User
Pass
2FA

Possibly a new player! Conflicting information though..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message1730
Justinlc91

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-07-2014 21:35)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 10-07-2014, 05:42:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello. I know this is not the right thread for introductions, but I'd like to save that until after I have a couple questions answered. Also I am from the US, English speaking only, and find the forums difficult to navigate..
I have done a little research regarding Freakz and found the "Server Info" tab to be very appealing. Given what I have read on the forum though, it seems there is a lot of conflicting opinions..perhaps their is a gap in recent information?
A quick example of my confusion would be: The server advertises 'thousand(s?) of players' but currently has barely 100..also I believe I read something about the low PvP population?
I'd like for an experienced member of the community to help set this straight for me; along with the following questions:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loremaster - It states on the "Server Info" tab that Loremaster is achievable; is this an implication that questing from 1-85 on x1-x3 rates is simply Blizzlike? Or that there is an auto-complete feature implemented (perhaps GM assistance even)?

Leveling - Can I level on x1 rates and not lose all interest in playing here? I am currently on WoWreach, level 42, and am hating x1 rates!

Dungeoneering - I would like to be a Resto Druid from start to finish.. is there a decent lower level population (disregard this question if the '1k+ population advert is a lie!)?

English community - I believe I read that the majority of players speak English just fine. Does this mean I will find a US/Canadian guild(s!) to level/raid in?

GM/Dev/Admin behaviour - One of the first threads I read had a quote from an Admin (that he had pulled from the thread later on) that was rather rude towards a player who was doing exactly what the GM asked (This is vague on purpose..). I can understand the frustration a community puts on the servers administration; though I am under the impression the admins throw aside professionalism. Is this at all true?

RP / Lore community - Is there a guild or at least community who shares these interests?

Professions - Do they work near 100%? I am particularly interested in Archeology, Cooking, Inscription

Pay to win - Something about $100 for -blank-???

Classes - I read a comment suggesting that Freakz needs to focus on fixing all of the classes to near 100% blizzlike before doing anything else.. This is concerning for me as I'd hate to play an Rdruid and later find they are unable to heal raids due to bugs. Was this suggestion a dramatization or are there unbalances / bugs?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a lot; I expect only the best of the community to reply. Thank you very much in advance!
If there is already a thread that answers the majority/all of these questions (a duplicate player thread or an official blue text) please send me a link, as I said this forum is difficult to navigate.

0 0

miress

[Mentally Stable]

(since 30-06-2016 15:09)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 10-07-2014, 08:02:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Quote:
Loremaster - It states on the "Server Info" tab that Loremaster is achievable; is this an implication that questing from 1-85 on x1-x3 rates is simply Blizzlike? Or that there is an auto-complete feature implemented (perhaps GM assistance even)?

Loremaster is achievable I got it on my war. But you have to do a lot of questing after level 85. Believe me. To complete quests from 1 - 85 is not enough.

0 0

pal0bre

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-06-2020 11:40)

Votes: 21

Post Posted: 10-07-2014, 08:52:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Loremaster: questing here just works, they are fixed to a point where they are completable but not scripted like on retail. So don't expect cutscenes and NPC RP.
Leveling: You can but you are intentionally slowing yourself down for no benefit.
Dungeoneering: RDF on lower levels is not really used that much, at 85 it's a different story.
English community: Your average Exodus player is "good enough" at English so communication issues should not appear. About US/Canadian guilds, I have no idea.
GM/Dev/Admin behaviour: If you are rude or just annoying to a GM then he will respond to you the same way.
RP / Lore community: Don't know.
Professions: They work as expected, there might be a small non-gamebreaking bug here and there but they work.
Pay to win: Here are the prices for the "donation" shop
Classes: You won't really find a severe bug that renders your class unplayable. All spells work as they should with some minor bugs here and there.

0 0

Rainek

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-08-2017 14:24)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 10-07-2014, 10:05:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Rdruid works fine. Every healer works fine. Know your class and you can be successful in both pve and pvp.
Don't bother doing rdf before hitting 85. There's just no ppl queueing, so just abandon your values and level as a feral on max rates, then start having fun.
Loremaster - there's (there was more precisely, i did loremaster some time ago) couple of quests not scripted (autocomplete), couple scripted differently (ex. click the cannon instead of shooting with it or smth) but most of them are blizzlike.

About the english community, i know that there's one annoying canadian in Reckless and many 'muricans in Riders on the Storm (horde side, exodus server still).
Everything else was said before.

0 0

Zohlomg

[DEFIANCE]

(online 2 weeks ago)

Votes: 770

Post Posted: 10-07-2014, 10:58:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

pal0bre wrote:
GM/Dev/Admin behaviour: If you are rude or just annoying to a GM then he will respond to you the same way.

We are not the "professionals" that think "The player must be respected"

We go by the idea that we are all humans, and there's a difference between you and us, we work, you play on our work. As long as you don't disrespect our work in any way, we will respect you.

All the other questions are subject to subjectivity and my answers would not be reliable, but I will answer.

Loremaster - As it says on the website, it is achievable. At least 99% of the quests can be finished in a way or another, some are scripted as good as we could, some lack the roleplaying involved.

Leveling - What exactly increases your interest into a server? By leveling at 1x, you will be one of the few to actually do that. You will see people leveling faster than you around.

Dungeons - Depends on your luck, some players get to level from 15 to 80 with the same group in the same day by doing dungeon, some simply don't because there aren't 4 players with the same level. The population shown on the website is 100% accurate at any given time.

RP / Lore community - As far as I am concerned, very few people actually do something about this. I might be wrong.

Professions - 100% is a big word to say, 100% is overrated anyway. They work fine.

Pay to win - You can pay for ~almost anything in the game. No "special" donator items tho.

Classes - Resto druid is doing more than fine at the moment, you can see all the bugs a class has here: http://forum.wow-freakz.com/CONFIRMED-Class-spells-talents-f1974.html

If any topic is in Romanian, you can request for a translation and it will be done ASAP.

0 0

Macedo931
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 23-05-2015 13:04)

Votes: 49

Post Posted: 10-07-2014, 14:44:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Loremaster - At least 98% of the quests work, one way or another. Some are instant-complete, some are working 50% as they were supposed to (but still doable!), and most are almost completely 'blizzlike'.

English community - You probably won't find a US/Canadian guild per se, but you WILL find a lot of English speaking guilds on Exodus realm (that being the international realm), and the main language on Global chat ("/join Global" when in-game) is English (that being about 80-90% of the time).

GM/Dev/Admin behavior - As Zohl said, GMs/Admins/Devs usually are tolerant and nice, but if a player is an ***, after some time, you can't really stay calm towards him. Most players here are impatient and demand new fixes and new content and whatnot, but the staff number is limited and there's only so much they can do.

RP / Lore community - There are probably more than a few people interested in lore, but I still haven't heard of any guilds that Roleplay (beside the players (hunters) with names like Lleggollass (lol) and stuff like that)

Professions - They work at least 99%, (not sure about Archaeology, that was the last one to get fixed, but I believe it's still doable)

Pay to win - More like pay to get better or to cover up the lack of knowledge of your class.
Regarding that in PvE, only 2 bosses in DS are still not scripted and certain players who haven't donated for gear have only 1-3 items to become Best in Slot (BiS), which I don't think will be a problem at any way for you. Regarding PvP, all cataclysmic gear is available, the Elite one being "a bit harder" to obtain due to not that many people playing 3s, and those who do are here for a long time and are used to the very small bugs/glitches/non-blizzlike-stuff that happen once in a while here. But yes, the geared people with donated Gurthalaks, Fangs of the Father and Tarecgosa's staves, are more likely to pwn your behind than the others who haven't donated(unless you're damn good at what you do).

Classes - Yes, Freakz has a few bugs and problems here and there, but don't make this confuse you. All classes and almost all specs are playable. Those bugs that remain unfixed will not, in any way, prevent you to heal your raid.

0 0

Needlegunxz

[Dominus Nox]

(since 01-01-2019 21:16)

Votes: 13

Post Posted: 10-07-2014, 22:37:33 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Justinlc91 wrote:
Hello. I know this is not the right thread for introductions, but I'd like to save that until after I have a couple questions answered. Also I am from the US, English speaking only, and find the forums difficult to navigate..
I have done a little research regarding Freakz and found the "Server Info" tab to be very appealing. Given what I have read on the forum though, it seems there is a lot of conflicting opinions..perhaps their is a gap in recent information?
A quick example of my confusion would be: The server advertises 'thousand(s?) of players' but currently has barely 100..also I believe I read something about the low PvP population?
I'd like for an experienced member of the community to help set this straight for me; along with the following questions:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leveling - Can I level on x1 rates and not lose all interest in playing here? I am currently on WoWreach, level 42, and am hating x1 rates!

Dungeoneering - I would like to be a Resto Druid from start to finish.. is there a decent lower level population (disregard this question if the '1k+ population advert is a lie!)?

English community - I believe I read that the majority of players speak English just fine. Does this mean I will find a US/Canadian guild(s!) to level/raid in?

GM/Dev/Admin behaviour - One of the first threads I read had a quote from an Admin (that he had pulled from the thread later on) that was rather rude towards a player who was doing exactly what the GM asked (This is vague on purpose..). I can understand the frustration a community puts on the servers administration; though I am under the impression the admins throw aside professionalism. Is this at all true?

RP / Lore community - Is there a guild or at least community who shares these interests?

Professions - Do they work near 100%? I am particularly interested in Archeology, Cooking, Inscription

Pay to win - Something about $100 for -blank-???

Classes - I read a comment suggesting that Freakz needs to focus on fixing all of the classes to near 100% blizzlike before doing anything else.. This is concerning for me as I'd hate to play an Rdruid and later find they are unable to heal raids due to bugs. Was this suggestion a dramatization or are there unbalances / bugs?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a lot; I expect only the best of the community to reply. Thank you very much in advance!
If there is already a thread that answers the majority/all of these questions (a duplicate player thread or an official blue text) please send me a link, as I said this forum is difficult to navigate.

tbh some classes and specs have devastating bugs and are almost unplayble (frost dk,assassination rogue).resto druid is fine though

0 0

Justinlc91

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-07-2014 21:35)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 10-07-2014, 22:54:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

A lot of what I read sounds like Wowreach; being that I have a level 40 there already I am hesitant to drop him.
It opens my eyes to that their isn't an emphasis on blizz-like questing for Cata servers (AstralWoW spoiled me towards this) so perhaps, given your population is bigger and your English community is stronger, I will give this server a try at max rates.

Thank you all very much. I hope this thread can help others define this server in an accurate and up to date manner.

0 0

Macedo931
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 23-05-2015 13:04)

Votes: 49

Post Posted: 10-07-2014, 23:56:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Needlegunxz wrote:
tbh some classes and specs have devastating bugs and are almost unplayable (frost dk,assassination rogue). resto druid is fine though

Let's be honest, only the Assassination spec rogue is truly unplayable. I've seen Frost DKs good in both PvE and PvP.

0 0

tyslaj

[Mentally Stable]

(since 14-06-2020 22:57)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 11-07-2014, 03:43:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Should be noted that loremaster (mostly Vash'jr or w/e its called) takes an insane time since the water mount isnt working (maybe it is now, wasnt since like 3-4? months back)

"A quick example of my confusion would be: The server advertises 'thousand(s?) of players' but currently has barely 100"
This is most likely that during the time you posted, it was like 6am SVT and theres mostly europeans on Freakz

0 0

Needlegunxz

[Dominus Nox]

(since 01-01-2019 21:16)

Votes: 13

Post Posted: 11-07-2014, 16:53:33 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I have always known that ur definition of "good" should be read as "casual" ,but anyway threat of thassarian is not even properly so frost dk is loosing like 15% of dps or more

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 27-04-2024, 14:40:17
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x