User
Pass
2FA

[EN] Fixing BlizzardUI Errors

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message2979
dittopinguin3

[Mentally Stable]

(since 30-01-2019 02:29)

Votes: 19

Post Posted: 16-03-2016, 00:09:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I am writing this short guide on how to fix the errors that don't allow you to view your talents/glyphs, and similar stuff, that are a result of disabled Blizzard addons, because I see many people complaining about them recently (I have experienced something similar, as well).

First of all, if you encounter any BlizzardUI errors in game, you are usually asked to either "Disable" the respective addon, or to "Ignore" the issue. While disabling the addon might make the error box disappear, it will also make some content of the game unavailable until it's enabled again. For example, disabling Blizzard_GlyphUI this way will make it impossible to view and/or change your glyphs (entering the glyphs tab will just pop up an error that this addon is disabled).

Now, most people will ask on global how to fix this issue, and 9 out of 10 times someone will say: "Go to the wow-freakz website, connection guide, and download new Blizzard addons to replace those in your addons folder". This will fix the corrupted files issue, but won't enable the addons that you have disabled, so you will still have an issue of not being able to see the glyphs tab (an example from earlier). This is how you can easily fix such issues:

1. Go to your WoW folder;
2. Once there, open the "WTF" folder;
3. In the WTF folder, open the "Account" folder;
4. Now you will have a list of all the accounts you ever used since you installed this WoW, and just choose the one which you're using right now on freakz (the one with the character which is having the errors);
5. Now choose the "Genesis" folder, because that's where your characters folder is located;
6. Choose the folder of the character which is having the errors;
7. Now open the text document "AddOns" with a text editor;
8. In this folder, you have a list of all your custom addons, and the default Blizzard addons which are DISABLED. Just replace "disabled" with "enabled" next to those addons, and they should be working in game again with no problems (don't use "" here, just write enabled, like it's written next to other addons -).

I hope those in need of this "fix" will find this helpful, and be able to once more enjoy playing WoW normally :D

P.S. - I suggest doing this "fix" together with downloading the new BlizzardUI addons from the freakz website

( https://forum.wow-freakz.com/EN-Mists-of-Pandaria-Installation-Guide-t359855.html )

Enjoy !

4 0

madau

[the Insane]

(since 11-11-2021 17:01)

Votes: 97

Post Posted: 16-03-2016, 00:11:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I recommend this! I also posted this about an year ago but it got lost in time.
Great job for bringing it back!

Vengeance is in my heart, death in my hand,
Blood and revenge are hammering in my head.

1 0

Ventress90

[Assasin]

(since 09-10-2017 00:02)

Votes: 105

Post Posted: 23-03-2016, 00:01:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Added your mini-guide to the topic, here: https://forum.wow-freakz.com/LIST-User-Interface-bugs-t416004.html

Good job!

| The COMPLETE Rogue PvE guide | Legendary Cloak Questline - GUIDE |

1 0

Burebysta

[Retired Veteran]

(since 27-08-2022 20:01)

Votes: 245

Post Posted: 23-03-2016, 00:30:30 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Good job. Sticky-ed it.

1 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by LethalFactorLK, 09 July 2016 17:37

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 19-04-2024, 09:18:13
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x