User
Pass
2FA

PvP Revival Project

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message3587
Njurax

[Mentally Stable]

(since 27-06-2017 16:45)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 16-09-2015, 17:42:30 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello, evening, morning, etc ... @Shocker, @Super moderators, @Moderators, @WoW GM, @Community
I've decided to make this topic after analyzing the current situation in the PvP system, I've red most of the posts and previous suggestions, and I would like to propose a slightly different approach, but also, designed on the basis of your ideas.

1. What is very noticeable is that people don't que for 3v3, and this is because they have nothing to gain, besides die-hard players who seek glory beyond 2.2+

Solution:
The ordinary should be encouraged to participate, and we must understand that not everybody has the nature of PvP in his blood, and that he needs to be motivated.

Proposals:
- +50 gold per lose, +100 gold per win, in 2v2 (I've chosen gold instead of honor, because obtaining honor would reduce Battleground quality)
- +100 gold per lose, +200 gold per win, in 3v3
- Switching pvp items requirements from just "2v2" to "2v2 and 3v3", with a rating system matching the achievement requirements:
*Head ------------ 2000 3v3
*Shoulders ------ 2000 2v2
*Chest ----------- 1750 3v3
*Gloves ---------- 1750 2v2
*Legs ------------ 1550 3v3
*Weapons ------- 1550 2v2 (PvP Equality)

Explanation:
- The PvE player gets gold after each boss kill, so should the player PvP, obtain gold for each participation
A rough calculation:
100 2v2 arenas per week with WinRate 60% => 8000 gold per week (doesn't bother the server economy)
50 3v3 arenas per week with WinRate 50% => 7500 gold per week (doesn't bother the server economy)
- Switching rating requirements for items from "2v2" to "2v2 and 3v3" is self explanatory.

2. Implementation of an "3v3 Solo-Que Cross-Faction" instead of the current, inactive, 5v5 Bracket.

Notifications:
- This Bracket WILL BENEFIT from Gold Bonus (2v2) and Item Rating (3v3) due to the mixed style that it offers.
- This Bracket WILL NOT BENEFIT from TITLES, MOUNTS and TABARDS due to its nature.
- Details on the functionality of this Bracket:
* To simplify deployment, will be able to enter only "Solo Que"
* For practical reasons, team comps will be "2 DPS + 1 Heal"

3. New MMR and Conquest Points Cap system

(Chapter 3 was fully accomplished)

4. RATE will degrade along with inactivity.

Proposal:
- If a player does not play at least 10 arenas a week, in each Bracket, his rates at the end of the week will drop by 10% (2000 rate => 1800 rating) in the respective brackets.
* Note: Anti-Fraud Method, against players who try to "sleep" on a high rating.
* Note: The method to create the best Fair-Play experience!
* Note: I'm trying to create a situation similar to the real world of sports, where if you do not play, with time, your market value decreases.

5. Arena Spectate NPC

Proposal:
- Remove the NPC
OR
- Remove all options except: Spectate desired player

*Note: This will generate an increase in arena activity.
Tens of spectators that could play arenas, prefer to watch other people playing.
This NPC promotes shady activities that affect the PvP Scene.

6. Cross-faction BGs with 450 ilvl requirements:

Proposal:
- BGs will become cross-faction (Accomplished)
- Minimum ilvl required to join a battleground will be set to 450

Explanation for the 450 ilvl idea:
- Balanced BGs -> avoiding farming / flaming / afk -> positive mentality
- Tol Barad Zone becomes more populated -> conflicts -> World PvP
- Conflicts -> Rivalries -> Premades -> Quality BGs
- More need for Contender Gear -> Professions -> Economy
- Increased RDF activity -> fail -> retry -> success -> knowledge
- Overall, more balanced and actively-played content

Explanation for the Cross-Faction idea:
- First of all, I am an Alliance player, and I am tired to see the same thing happening over and over again in BGs.
The Alliance is camping Horde respawn points, it dominates it and the queues are very long.
- The cross-faction was implemented with success in PvE, why is it not added in PvP as well ?!
It would solve all the faction related problems and the power difference between them.

7. World PvP

Proposal:
- PvP ON, in contested areas (Tol Barad, Capitals and adjacent territories - Elwynn Forest, Durotar, s.o.)
- PvP OFF, in PvE areas (Shrines, Dalaran, Shattrath and adjacent territories)
- PvP ON / OFF, throughout the rest of the world

Explanation:
- Contested Areas : war areas or places that need to be defended, following the World of Warcraft lore => PvP ON
- PvE Areas : places where the Horde and the Alliance join forcess to vanquish greater evils => PvP OFF
- Rest of the World : exploration areas, farming areas and so on => PvP ON / OFF (with toggle)

Comment:
This post was created in order to raise the PvP quality on the server, according to the author.
I invite you to contribute with your suggestions, pros or cons, regarding the ideas that were presented.
If you have suggestions differing from the subject of this thread, please give them elsewhere.

Please keep an appropriate language and a mature and constructive attitude.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Last edited by Njurax on 11-11-2015, 11:48:46; edited 12 times in total
0 0

Sniperbeeqt

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-02-2017 17:56)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 17-09-2015, 16:45:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sniperbee,top 1 EU approves of the first two steps
0 0

spynux

[Mentally Stable]

(since 24-12-2016 21:36)

Votes: 27

Post Posted: 20-09-2015, 23:11:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Njurax wrote:
- If a player does not play at least 10 arenas a week, in each Bracket, his rates at the end of the week will drop by 10% (2000 rate => -200 rating) in the respective brackets. (The new system will allow lost MMR rate's recovery to be much faster)
* Note: I'm trying to create a situation similar to the real world of sports, where if you do not play, with time, your market value decreases.

you wot m8?
some people go in vacation , some people might have connection problems , some people might have irl lifes (???) why would u lower their rate ?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Duduferalul/advanced
http://www.twitch.tv/bobocvlad
0 0

Njurax

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 21-09-2015, 00:47:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

spynux wrote:
Njurax wrote:
- If a player does not play at least 10 arenas a week, in each Bracket, his rates at the end of the week will drop by 10% (2000 rate => -200 rating) in the respective brackets. (The new system will allow lost MMR rate's recovery to be much faster)

you wot m8?
some people go in vacation , some people might have connection problems , some people might have irl lifes (???) why would u lower their rate ?

It's intended for the highest rated arena players, go big or go home!

0 0

kakarotxz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 24-01-2017 11:52)

Votes: 10

Post Posted: 21-09-2015, 02:09:30 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Njurax wrote:
Hello, evening, morning, etc ... @Shocker, @Super moderators, @Moderators, @WoW GM, @Community
I've decided to make this topic after analyzing the current situation in the PvP system, I've red most of the posts and previous suggestions, and I would like to propose a slightly different approach, but also, designed on the basis of your ideas.

1. What is very noticeable is that people don't que for 3v3, and this is because they have nothing to gain, besides die-hard players who seek glory in 2.2+

Solution:
The ordinary should be encouraged to participate, and we must understand that not everybody has the nature of PvP in his blood, and that he needs to be motivated.

Proposals:
- +50 gold per lose, 100 gold per win, in 2v2 (I went for gold, not honor, because getting the honor would reduce the quality of sites BG)
- +100 gold per lose, 250 gold per win, in 3v3
- Switching pvp items from just "2v2" to "2v2 and 3v3", with a rating system matching the level of difficulty:
* Head ------------- 2200 2v2 - 3v3 2000
* Shoulders ------- 2000 2v2 - 3v3 1850
* Chest, Weapon - 1850 2v2 - 3v3 1700
* Legs ------------- 1750 2v2 - 3v3 1600
* Gloves ----------- 1550 2v2 - 3v3 1400

Explanation:
- The PvE player gets gold after each boss kill, so should the player PvP, obtain gold for each participation
A rough calculation:
100 2v2 arenas per week with WinRate 60% => 8000 gold per week (doesn't bother the server economy)
50 3v3 arenas per week with WinRate 50% => 8750 gold per week (doesn't bother the server economy)
- Switching rating requirements for items from "2v2" to "2v2 and 3v3" is self explanatory.

2. Implementation of an "3v3 Solo-Que" instead of the current, inactive, 5v5 Bracket. (perhaps even cross-faction?!?)

Notifications:
- This Bracket WILL BENEFIT from Gold Bonus (2v2) and Item Rating (3v3) due to the mixed style that it offers.
- This Bracket WILL NOT BENEFIT from TITLES, MOUNTS and TABARDS due to its nature.
- Details on the functionality of this Bracket:
* To simplify deployment, will be able to enter only "Solo Que"
* For practical reasons, team comps will be "2 DPS + 1 Heal"
* MMR system will be the one used in the 3v3 bracket, AFTER drafting the teams.

3. Do not forget, "Player vs. Player" is a sport, like any sport, it is well paid, making the show (SPECTATE) and it is competitive.

Proposals:
- Several NPCs of "Arena spectator" in every main city and populated areas (duel zones, shrine, etc.)
- A player's MMR change will be equal to the variation of his RATE in that Bracket.
- Rating variation CAP will no longer exist (as discussed previously with staff about the MMR system, to be implemented next season)

Explanation:
- Arena Rating Variation = Variation of Match Making Rating (MMR) - pretty simple and straightforward here
- No Cap for Rating Variations refers to the fact that a player can win or lose much more rating, according to the differences of MMR.

4. RATE will degrade along with inactivity. (Anti-Fraud Method)

Proposal:

5. Anti-Fraud method easy to implement (replaces pt. 4.)

Proposal:
- If a player does not play at least 10 arenas a week, his CAP for Conquest Points, the next week, will be minimal.
* Note: An inferior strategy compared to the one from pt. 4.
* Note: For those who consider that paragraph 4 would be too difficult to implement.

Comment:
This post was created in order to raise the quality of the playstyle on the server, according to the author.
We invite you to contribute with your suggestions, pros or cons, regarding the ideas that were presented.
If you have suggestions differing from the subject of this thread, please give them elsewhere.

Please keep an appropriate language and a mature and consctructive attitude.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

+1

Ca sã-þi pierzi capul, trebuie sã-l ai.
0 0

Sumoo

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-04-2019 08:48)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 22-09-2015, 20:09:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I really like some of your suggestions! Freakz staff should really care more about PVP considered how bad situation is atm. Find a way to bring some people to server...

0 0

Hanrypotter
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 26-09-2015 15:51)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 22-09-2015, 22:08:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sumoo wrote:
I really like some of your suggestions! Freakz staff should really care more about PVP considered how bad situation is atm. Find a way to bring some people to server...

Pet battle ftw

0 0

Sumoo

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-04-2019 08:48)

Votes: 25

Post Posted: 22-09-2015, 23:11:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hanrypotter wrote:
Sumoo wrote:

Pet battle ftw

0 0

spynux

[Mentally Stable]

(since 24-12-2016 21:36)

Votes: 27

Post Posted: 06-10-2015, 15:50:38 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Njurax wrote:
spynux wrote:
Njurax wrote:

you wot m8?

It's intended for the highest rated arena players, go big or go home!

so what? "its inteded for the higehest rated players" ok

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Duduferalul/advanced
http://www.twitch.tv/bobocvlad
0 0

Wolfenstein

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-04-2018 09:12)

Votes: 29

Post Posted: 18-10-2015, 15:57:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

O sugestie pt BG-uri in special la hoarda :
- Sa se impuna un minim item lvl pt intrat in bg gen 480 acum ca oricum la alianta sunt mereu aceleasi grupulete de premade care stau o ora in q intra si farmeaza playeri de 200k HP si sunt pro playeri au facut pvp asa daca la hoarda intra lume cu ilvl mai mare aia care mai intra ca toti s-au dus la alianta (parca le da alianta miere gold si iteme gratis) macar asa putem avea o sansa contra la ¨pro playeri ¨...

0 0

Njurax

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 04-11-2015, 21:09:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I've updated the initial topic.
Most notable changes under:
-Chapter 1
-Chapter 5
-Chapter 6
-Chapter 7

0 0

Ajsi
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 19-12-2015 05:49)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 06-11-2015, 05:21:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Everything except : 1.
It can ruin economy , and we have enough farmers already.
Make unique titles for "the most arenas won (not the highest rate)", "the most players killed in arenas" etc...
I see its hopeless to write about world pvp, since staff members are obviously against it (callin on players)...
But very nice +1...
Ofc arenas wont improve if community dont improve. Its very bad, full of "farmers and pve players (prob. "clickers", "noobs" etc that are only able to learn some tactic and to repeat it over and over again).
So more "pvp players" have to find this server and the reason to play here.
+1

0 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

(since 19-05-2019 19:46)

Votes: 223

Post Posted: 06-11-2015, 13:57:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Unique titles would ruin the blizzlike model.

Ashcool - TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE - Please contact Denim.

0 0

Ajsi
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 19-12-2015 05:49)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 07-11-2015, 00:07:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Blizzlike? this is far from blizzlike with "questing zone" Tol barad, world bosses in dungeons, enraged guards that can 2 shot Bis geared non tank players, that are supposed to defend kings?!?! Arena spectator, portals to everywhere, instant fly paths.... and 1 word in your name will ruin something that you call blizzlike? are you kidding me?

Posturi unite automat, 07-11-2015, 00:07:27

i like almost everything here (dont get me wrong) , but it isnt blizzlke that much to be honest.

0 0

Njurax

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 11-11-2015, 11:39:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Chapter 1:
I've changed the rating requirements for obtaining gear.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by LethalFactorLK, 05 June 2016 10:26

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 28-04-2024, 01:33:41
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x