User
Pass
2FA

Let's make a rule for one guy! - Multiboxing
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message7229
thebotz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 27-10-2014 21:19)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 01-10-2013, 07:52:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Here's your daily line of bull**** :
Quote:
Multiboxing is now prohibited in terms of battlegrounds. Dozens of complaints regarding it made us take this decision. Persons who do this are some sort of semi-bots, they are not actually useful to their team and they occupy spots in the battlegrounds that could go to "real" players.

We shall take a look at that in a moment. But first, let's have a quote from a defendant of another recent case, about the low-lvl twink wearing gear aquired through voting. That had also been allowed for a long time, but recently isn't no more.

Quote:
Its stupid how GMs take opinions like yours seriously and actually crack under pressure and remove these items [you need to make the twinks] from the shop,it will only be a matter of time till GMs ban multi-boxing too i guess, seen as retards rage over that in the forums also.

Quote:
seen as retards rage over that in the forums also

Quote:
Dozens of complaints regarding it made us take this decision.

*cough*

Now, let's have a look at the arguments as to why the complaints of "I ran into half the enemy team and died, ban pl0x!" had enough merit that action had to be taken :

Quote:
Persons who do this are some sort of semi-bots

Multiboxing is not botting. In any way. Nothing happens with any of the toons without the multiboxer doing it. Every action every toon takes is sent by the multiboxer, in real-time gameplay.

Quote:
they are not actually useful to their team

*cough* Err? Excuse me, wh-*cough*

I'm indeed so useless for my team that the alliance took pity and let me win.[/sarcasm]

Quote:
they occupy spots in the battlegrounds that could go to "real" players.

And since when are the amounts of battlegrounds that can run at one time limited? I'm taking spots in that BG? Big deal, another just opened for everyone to join. And while one could say that I slow down the queue time for the horde, it's just as easy to say that I speed it up for the alliance. And which faction usually has long queue times more often than the other? Alliance.

I could attempt to go on and keep ranting about how this new 'rule' makes no sense, but I think the point is made. Bottom line is, this 'rule' was added there just to get me, and no one else, out of the picture, just like the twinks were outlawed to get rid of 2 people that had taken them to a new level.

The twinks were in a way understandable, though. That's not something you could do on retail. While it is theorically what a lvl 10 wearing those items on retail would do, it's not possible to obtain these item at lvl 10 on retail.

Multiboxing, on the other hand, is fully allowed on retail, and has always been. The rage posts happened, and still happen on retail forums, yet blizzard never bends to them. Why should this server be any different? Because one multiboxer is good enough to be viable in battlegrounds? Because people can't realise that recklessness bladestorming 4 toons without any support what-so-ever isn't going to win you what is basically a 1v4?

The people that actually get upset by multiboxing are those who don't realise this. Running into half the enemy team alone leads to death. Running into a premade with your disorganised team, whether the premade is 7 or 10 guys behind the screens, leads to a wipe of your team. Multiboxing has nothing to do with it directly.

A bad multiboxer will be a hindrance for his team.
A good mulltiboxer will be useful to his team.
A bad solo player will be a hindrance for his team.
A good solo player will be useful to his team.

That's what it boils down to. Organised players winning against disorganised players. Not multiboxing. Banning multiboxing because people throw their losses on it isn't a logical course of action.

Please give your thoughts, but also please keep away from rants about how multiboxing is overpowered/useless, because only the player behind the team can decide that, just like any normal toon. Keep it civil.

And thanks to those who didn't go "TL;DR". If you did though, just don't bother replying.

The irony of multiboxing is that it only truly shines when it's supported by normal players.

Soulbotz/Botzdotcom. Quad elemental, quad DK, will take full advantage of above statement.
0 0

Forest322

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-10-2013 06:54)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 01-10-2013, 08:09:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Really not happy with this change... So much for Bliz like ?

Skill > Gear But Skill + Gurth Truly Dominates

Proud Assistant GM of Blood of the Fallen ( Horde ) PVP Guild Exodus

WTB Rated BG's
Thank you for turning World PVP back on!
0 0

thedkaccount

[Mentally Stable]

(since 17-07-2016 16:41)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 01-10-2013, 08:19:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Im not even sure what to say, he has covered pretty much all base's on this arguement,
The arguement itself is just full on retarded it makes no sense,im just lost for words when i read this

Quote:
Multiboxing is now prohibited in terms of battlegrounds. Dozens of complaints regarding it made us take this decision. Persons who do this are some sort of semi-bots, they are not actually useful to their team and they occupy spots in the battlegrounds that could go to "real" players.

im pretty sure this GM doesn't understand multiboxing/keybroadcasting.

the closest thing to automated play that this player is doing is /follow, which is an in-game mechanic.

it just doesn't make sense.

Maybe be more blizzlike ?,like ignore on-going retarded complaints from idiots that play your server ?

i don't like getting smashed by skilled players with donor items in arena or pre-made BG teams but atleast i don't go complain and write up ban requests for it...

this is just stupid and its gonna tear our guild apart,Thee best and most active pvp guild on horde side Exodus realm,so yeah thanks for that -

0 0

Thecla

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-10-2013 06:50)

Post Posted: 01-10-2013, 08:32:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Dozens of complaints regarding it made us take this decision.

So what next are you going to ban the use of donor weapons in arenas? Are you going to disable world pvp? There have been way more requests for those than stopping multiboxing or low level twinks.

This is truly sad devs are caving to every whiny request that the populace makes next thing you know it will be instant 85 there will be no conquest cap and there will be no valor cap.

0 0

thedkaccount

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 01-10-2013, 08:44:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ban rogues in PVP they can attack you and kill you then run away in stealth,this is so totally not fair, if you dnt ban rogues in pvp im gonna leave this server!!!!!!!!!! -
0 0

Slayerwho

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-10-2013 03:28)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 01-10-2013, 08:50:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The fact that there are people out there that think multiboxing is a "Bot" just show that those people really have no idea what they are talking about.

if you have ever tried to multibox you know that there is no easy way or program that will just make all your toons do what you want
multiboxing properly takes a great amount of skill and knowledge of the mechanics of the class played and the system in which blizzard built to control a single character
blizzard built a system where a person can create things called macro's which allow you to make your character do things such as target another players target, use abilities and follow characters movements
with the right macro's and key bindings and the ability to run multiple wow windows and accounts at once you end up with the ability to start multiboxing
now all it will take is a lot of practice to be able to control all your toons at once, keep them grouped with out loosing any, make sure they focus targets together, be able to change toons once the master toon dies, have the ability to recover dead toons, once you can do that toss in some pvp where you dont control the outcome and good luck. multiboxing in pvp is hard as *** but yet one on our server has been able to do it
and instead of people commenting on how good he is they accuse him of hacking/cheating and now it has gotten to the point that multiboxing is banned in bg's

the logic for this makes no sense but hey why dont we read what blizzard has to say on the matter since this server is based on a blizzard's rules and play style

Blizzards stance on multiboxing, if you call your server blizz-like you should read this

“From a certain perspective, the strange thing about this stance is that the multiboxing player has the least advantage in a battleground. A battleground is a closed system, the teams are ideally even, the multiboxer is more prone to disruptive assaults from other players, and the numerical advantage is wholly nullified in this scenario.”

Malkorix, Blizzard Poster

This issue has been discussed to death on the World of Warcraft forums. If we change our stance regarding multi-boxing, you'll know it.
Daxxarri – Community Manager 12/5/2012

The decision to allow multiboxing has much to do with a person's ability to be registered to multiple accounts. If we did not allow it, you would only be able to have one World of Warcraft account, ever. That would cause a number of complications that we sometimes still see today, due to a misunderstanding of our policies, but the issue would be exacerbated greatly if we were to limit things to a single license per user.
Once the determination was made the allow a person to have multiple WoW licenses registered to a single Battle.net or even multiple licenses under the same name, how many becomes entirely irrelevant.

Two, ten or thirty, or more, the rules still apply. As long as the person registered to the account is the one in direct control of those characters, it is not against our policies to do so.

Vrakthris – Support Forum Agent 6/29/2012

Tom Chilton: [Laughs] Well, we actually are perfectly content to endorse multi-boxing to some reasonable degree. If a person wants to go out and buy a second account and power-level themselves, we’re okay with that.

Patently false. All accounts should be allowed to be played as they see fit provided that they’re playing within our policies. In cases of mulitboxing, all accounts involved are playing the same as any other account, only simultaneously.

-Belfaire, Blizzard Poster

Semantics issue #3:
Does multiboxing give a player an in-game advantage?
“Yes–and so does grouping.”
Therefore, can multiboxing be considered an exploit?
“No. We consider it be an alternative playstyle; not everyone can do it, but if a person is willing to devote the concentration and capital to such a venture–legitimately–we’re perfectly fine with it. Five multiboxed accounts can be feared and CCed just like five solo accounts.

-Belfaire, Blizzard Poster

“I think I might see your concern, so, please allow me to ask a question.

What is the objective difference between 1 player directing 5 characters to attack a single target, and the leader of a team slapping an assist train on a target and telling his other 4 teammates to attack a target with him?

A slight gain in efficiency for the single player/set of characters at an extreme cost in flexibility to deal with exterior threats compared to the team of players?”

“Instead of World of Warcraft, let’s look at chess to draw a parallel.

What is the factual difference (assuming no time limits on turns) between 5 chess players versus 1 player moving across the boards to play against all 5 of his opponents and 5 players facing across the boards versus another 5? Think of each chess team as a ‘character’.

In both cases, you have 10 ‘characters’. 5 White characters and 5 Black characters, each composed of multiple pieces.

Though, to extend the analogy, the 1 player facing 5 would be forced to make the same move on each board. Not something that 5 individual players would need concern themselves with.

For better or worse, World of Warcraft isn’t quite a chess match, but I think the analogy holds.

That being the case, if player is the ultimate concern, then multi-boxers are at a permanent disadvantage. It would, after all, be ridiculous to assess chess around 5 sets of pieces all attacking 1 set of pieces regardless of how they were controlled, would it not?”

“Players, as individuals matter.

Here is why characters are more important for the purposes of this discussion though.

What happens when 6 players controlling 6 characters join a battleground? 6 character slots are filled. Then 4 others are filled with 4 other players controlling 4 other characters. Why?

Because battlegrounds are filled on a character for character basis. They are a closed system that only recognizes characters, and wherein characters ideally are matched against other characters.

What happens when 5 players and 1 multiboxer join a battleground? 10 character slots are filled. The results are identical to a situation where each character is controlled by a single player. We can run over the relative merits and disadvantages of multiboxing til the bovines return to their abodes, but factually, that’s what we’re dealing with:

10 characters vs. 10 characters. The raw ability of those 10 characters to accomplish their goal (winning the battleground) is identical within reasonable assessment of individual class abilities, gear and skill.”

“Here’s the thing though. That multiboxer queues, and waits, just as a 5-man arena team would (to use an example). They take up the same queue time, and the same number of slots on the opposing team. There is nothing to differentiate them from one of the very common groups of ‘pre-made’ players, aside from slightly more effective focus fire, and less strategic flexibility in dealing with threats, much greater vulnerability to crowd control and that being ‘split’ by resurrection is devastating.

The less organized battle ground participants you describe will typically have a much harder time facing that arena team or pre-made than they would a multi-boxer.

Aside from which, occasionally running up against more organized opposition is simply a fact of the battlegrounds. Just as is facing more skilled or more well equipped foes. Factually, while we do our best to structure the queuing system such that players will meet equivalent opponents, there are limitations on that system if we still want to keep the queues at a reasonable length. As a result, sometimes a team will run up against a ‘superior’ opponent (please note the quotes), and have a greater challenge, whether in the form of a pre-made group, multi-boxer, or merely highly skilled or knowledgeable opponents.

Simply because an opponent is ‘superior’ does not mean that a ‘pug’ team isn’t able to adapt and overcome. Having a pre-made group or a multi-boxer doesn’t even necessarily mean that a given battleground team truly is superior. There are a great many variables to take into account.”

“I will give you a purely anecdotal example that I have experienced personally, (perhaps because I love facing multi-boxers).

I happen to play a rogue – a class that excels at sowing confusion and disrupting opposing teams. I was facing a team in Warsong Gulch, half of which was composed of a multi-boxer controlling five characters. I encountered the Warlocks individually, and proceeded to sap them to break up his formation. This forced him to maneuver around in an effort to retain cohesion – something a normal player would never have to do.

I continually would delay and harass him in this fashion. I would often manage to kill one of his characters by sapping one of his group, cheap shotting one, gouging one, then blinding another. Even if I failed to land a kill, his characters were so scattered and disorganized by my efforts and the occasional fear, sheep or other CC thrown by a teammate, that fully half of their team was disabled for most of the battle. We won that match very swiftly.

I am not exaggerating when I say that this player would leave battlegrounds when they saw my name on the opposing team list, or after our first encounter in the field.

A unique situation? Perhaps, perhaps not. Knowing how to fight a multi-boxer, and having the tools do so, means that one character can effectively cripple 5 or more. After all, one mind is simply not as efficient at running those five characters once cohesion is lost, or if 2 of his group have been slain, leaving him with characters scattered across the field. Of note, this is not much different from learning how to effectively fight a particular character class or spec. Knowledge is power.

All of the above is irrelevant though. Ultimately, this isn’t about what one player can do vs. another (or even 5 others). This is about the number of characters in play. Five characters can defeat 5 characters. 5 player run characters actually have a very substantial advantage over a multi-boxer in most cases. That a single player is controlling them offers limited advantages compared to the disadvantages it can present.
Since battlegrounds are a sealed environment, it is always a question of x players versus x players. How many actual players are behind those characters becomes a non-issue.

Essentially it balances out so well in the end that it functionally isn’t much of an advantage at all, and merely becomes a play style choice. As always, we’ll continue to monitor multi-boxing and other in-game behaviors.

If this practice should ever present a truly exploitative influence you can be sure that we’ll make appropriate policy modifications in response.”

“Think of a single key-press as a lever. You pull the lever, and something happens.

Think of multi-boxing as simply attaching 5 levers to a single handle. You’re still only pulling one lever, it just affects more than one something.

Now, think of automation as a lever attached to a set of gears and pulleys. You pull the lever, and a whole slew of bits and bobs start working, gears whirring, pulleys spinning. You might pull a lever, but it sets a process in motion that would be impossible with an ordinary pull of the lever if those gears and pulleys were not in place. Automation can apply to a single character just as much as it could with multiple characters.

The point is that the ‘something’ that occurs spools out without direct human involvement aside from the initial pull of the lever. That is automation. Even if it’s only a single extra step.

In multi-boxing, every action taken by those characters has its source in a human command. Each individual action. Thus, it is not automation.”

“We have drawn a line. You’re talking about automated behavior. Multiboxing is not automated. There is no automation. There is no great advantage, there is no illicit behavior, there is no overwhelming benefit, there is no automation.”

Belfaire, Blizzard Poster

“Allow me to set your argument to rest. This:
Add in a 3rd party program. You press ONE button and all 5 screens react. How exactly is that fair/legit? It’s not. The ability to control 5 computers at once with 1 single keyboard and 1 single press of a button is automation. The ability to make your characters cast their individual spells and skills at once by pressing 1 button is automation.
Is not automation by our standards. This is why multi-boxing is just fine.
The moment that single keypress initiates a string of actions not normally possible via our base macro system for an individual character, then that is a different matter. It is also a separate offense.

Multi-boxing, currently, is not a violation of our policies.
That is all.”

Malkatorix, Blizzard Poster

Enough said

0 0

MadnessCaffe
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 06-10-2013 11:59)

Votes: 45

Post Posted: 01-10-2013, 14:22:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

So you complain that you can't use 4 accounts to gank 1 person ?

Battlegrounds are there so the individuals will work togheter towards a common interest (winning), not one 1 kid making 100 accounts to gank people, that's really retarded and destroys the purpose and competition in a battleground.

/thread.

Edit : Also, donor weapons are basically normal weapon just that they're not yet in-game and they are being sold for money (which destroyed the server), but you get the point. Also, world pvp is activated just at level 85 and I doubt many people camp low levels, that's pointless.

Battlegrounds are made so you and others test your abilities and the coordonation of your team,etc a.k.a HORDE VS ALLIANCE.

0 0

thedkaccount

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 01-10-2013, 14:55:04 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

MadnessCaffe wrote:

Battlegrounds are there so the individuals will work togheter towards a common interest (winning), not one 1 kid making 100 accounts to gank people, that's really retarded and destroys the purpose and competition in a battleground.

/thread.

Edit : Also, donor weapons are basically normal weapon just that they're not yet in-game and they are being sold for money (which destroyed the server), but you get the point. Also, world pvp is activated just at level 85 and I doubt many people camp low levels, that's pointless.

Battlegrounds are made so you and others test your abilities and the coordonation of your team,etc a.k.a HORDE VS ALLIANCE.

He is an individual, and it takes alot of effort to control 4 toons in a BG, if u fought him 4 players vs just him and his 4 toons you will easily win if you know how to play,like u said its working together for a common interest"winning",if you or your team is too retarded and cant kill him then why should the multi-boxer have to be punished for it ?

oh and killing people in a BG isn't ganking...

it seems the pvp population on this server for the most part is retarded.
and its those retarded people such as urself that make the rules around here with the constant whining to GMs.

0 0

DarkTitan

[Mentally Stable]

(since 14-08-2014 16:53)

Post Posted: 01-10-2013, 18:24:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

^^^^ enough said lol looks like you all covered it all ... this is just bullshit cause GM's got pressured by retards that got butt hurt dying to Botz......
0 0

thedkaccount

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 01-10-2013, 21:50:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Still waiting for this to be corrected or atleast a valid reason from an informed GM as to why you think multi-boxing should be banned in BGs all of a sudden because the above reason is simply untrue, apart from the section where he claims you guys get tons of complaints regarding 1 multi-boxer,other than that the excuse's for banning him from BG's are just complete idiocy.
0 0

Starsene

[Bone Fletcher]

(since 21-04-2022 01:09)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 02-10-2013, 15:56:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Slayerwho wrote:

"tl;dr"
Enough said

He is paying 75-600$ a month,blizzard would never ban people who are willingly throwing cash at them.Here its free at no cost whatsoever other than wasting 2 minutes to make 5 accounts(or in thebotz case 4 since he is always going with a healbot)

0 0

thebotz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 27-10-2014 21:19)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 02-10-2013, 16:30:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The additionnal income blizzard gets from those extra accounts that the little multiboxing populace of retail has is worth jack s*** compared to their total subs or just the sheer amount of retard rage about it on their forums (they'd get more money out of automated botting accounts). If they allow it, it's because it's not cheating.

The money argument regarding multiboxing has always and will always remain a trolly and worthless argument.

The irony of multiboxing is that it only truly shines when it's supported by normal players.

Soulbotz/Botzdotcom. Quad elemental, quad DK, will take full advantage of above statement.
0 0

Macedo931
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 23-05-2015 13:04)

Votes: 49

Post Posted: 03-10-2013, 12:58:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

thebotz wrote:
If they allow it, it's because it's not cheating.

This. There's no in-game difference between (in this case) 4 people with their own, different, characters or 1 guy with 4 same characters. Isn't this supposed to be a "blizzlike" server?
-If yes, then lift the ban for Multiboxing in BGs, remove the donations and vote points (not really blizzlike).
-If, on the other hand, this isn't a blizzlike server, then stop TRYING to be blizzlike, open up all the bosses with Tank&Spank tactics and give us that Fun server environment you are.

0 0

MadnessCaffe
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 06-10-2013 11:59)

Votes: 45

Post Posted: 03-10-2013, 14:00:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

thedkaccount wrote:
MadnessCaffe wrote:

/thread.

He is an individual, and it takes alot of effort to control 4 toons in a BG, if u fought him 4 players vs just him and his 4 toons you will easily win if you know how to play,like u said its working together for a common interest"winning",if you or your team is too retarded and cant kill him then why should the multi-boxer have to be punished for it ?

oh and killing people in a BG isn't ganking...

it seems the pvp population on this server for the most part is retarded.
and its those retarded people such as urself that make the rules around here with the constant whining to GMs.

I abstain to insult you.

I piss on your effort to control 4 chars at once you didn't get my point at all. In a normal BG without any multiboxers, YOU MIGHT NOT get 4 people to attack 1 person at the same time, that's why a BG is about coordination and team work, not 1 *** using 100 chars, THAT destroys the purpose of BGs.

Learn to read (I bet you do selective reading and make an argument based on 2 words).

0 0

thedkaccount

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 03-10-2013, 15:32:58 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Your an idiot.

if nobody wants to coordinate and all attack the same person at once like a multi-boxer would,
then thats not botz's problem and he shouldnt have to suffer by being banned from BG's because of it.

your saying just because he will 99% of the time have 4 toons focus 1 target and alliance players don't bother to coordinate and focus the same target then its not fair ? Surprise

hmm i think its your level of stupidity that destroys BG's, wait no, im certain of it.

if its coordination you want then join our guild, we use teamspeak for our pre-mades. -

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

The time now is 01-10-2024, 09:48:07
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x