll explain that below in the answers.

1.2 Reforging.

Head: Untouched

Neck: Untouched

Shoulders: Untouched

Cloak: Untounched

Chest: Untouched

Bracer: Haste

1h: Haste

OH: Haste

Wand: Hit

Ring1: Untouched

Ring2: Haste

Boots: Untouched

Legs: Hit

Waist: Untouched

Gloves: Untouched

1.3 Gems.

Red: 50 Intelect

Yellow: 25 intelect + 25 resilience

Blue: 2x 50 intelect + 1x 25 intelect + 25 hit/spirit

1.4 Macros.

|1.0| Dispel Macros

1. Self dispel macro :
/cast [target=player] Dispel Magic
2. Party 1 dispel macro :
/cast [target=party1] Dispel Magic
3.Party 2 dispel macro :
/cast [target=party2] Dispel magic.
4.Focus dispel macro :
/cast [target=focus] Dispel magic.

|1.1| Mass Dispel + Power word:Barrier macros

1.Mass Dispel macro :

#showtooltip Mass Dispel
/cast !Mass Dispel

2.Power word:barrier macro:

#showtooltip Power word:barrier
/cast !Power word:barrier

|1.2| Pet macro.

#showtooltip Shadowfiend
/cast Shadowfiend
/cast Shadowcrawl
/petattack
/petagressive

1.Shadowcrawl is a spell which your shadowfiend has and it is very important.It increases shadowfiend's damage by 15% and is recommended to press the key binding twice just to be sure that the spell is used and few more times after shadowfiend is being casted just to keep improved the damage of your pet.

Comment : Sometimes if you dont press your pet macro key bind enough times your pet starts attacking random targets eventhough it is cc'ed and i can say i'm not using it with petagressive at the moment.

|1.3| Shield macros.

1.Party one shield macro:
/cast [target=party1] Power word:Shield

2.Party two shield macro:

/cast [target=party2] Power word:Shield

3.Self cast shield macro:

/cast [target=player] Power word:Shield

|1.4| Fear ward macros.

1. Self fear ward macro:

/stopcasting
/cast [target=player] Fear ward

2.Party 1 fear ward macro:

/cast [target=party1] Fear ward

|1.5| PI (Power Infusion macros)

1.Self cast + Badge trinket macro :

#showtooltip Power Infusion
/use Cataclysmic Gladiator's Badge of dominance
/cast [target=player] Power infusion

2.Self cast macro:

/cast [target=player] Power infusion

3.PI Macro for your 2v2/3v3 caster mate:

/cast [target=TYPE HIS NAME HERE] Power infusion

|1.6| Shadow word:Death macros:

1. First version of sw:d macro:
/stopcasting
/cancelaura Power Word: Shield
/cancelaura Divine Aegis
/cast [@focus] Shadow Word: Death

2.Second version of sw:d macro:
/stopcasting
/cancelaura Power word:shield
/cancelaura Divine aegis
/cast [target=focus] Shadow Word: Death

3.Third version of sw:d macro :
/cancelaura shadow word:shield
/cancelaura divine aegis
/cast [harm] Shadow Word: Death; [target=focus] Shadow Word: Death;

4.Fourth version of sw:d macro :

/stopcasting
/cast [harm] Shadow Word: Death
/cast [target=targettarget,harm] Shadow Word: Death
/cast [target=focus,harm] Shadow Word: Death
/cast [target=focustarget,harm] Shadow Word: Death

|1.7| Leap of Faith macros.

1. /cast [target=party1] Leap of faith

2. /cast [target=TYPE HIS/HER NAME HERE] Leap of faith

|1.8| Targetting macros:

1.Target yourself.

/target TYPE YOUR NAME HERE

2.Target party 1.

/target party1

3.Target party 2.

/target party2

|1.9| Mind control macro :

1. Stopcasting mind control.

#showtooltip Mind Control
/cast Mind Control
/cancelaura Mind Control

1.5 Addons.

My UI

Interrupt Bar.
Gladius.
Icicle.
Afflicted.
PartyAbilityBars.
ExtraCD

1.Interrupt bar: Showing mainly enemy's interrupts' cooldown,perhaps including some burst cooldowns such as Bladestorm and abilities that can prevent you from casting such as Kidney shot.

2.Gladius: Showing the diminishing returns cooldown on your arena opponents,health,mana,amount of health + mana,Talent spec,Class,PvP trinkets,announcing opponents' recent cooldowns,announcin low health,ressurection,drinking,some major class abilities.

3.Icicle : Showing the cooldowns under nameplates of nearby enemies.

4.Afflicted/3 : Icons of enemy cooldowns.

5.PartyAbilityBars: Showing what cooldowns your team mates have used.

6.ExtraCD: Showing talents that proc something or trinkets such as Vial of Shadows,Cunning of the Cruel and others' cooldown.I'm mainly using it for the talent Rapture so i can sometimes time my shield(wait a bit when the cooldown of rapture is almost ready so i can use it when it's ready and receive the mana % from the talent).

1.6 Talents

1.7 Glyphs

|1.0| Prime:

• Glyph of Shadow word:death
  • Glyph of Power word:shield
  • Glyph of Penance
  • Glyph of Flash Heal - (Really op against comps that keep your mate or simply you at low health frequently).

|1.1| Major:

• Glyph of Desperation
  • Glyph of Prayer of Mending
  • Glyph of Mass Dispel

~Glyphs which can replace Glyph of Prayer of Mending

• Glyph of Fear Ward
  • Glyph of Inner Fire
  • Glyph of Holy Nova

|1.2| Minor

• Glyph of Fortitude
  • Glyph of Shadowfiend
  • Glyph of Levitate

1.8 Viable 2v2 and 3v3 setups

~Top 2v2 Setups for discipline priest in 4.3.4

|1.0| Feral Druid and Discipline priest.

• First and the best setup is probably Feral Druid and Discipline Priest.High mobility,Offensive gameplay,Huge survivability,Infinite Crowd Control.

|1.1| Shadow Dance rogue and Discipline priest.

• Huge burst damage,mobility,endless crowd control,really offensive gameplay,decent survivability.

|1.2| Arms Warrior and Discipline Priest.

• Weak against certain setups,not that big burst damage,huge survivability,decent crowd control.

|1.3| Unholy Death Knight and Discipline priest.

• Amazing burst damage,huge survivability against spell cleaves,really good crowd control,offensive gameplay.

|1.4| Frost mage and Discipline Priest

• Amazing damage,high survivability,high mobility,offensive/passive gameplay.

~Some enjoyable 2v2 setups.

• Retribution Paladin and Discipline priest.
  • Marksmanship Hunter and Discipline priest.
  • Elemental Shaman and Discipline priest.
  • Enhancement Shaman and Discipline priest.
  • Destruction Warlock and Discipline priest.
  • Affliction Warlock and Discipline priest.

~Top 3v3 Setups for discipline priest in 4.3.4

|1.0| RMP(Rogue Mage Priest)

• The setup with the highest burst damage in the game,amazing crowd control,decent survivability,super offensive gameplay.

|1.1| Jungle Cleave(Feral druid/Marksman Hunter/Priest)

• Huge burst damage,high mobility,decent crowd control,good survivability.

|1.2| Thug Cleave(Rogue/Hunter/Priest)

• Huge burst damage,really good crowd control,good survivability,offensive gameplay,good mobility.

|1.3| PHP(Retribution Paladin/Hunter/Priest)

• Huge burst,offensive gameplay only on certain periods,decent survivability,good mobility.

|1.4| KFC-KungFuCleave(Arms warrior/Hunter/Priest)

• Amazing burst damage,not that good survivability,offensive gameplay.

|1.5| KittyCleave(Feral druid/Arms warrior/priest)

• Not that good survivability,decent burst damage,high mobility,offensive gameplay.

~Viable 3v3 setups.

-Feral/Enhancement shaman/priest
-Hunter/Enhancement shaman/priest
-Elemental shaman/rogue/priest
-Elemental shaman/hunter/priest

1.9 Strategies.

I will write strategies ONLY versus top setups and played by Rogue and Priest.

|1.0| + versus +

Edit : In detail: I start with mass dispels trying to get in combat,after that if i get in combat,we land a Sap on the priest and clean him fully.Therefore we're ready to open on him with Garrote combined with mind sear on my 2s mate to eventually prevent an opener on him if the enemy rogue decides to go on him.After the garrote we follow it with full kidney shot and shadow dance or either small burst to force some cooldowns and have a clean burst without any defensive cooldowns available for the enemy priest since we've putting huge burst damage on him and will definitely force some def cds.If the enemy rogue decides to open my rogue this is probably the best opener we could get following his opener with fear and therefore kidney shotting the priest.If the rogue goes on me with garrote,i'm dragging it behind a pillar and after the kidney shot i'm getting a full fear on him.Sometimes the fear drags the rogue out of enemy priest's los,sometimes it doesn't.Risk is not really needed here so counter it with garrote or if garrote is still DR'ed gouge and wait for it.Try to Sap after every fear and never let the enemy rogue to get a re-stealth this will *** up your game totally.

|1.1| + versus +

Edit : Okay this is like one of the biggest counters.What we do is open on the priest hardly,most of the ferals go on priest,some of them go on the rogue.I always stay back and their priest is most likely behind pillar,so right after my rogue opens on him i should get pounced as well.STAY MOUNTED!!!If the feral already opened on your rogue with pounce the priest will probably be in some stun or silence so go immediately for double fear on them,shield up your rogue,he will definitely have bleeds on him so you can prevent the bleeds to get him out of stealth,dispel faerie fire as well,and go for sap on the feral then open hard with garrote on the priest with dance and followed by a kidney shot.The game will definitely be a bit longer than normal games (not gonna count resto shaman warlock LOL).So all we do is : Going on priest,dispelling him as much as i can,ferals most likely maim you,so you will not be able to dispel Predatory Strikes(instant cyclone proc) and they go for cyclone on your rogue so they can peel for his priest,just try to have as much communication as you can with your rogue,he should los it with maybe gouge on the priest so he won't top himself while losing.Landing double fears as much as we can,and maybe mana burn.Important! All you need to dispel is shields and fear ward,do not waste mana for Grace and other stuff,divine aegis procs like 2-5k absorb so it's not that necessary to dispel.Try to fear on inner focus as well! FEEL FREE TO USE INNER FOCUS TO COUNTER THE ENEMY PRIEST AND COVER YOUR FEAR WARD WITH IT !

|1.2| + versus +

Edit : This is totally AIDZ.Warriors are always so annoying staying on my rogue and just extending the game but they still lose LOL doesn't matter how good they are(nerf rogues,jk).You can open on warrior,you can open on priest,depends how the start of the game went.We most likely open on priest with cooldowns while the warrior is in full sap,he have two options : 1-Berserker Rage it ,2-Wait.Both are totally risky because as he stays in full sap,my rogue is already shadow dancing on his priest and putting alot of pressure followed by a smoke bomb when the sap ends to prevent the warrior of charging him,and if he uses berserker rage,he just gives us double fear into restealth(if not trinket)and resap after it.New opener as well.As i said warriors are annoying as hell and they sit on rogue most of the time(depends actually).Take advantage of this and burn the priest,make him move a bit so he will keep himself on instants and still put a small amount of pressured or even decent amount.It's good to peel Deadly Calm or Recklessness with disarm,gouge or cheap shot,warriors are nerfed but still kinda scary.

|1.3| + versus +

Edit : Ooooooh my god.Necrotic Strike 1.6.This is even more scary than a terrorist.We always start with sap on the Death Knights then go for another sap on priest and immediately open on the dk.The sap on dk is to not let him to reach me that fast and totally forces his Death Grip which i follow with a shield that gives me 4 seconds freedom and following with a kidney shot from my rogue to let me escape a bit and make the dk cut off his hair.It's all about cc'ing the priest,using smoke bomb in the perfect moment and pretty much training the DK.If you let the dk go on you,what i've experienced is that i literally give them free win.You can switch on priest once you've forced DK's trinket or even his lichborne.You should go with shadowstep + Shadow dance followed by a fear on the dk and start hardcore burns on the priest.Note ! Always shiv off Unholy Frenzy!

|1.4| + versus +

It's pretty much the same retardness as against priest dk.You just need to force dk's cooldowns faster and earlier.Then go for paladin with burns in those fears.

|1.5| + versus +

Edit : My lord...This comp gives aids srsly.You can go hunter,you can go rogue.We go for the hunter most likely.Mass dispel his Camouflage @opener.Dot him up,dps him a bit,then when you see a good position and a perfect opportunity to open,just go for it.Open with cheapshot + Mind sear so there is a chance to get out the rogue.Try to keep huge distance from them,barrier enemy rogue's bombs and if you see a good opportunity stay right next to your rogue so he can eat hunter's traps easily.If you're really at high distance and you see the hunter coming to you closer and closer,Life Grip the rogue to you or simply try to shadow word:death the scatter shot / money blind or use your inner focus to prevent the hunter from silencing you and use shadow word :death right after it and try to sw:d the scatter shot or money's blind.Something that is really important is to keep the hunter dotted and maybe pop shadowfiend really early.Dispel the rogue after resaps or fears(if your rogue is not able to re-sap) to keep him in combat.It's better than dotting him,dispel keeps him in combat as well,your rogue can find an opportunity to smoke bomb the hunter and go for re-sap on rogue so you'd better just use dispel to keep the rogue in combat than dotting him up.Shadow word:death is also a choice to keep druids/rogues in combat.

|1.6| + versus +

Edit : Since we're playing in Freakz,it is extremely risky to go for mage,your rogue literally gets raped and kited so badly,so in my opinion going for rogue is definitely the best choice in this case.I've tried it and going for rogue really works way better in this server.So what we do is training the rogue all game,i stay at pillar all the time,dispelling my rogue as much as i can and avoiding cc on me as well.It's recommended to save shadowstep to kick sheeps since mages always deep you before sheeping or RoF or right after blind / cheapshot / gouge or even if you push through open area.Keep the rogue slowed and dotted all the time,just shiv it.Try to keep hemorhage's dot on rogue for as long as you can.They aim to force your cooldowns and let's not forget they have burst almost all the time and really short cooldowns at all (shadowdance 1 minute,stunlocks 20 sec,mage can burst with finger of frost of course.... and more) Try to Grip rogue's bomb,this might save you barrier or any other cooldown.Watch mage's position,if the enemy rogue used smoke bomb and enemy mage enters in just @pillar , do not leave pillar at all costs otherwise you might get cc'ed due to being unable to shadow word:death incoming sheeps while mage is in smoke bomb.Don't use evasion randomly,it has long cooldown so just save it for special moments.Cloak is important as well,use it only when priest is in CC.Stay at distance,this will make the rogue to use his shadowstep or just simply walk to you in order to use his Blind,so this actually increases the chance to shadow word:death blind.Try to double fear them as much as you can.Mage is also an option.

|1.7| + versus +

Edit : Leave the arena.

|1.8| + versus +

Edit : Train the shaman to death,force tremor early.On second fear he doesn't have tremor so go for kidney on shaman > fear on priest then go for mana burns on shaman.Can force trinket/s as well.An option is to not force tremor and immediately go for kidney > fear ,but it's always to be one step forward right? - Try to predict priest's silence.

|1.9| + versus +

Edit : Train the disc all the time.Spam dispel your rogue.Save shadowstep for sheeps.Careful with cloak of shadows,you can actually use it when you shadow dance and really have a chance to put high pressure or even kill the priest.Blinding priest is not a waste or a mistake.Do it only when priest have no trinket,wait then go for vanish garrote and kill ! What i do is ,i usually stay @open area because the enemy priest is always exactly next to the pillar(pillar kissing :v ) and if i go closer i will get feared immediately.So just watch out really careful.I'm staying @pillar and losing stuff as well,but when you go offensive just do that.Fear them both as much as you can.Going on mage is not a mistake or waste of cooldowns.

|2.0| + versus +

What we do is,open on warrior with cooldowns and smoke bome immediately,the druid will probably leave stealth and due to smoke bomb is up we go for the vanish sap ,if he gets in combat just stay mounted and go for a fear or simply tunnel him ,he will cyclone you,run from you or just let you fear him.While walking to the druid to land a fear,spam dispel the warrior so he need to waste some time hotting the warrior.You can switch to the druid as well,its also an option.It's all about timing your crowd control.Fear the druid at all costs.

|2.1| + versus +

One of the biggest or maybe the biggest counter for rogue priest.What we do is simply almost the same as versus Rogue Hunter.We get the hunter out,i dot him up and we go for him.Dispel predatory strikes as much as you can.Note that they can even go on you which is not a mistake by their side.Try to gouge the hunter and wait,then you should go for a double fear on them both.Hunter can't really do anything to prevent his feral from getting feared ,so fearing the feral only is not a mistake,but it's always better to land a double fear and then restealth,sap the feral and go for the hunter with clear opener without any peels.If you feel like you can't manage to kill the hunter,feral is really good to kill too.When we play Disc Rogue(me as priest as usually) we always go on the hunter,but sometimes we switch with alt characters and i'm the rogue.It's way more easier for me to kill the feral than the hunter.Just stay close to the priest,the feral will sit on you to deal damage,so it's no problem for you to drag him closer to the priest.Eat traps as much as you can.When your priest gets scattered or monley blinded,try to gouge feral(it dodges most of the times) to prevent yourself getting maimed and let the hunter land succesful trap on your priest.Use wall early.Save evasion !!! This is really important.Do not use evasion just like that...Save it when you really die like crazy and you can peel yourself while priest is getting chain cc'ed.

|2.2| + versus +

Easiest shit.Train warlock all day all night.Just pop every single offensive cooldown on the warlock.It's all about spam-dispelling your rogue so he can feel the freedom lol.Try to stay close to warlock's portal,then after he uses it,if your rogue doesn't have shadowstep or he can't shadowstep to the warlock,just grip it.Don't use Fear ward randomly.Save it when the warlock really fears you or is simply close to you and is going to howl you.Use inner focus to prevent the warlock or mage especially,to blank CS/spell lock you and peel the warlock.You can feel that is coming when the mage has deep freeze,they most likely deep freeze > instant blank CS on you to prevent a dispel on the rogue.

|2.3| + versus +

Go on the one you feel you like more -.Rogue can trinket disarm,it's no problem.It's all about keeping your rogue up and putting as much pressure as you can.Use inner focus to dispel fears,death coil,etc when you're going offensive.Do not leave pillar.Once you leave it,you might get chain cc'ed.If the warlock is playing with succubus,use shadow word:death to prevent the pet from seducing you.Note : Stay close to warlock's port,not exactly on it ,because there is a huge chance he can port and take advantage of this and will definitely howl of terror you,so just stay like 5-6 yards next to it.

|2.4| + versus +

You can go for feral,but in my opinion earth shield and riptide does the dirty work pretty much,so we go for the shaman.It's similar to feral druid discipline priest,but with some additions.What we do is ,we open on the shaman with burst or use it a bit later ,depends, and what we actually aim is get a fear on the druid and mana burn the shaman.Once you mana burned him totally,go super offensive and just keep and keep fearing the feral.Note : Mana burn the shaman even if he is totally out of mana,that dogshit class can heal himself even with 0 mana trust me.

Way to do it : Fear the druid > Kidney Shaman or Cheap shot first(then followed by a kidney ofc) then a gouge as well.

|2.5| + versus +

Their opener is always opening hard to the rogue right after he opened,then puts me into full deep and then Ring of Frost(sheep is a bit risky due to high chance to get shadowstep kicked) then they go for a fear.Here comes the rogue role,your rogue needs to gouge/kidney/cheapshot the priest when he draws near you.If that goes succesfully they just literally give you free fear/double fear onto them.Dispel your rogue as much as you can.Don't let the priest cast vampiric touch.Use inner focus early.Feel free to use it to cover your Fear Ward.Also using inner focus to avoid blank Counterspell on you when he deeps target is also really really really good! In mid game it's really important to dispel frost novas on you,so you can maybe avoid some deep freezes on you if he doesn't have finger of frost.If mages fake sheep you and you use your shadow word:death keep communication with your rogue,immediately tell him that so he can react to it.Try to outrange the next sheep if he can't stop it or simply Shadow meld it if you're a night elf.Your position is really important here.Try to not stay on line with the mage,always change your position.And leave the pillar ONLY for fears.

2.0 Positioning.

|1.0| Casting behind pillar.

http://imgur.com/kNJSxRx

• On this picture you see me casting divine hymn behind pillar to be safe.But i'm not completely safe! My addon for non-interrupt effects doesn't show Blink on cooldown,Counterspell is not on cooldown,he is not that far from me.That means he will probably blink and interrupt me.

http://imgur.com/tAXLWa8

• On this one you see exactly what i said earlier.He blinked and are about to interrupt me.So i stopped the cast immediately.

http://imgur.com/8wyalI7

• On this picture im casting Hymn of hope,the priest is coming to me,his fear is up and is probably coming to fear me.

http://imgur.com/96Ocmb3

• Here i saw the priest is on the edge of the pillar and i pressed my fear ward macro and warded the incoming fear.

|1.1| Predatory Strikes problems.

Some of you may ask why i just don't simply go and dispel it with Dispel Magic? I will tell you !

http://imgur.com/I9j7W6I

• Here you see that the druid got predatory strikes proc and is coming to cyclone me.If i leave the pillar and go for standart dispel i will get globaled but i will also get cycloned.

http://imgur.com/BZKqo2R

• Here i casted a mass dispel just next to me and i dispelled his predatory strikes proc straight away.

|1.2| Hunters.

http://imgur.com/yqAjWWR

• On this picture you see the hunter is far away from me.Let's imagine he's bursting my mate and wants to cc me now.He will probably disengage and wants to Scatter shot me.He is in perfect position that will definitely land close to me and be able to silence/scatter me.Scatter shot and Silencing shot are not on cooldown and he is about to do that!

http://imgur.com/vgreMea

• The damage from shadow word:pain shows his previous position,the speed buff from disengage appeared,im in line of sight i have two options.
    1.Try to shadow word:death scatter shot.
    2.It is risky to cast shadow word death first because top hunters ALWAYS cast silencing shot before scatter shot just to be sure they will land a scatter shot,so the solution is to use shadowfiend on him and command it with MoveTo and eat the incoming trap after scatter shot with it.

|1.3| Standart positioning.

http://imgur.com/1ObRid1

• Forget i have Strenght of soul(5 seconds immune to dispels/silence/interrupt effects).I'm not on mage's line of sight and i'm obviously save now,i need to cast a few more heals to back me up and now you see the mage is walking forward to me and might have planned to counterspell me.Counterspell is ready,blink also so be careful when you're playing versus such classes.

|1.4| Fire mages.

http://imgur.com/rlDh4uL

[list=][*]Let's think that your 2v2 mate is bursting the mage down.He is closely dead and cauterize will definitely proc.[/list]

http://imgur.com/C4W1emD

• Predict the ice block with mass dispel !

2.1 Questions and Answers.

Q: Why not Spell Penetration Cloak/Neck?

A: You cannot resist a spell in Freakz,the only thing that could change is your damage,but just by hundreds,is it worth it to lose so much spirit for literally nothing?

Q: Why not mastery Head/Legs?

A: Especially in this patch you need haste as your 2nd/3rd stat (Intelect>Spirit/Haste),if you go with Mastery it increases your PW:S by max 2-3k and aegis not even 1k,so it's just lose of important stats.You need crit from legs as well.

Q: Staff or One-Hand + Off Hand??

A: Firstly,there is stats difference,when using Staff you get more spirit and more resilience,when you use MH+OH you have less spirit,less resilience,but more crit and not just that.When using One Hand+Off Hand you have higher attack speed than when you wear staff which allows you to kill Totems faster.I've been playing with One Hand+ Off Hand most of the time,but personally prefer Staff for 3v3.

Q:When to Power Infusion?

A:Using Power Infusion is something really important.You can't just use it randomly,if you do,it really cause difference.The way i'm using Power Infusion is simple,a 3v3 game is starting and we're already waiting for the opener,after the fight has already started i gotta shield and dispel more than normally,do not forget healing as well.Basically i'm using Power Infusion in the opener to compensate the mana i will lose due to pressure.It actually depends against what you play as well.

Q: Usage of Rapture?

A: Basically the first thing you need to do is download the addon called ExtraCD,it shows the cooldown/duration of your Trinket/Item/Enchant/Talents procs such as Dominance trinkets,Lightweave enchant from Tailoring,Power Torrent @Weapon and in this case,Rapture the talent.The best usage of it is to pay strong attention at the current gameplay.To be prepared what would happen seconds later,and with so on,use your shield only for raptures.

IMPORTANT

Early Defensive: Re-shield only for Rapture to get mana back.(Shield only if re-stealth or something similar is needed) You will mostly need this gameplay in the early seconds/minutes of the game start when your mates are preparing burst.

Mid Game: Then you'll surely need to spam shields alot due to switches,DoT comps or whatever.This will result in strong loss of mana.

Late Game: Your mana will either be low or high or medium.In most cases its around 30-40%,perhaps even lower.This will force your gameplay into slower and will force a defensive gameplay for you as well.Try to use your shield only when Rapture is available as much as you can,it really helps keeping your mana up longer.

"Tricks" : Let's imagine it shows that Rapture proc is coming up in 4 seconds(@ExtraCD),you can pre-shield the target that is taking damage 2-3 seconds before Rapture proc comes available,so it will proc right after the cooldown is done.

2.2 Races

Human

The Human Spirit

3% Spirit is in use for a discipline priest and will definitely help.

Every Man For Himself

Having double trinkets as a discipline priest is extremely helpful in PvP.Battlemaster trinket + some Spirit stacking trinket to boost up your mp5 really helps in both mana pool and survivability.

Dwarf

Stoneform

Stoneform allows you to remove Feral Druid's bleeds which will definitely help you to survive big bursts and 10% Damage Reduction isn't bad at all.

Frost Resistance

Minor Frost resistance boost.

Night Elf

Shadowmeld

Shadowmeld is probably the best racial for a discipline priest in this patch.Allowing you to avoid incoming CC on you such as Polymorph or Scatter Shot or even shadowmeld some spells like Blind,Silencing shot,Stuns,another priest's fear(Bugged in freakz,you cannot shadowmeld priests' fear here).Keep in mind you can shadowmeld damage as well,for example Mages' shatters or even Warlocks' Death Coil,they most likely use it when you're pressured or using it to put some pressure so watch out for it,it's pretty easy to meld it.

Nature Resistance

Minor Nature Resistance boost.

Gnome

Escape Artist

Really useful to escape from roots and probably survive if you're about to die.You can remove Warrior's Improved Hamstring root,Mage's Frost novas/Improved Cone of Cold too and such.

Expansive Mind

Boosting your spell power + Mana which also increases your mp5 too.

Draenei

Gift of the Naaru

Great HoT spell.Could be used combined with renew when you see a CC is coming on you and you cannot trinket it or avoid it.

Heroic Presence

1% Hit is sick on a discipline priest.

Shadow Resistance

Minor shadow resistance boost.

Worgen

Darkflight

Great for use right before shielding yourself or after(not sure of it triggers GCD).Combined with 4/5 Discipline set it helps to escape alot and maybe Melee comps or some melee class.

Viciousness

1% Crit isn't that much,but it's still something.

Aberration

Minor Nature and Shadow resistnance boost.

Undead

Will of the Forsaken

One of the best racials in the game so far.Could be used early in the game to put some pressure or keep if you've put one already.It only shares 45 Seconds cooldown with your PvP trinket so,using this early is not a mistake,but an advantage and opportunity.

Shadow Resistance

Minor Shadow Resistance boost.

Tauren

War Stomp

Great AoE stun.Could help to stun someone to either help you survive or just put a CC on healer to land a kill.

Endurance

Small health boost.

Nature Resistance

Minor Nature Resistance boost.

Troll

Berserking

Combined with Power Infusion would help to clean your target's buffs or perhaps spam damage abilities on enemies.

Da Voodoo Shuffle

15% Duration on roots/slows would be a bit in use but don't really think it is worth it having in mind all the other classes' racials.

Blood Elf

Arcane Torrent

AoE Silence is just amazing.In 3v3 it really helps alot.

Magic Resistance (wowhead link)

Should be 2% but it shows 1%.Back to the racial.It would really help against spell casters since hit cap is 4% and you actually reduce it back to 2% which is actually really good.

Goblin

Rocket Jump

Amazing ability to escape from fights or re-position yourself.

Time is Money

Have never tried goblin don't really know how this works by reading the description i see it boosts your haste by 1% which isn't that bad.

Which races you should use and is worth it ?

Green - The best.
Yellow - Fine.
Red - Critical.

Human
Dwarf
Night Elf
Gnome
Draenei
Worgen

Undead
Tauren
Troll
Blood Elf
Goblin

This it is guys. ! - Feel free to ask me ingame or pm me in forum for questions.

-
Soze.

Priest PvP Glyph Guide 5.4.8
Priest PvP Talent Tiers Guide 5.4.8

Last edited by Hawtydaboss on 06-01-2015, 19:54:15; edited 87 times in total
1 0

Xilience

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-10-2014 06:12)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 24-08-2013, 22:29:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

TLDR.You forgot to put lag as your team mate >.<! Fix ur net srsly.Btw nice guide ... it prolly took you a week to make with all the pictures and lag.

Last edited by Xilience on 24-08-2013, 22:49:49; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Rinsemachine

[Vicious Gladiator]

(since 27-08-2014 12:31)

Votes: 10

Post Posted: 24-08-2013, 22:47:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Xilience wrote:
TLDR.You forgot to put lag as your team mate >.<! Fix ur net srsly

True that - My epic bulgarian internet rocks - 0-100 win/loss ratio.

New profile: Hawtydaboss
0 0

Lisztomania

[Mentally Stable]

(since 19-09-2013 04:41)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 25-08-2013, 02:20:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

excellent guide =D

0 0

Rinsemachine

[Vicious Gladiator]

Post Posted: 25-08-2013, 02:34:33 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Lisztomania wrote:
excellent guide =D

Thanks! Nice to hear that you liked it -

P.S. Just want to add something to the guide,regarding 2v2 strategies.I have written only SINGLE strategies for you guys.
Example : R/P vs Warr/disc - open on warrior to force some cooldowns.(You can also sap the warrior open on disc with burst so you can force warrior's berserker rage and fear him lately).So don't bash me !

Anyways i hope you guys enjoy the guide!

0 0

fayewel

[Mentally Stable]

(since 15-08-2014 11:21)

Votes: 8

Post Posted: 25-08-2013, 12:11:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

rlly great guide man -

0 0

Shpace

[742617000027]

(since 22-02-2024 11:19)

Votes: 417

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 25-08-2013, 12:34:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Good job for the guide , i like it
0 0

Rinsemachine

[Vicious Gladiator]

Post Posted: 25-08-2013, 17:55:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shpace wrote:
Good job for the guide , i like it

Thanks -

fayewel wrote:
rlly great guide man -

Thanks mate - <3

0 0

Xelcyon

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-06-2014 18:44)

Votes: 181

Post Posted: 28-08-2013, 09:40:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

started in 2008 .......

good guide gorilla it makes me wanna play my disc ....
btw say hi to Abdul aka Hydraftw ... i miss him

0 0

Rinsemachine

[Vicious Gladiator]

Post Posted: 28-08-2013, 11:19:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Xelcyon wrote:
started in 2008 .......

good guide gorilla it makes me wanna play my disc ....
btw say hi to Abdul aka Hydraftw ... i miss him

Thanks Swixty - I'll pm you to talk about Abdul aka Hydraftw.

0 0

Icematikz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 30-10-2013 22:31)

Post Posted: 30-08-2013, 18:40:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Really nice Guide -
0 0

tesio

[Mentally Stable]

(since 30-06-2017 21:51)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 30-08-2013, 20:26:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

hate me or not.
1st thing - there is no cap for mastery (so more mastery is good for dpriest0
2nd thing - !mass dispel is not needed anymore, cause it doesnt get off (like back in wotlk)
3rd thing - why do u even need pw:b macro lol
4th thing - predators clone and mass dispel?... look when u are behind the pill ar u shouldnt even care for predators if u are the target (and u must know it) cause u can simply kite it around + if u see predators clone on the opener, dispelling it off with MD = double gcd so its lame + u can dispel 2 times during md with normal natural dispel...
5th thing - top huners watch swd, simply with animation, not just silencescatter ...

tha

0 0

Rinsemachine

[Vicious Gladiator]

Post Posted: 31-08-2013, 00:44:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

tesio wrote:
hate me or not.
2nd thing - !mass dispel is not needed anymore, cause it doesnt get off (like back in wotlk)
4th thing - predators clone and mass dispel?... look when u are behind the pill ar u shouldnt even care for predators if u are the target (and u must know it) cause u can simply kite it around + if u see predators clone on the opener, dispelling it off with MD = double gcd so its lame + u can dispel 2 times during md with normal natural dispel...
5th thing - top huners watch swd, simply with animation, not just silencescatter ...

tha

I sense rage here due to the game i played versus you,it's normal lose then find a way to make the better than you look bad. - I'll just add some comments.

1st THING ! - - Write it in english next time!
2nd THING - Top hunters sometimes doesn't pay much attention when they're under pressure or simply do their burst.
3rd thing - I can just LoS the insta clone yes,but im not gonna run around while my partner is dying and as i already mentioned it just gave single explanations to people.

P.S. It's really stupid to bash better people just because of your madness that you lost a single game,there will always be someone better than you.
If i need to be honest i've been looking tons of topics in forums and i just took a quick look at your guides and the only thing i can say is i thought some 1500 guy had written them.

If you reply with more stupid comments i'll just simply report the post.

-Rinse.

-Edit.

Since haste is one of the main stats Mastery is useless,enjoy.

P.S. I find your first comment kinda worthless,"since there is no cap for mastery".What should i do ? Stack up all gems with intel + mastery / mastery , go for full reforge and stuff like that? Bitch please - You just make yourself an obvious failure.

Last edited by Rinsemachine on 31-08-2013, 01:10:34; edited 2 times in total
0 0

Icematikz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 30-10-2013 22:31)

Post Posted: 31-08-2013, 00:53:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

tesio wrote:
hate me or not.

tha

Hide somewhere,random.I don't know how do you even dare to talk to such an experienced player like that lol.

0 0

tesio

[Mentally Stable]

(since 30-06-2017 21:51)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 31-08-2013, 03:18:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

sorry for being so unexperienced and lowbie player ...

in case ;0
http://i.imgur.com/He4adU6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TDEPtfN.jpg

if anything else just report me whatever.
just dont hate to someone for a simple reply :0
i never said u were noob or whatever.
gear+geared partner= success
sorry for my guides being 1500ish btw

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Cataclysm  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next    

The time now is 29-03-2024, 00:37:06
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x