User
Pass
2FA

Instant flight paths optional
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message4623
Articuno

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-12-2016 09:32)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 06-10-2015, 15:18:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello everyone,

I think it would be cool to have the instant flight paths as an optional feature, with a possibility to set it on or off the same way we can set our XP rate.

Most people like them the way they are, but there are also many "full blizzlike freaks" (including me). With all the gradual progression, possibility to set all our rates to x1 and quite well scripted Pandaria quests Freakz is the closest to retail we can get. The instant flight paths are the only major form of server customization that can't be switched off.

I think making instant flight paths an option could result in a slight population increase. I myself have like four friends who were pretty hyped about Freakz until they found out they can't switch off this feature.

1 0

Ravenous

[Retired E5150]

(since 28-12-2023 12:30)

Votes: 234

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 07-10-2015, 09:23:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

^I agree, unfortunately, there is an issue concerning the pathing of those gryphons/mounts etc which are supposed to get you from a point to another. The gryphons etc pass directly through textures. I can't think of any good solution to this, unless you test all the points and see what is wrong with each one of them.

Shocker?

I AM NO LONGER A GAMEMASTER, PLEASE SEE SERVER STAFF

0 0

LethalFactorLK

[Very Important Person]

(since 03-03-2021 16:57)

Votes: 220

Post Posted: 07-10-2015, 10:02:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Articuno wrote:
Hello everyone,

I think it would be cool to have the instant flight paths as an optional feature, with a possibility to set it on or off the same way we can set our XP rate.

Most people like them the way they are, but there are also many "full blizzlike freaks" (including me). With all the gradual progression, possibility to set all our rates to x1 and quite well scripted Pandaria quests Freakz is the closest to retail we can get. The instant flight paths are the only major form of server customization that can't be switched off.

I think making instant flight paths an option could result in a slight population increase. I myself have like four friends who were pretty hyped about Freakz until they found out they can't switch off this feature.

Hi,

The thing is dude a vast majority of people (about 90%) don't care about flight path if its flying or not cause its not a core part of the game

Freakz offers way better raids and content patch wise, isn't that what we want to gear up and raid ,not some flight path animations .

Cheers

Last edited by LethalFactorLK on 12-01-2016, 15:04:21; edited 1 time in total
1 0

Articuno

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 07-10-2015, 10:46:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I am no developer, but I know many servers had this issue and managed to solve it somehow. I think what they did was log in to a Retail account, take a flight path from one point to another and "record" it with an external program. Is that called sniffing?
Maybe some already recorded data could be found on the Internet?

I might be wrong, but the issue on another server with similar problem was that the flight time was implemented, but not the path. It resulted with the player flying directly from point A to point B through the textures (in much shorter time than it should be), being able to do some stuff at point B, and then, when the "flight timer" finally went to zero, the player was pulled from wherever he was at the moment to point B.

Maybe, to clarify:

00:00 The player standing in point A clicks and starts flying. On Retail, the route should take 2 minutes.
01:00 The player arrives to point B too fast by flying through textures, but the "timer" is still running.
01:30 The player is already away from point B, killing some mobs or whatever.
02:00 The player is suddenly pulled from wherever he is to point B and gets a heart attack from the shock.

This is how it looked like on another server and one day it got fixed. The devs said that "the time was there, just not the path".

I of course don't know if exactly this the issue also on Freakz, I'm just providing all the information I have :)

Posturi unite automat, 07-10-2015, 11:46:44

LethalFactorLK wrote:

Hi,

The thing is dude a vast majority of people (about 90%) don't care about flight path if its flying or not cause its not a core part of the game

Freakz offers way better raids and content patch wise, isn't that what we want to gear up and raid ,not some flight path animations .

Cheers

I'm also a raider, but since I remember such little things always mattered to me, and I know many people who think the same. I have a friend who is an Achievement freak, and a server that has every single Achi working would be a heaven tho him. My girlfriend who plays WoW plays it purely for solo content. She does the quests for the story in them (Loremaster!), but is not interested in raiding, she's done only every 5man once to know what it is about. Another friend of mine doesn't like raiding or PvP, he just plays the AH and stocks piles of gold. Different people like different things -

What I am talking about is a choice. The choice would make these 10% of blizzlike freaks happy, without doing any harm to the 90% who don't care.

1 0

fuckyourlife

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-10-2015 18:58)

Post Posted: 09-10-2015, 20:27:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

i like the instant fly, but can't you just make custom fly points maybe? cant be too hard to script?

0 0

Orga

[Ataraxia]

(since 30-10-2023 02:42)

Votes: 872

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/ItsOrga/ 
Post Posted: 10-10-2015, 01:02:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

No offense , this sounds pretty dumb to me but i respect your opinion , i guess if shocker has time he might do it , but this will have a very very low priority on fixes even if he decides to take it in consideration -

0 0

Articuno

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 10-10-2015, 10:03:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

If fixing this requires something a non-developer like me can do, I volunteer.
0 0

rawhunger

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-01-2021 23:38)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 16-10-2015, 09:33:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Articuno wrote:
Hello everyone,

I agree with this guy. The instant travel is the ONLY thing about WoW-Freakz that keeps it from being my main PS. Call me crazy (most do), but I like the gryph flight animation, flying over the land, seeing the mobs and players below doing whatever... this is one of the things that I've always found great about World of Warcraft.

If the normal flight could be implemented as a player-set option, I'd be all for it.

0 0

dzvera

[Maniac]

(since 01-01-2020 19:36)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 21-10-2015, 12:57:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

rawhunger wrote:
Articuno wrote:
Hello everyone,

I agree with this guy. The instant travel is the ONLY thing about WoW-Freakz that keeps it from being my main PS. Call me crazy (most do), but I like the gryph flight animation, flying over the land, seeing the mobs and players below doing whatever... this is one of the things that I've always found great about World of Warcraft.

If the normal flight could be implemented as a player-set option, I'd be all for it.

u crazy, mon

0 0

troncho

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-02-2018 19:32)

Votes: 23

Post Posted: 20-12-2015, 07:25:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I'm right there with you guys

I just migrated to this awesome server, but this feature just rubs me the wrong way

I mean, it's not like i like "wasting" 2 min on a fly path, but idk... it feels more real, blizz like

this insta fp feels a bit like coitus interruptus in an otherwise really nice scripted server

0 0

LethalFactorLK

[Very Important Person]

Post Posted: 20-12-2015, 08:10:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

troncho wrote:

I just migrated to this awesome server, but this feature just rubs me the wrong way

I mean, it's not like i like "wasting" 2 min on a fly path, but idk... it feels more real, blizz like

this insta fp feels a bit like coitus interruptus in an otherwise really nice scripted server

This isn't a priority more than 99% people dont mind it

Have fun playing

0 0

Swann

[Mentally Stable]

(since 21-12-2016 11:00)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 20-12-2015, 19:21:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I absolutely LOVE the way it is now, and this is one of the big reasons i don't like retail, honestly, on blizz, if you want to go from stormwind to the eastern plaguelands, you click to fly there, and watch a movie, when the movie is over, you're still flying over blasted lands... it's a waste of time, so... keep it this way, please, it's one of the things that make freakz good.

0 0

troncho

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-02-2018 19:32)

Votes: 23

Post Posted: 20-12-2015, 21:26:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

LethalFactorLK wrote:
troncho wrote:

This isn't a priority more than 99% people dont mind it

Have fun playing

yeah I completely understand, you guys are not offering bliz like realm

still, it's very very nicely scripted. congrats <3

0 0

Articuno

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 12-01-2016, 02:27:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Swann wrote:
I absolutely LOVE the way it is now, and this is one of the big reasons i don't like retail, honestly, on blizz, if you want to go from stormwind to the eastern plaguelands, you click to fly there, and watch a movie, when the movie is over, you're still flying over blasted lands... it's a waste of time, so... keep it this way, please, it's one of the things that make freakz good.

The whole thing is not about taking this feature from you, it's about giving players a choice - You like it - you switch it on, you don't - you switch it off. Just like with the xp rates or raid finder message spam.

The blue post has apparently left no hope for us weirdos though.

0 0

LethalFactorLK

[Very Important Person]

Post Posted: 12-01-2016, 15:02:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi,

Its just that its More important for the PvE & PvP content + Spells to get fixed/optimized rather than instant flight animations.

Regards
Lethal

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Ashcool, 20 January 2016 12:18

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

The time now is 03-05-2024, 22:08:06
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x