User
Pass
2FA

[FIXED] [Warlock][Affliction][Spell] Soul Swap snapshotting
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message4936
Seyrox
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 24-11-2018 18:47)

Votes: 201

Post Posted: 08-05-2016, 23:03:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: https://www.google.ro/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&&ion=1&&espv=2&&ie=UTF-8#q=wow+soul+swap+freakz
Bug description: It isn't affected by haste.
Proof: https://youtube.com/watch?v=xvgzQGzjLQg:

There was a bug where you can have your first tier of dots with full procs for the entire fight, this means it snapshotted crit haste and damage. The only thing i can find is that small adnotation which says that corruption and unstable affliction are still affected by haste meaning if you got 200% haste when you do that trick it will still remain with 200% haste but not the same crit or damage.

Also https://youtube.com/watch?v=-KSepczsks8:

14:53 the 4th target and the 3rd get the same ammount of damage at the same time 24848 same at 14:56 25704

Same with https://youtube.com/watch?v=m0-EPPv_eWE:

1:05 notice how the first target to get targeted was the far left and on that minute meta gem fades, same with berserking and still get 72226 on all the 3 targets

@dreadblade

Demonolgy Warlock Guide 5.4.8

0 0

concuftw

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-04-2019 20:27)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 08-05-2016, 23:42:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@shocker
0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 09-05-2016, 09:56:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Seyrox wrote:
The only thing i can find is that small adnotation which says that corruption and unstable affliction are still affected by haste meaning if you got 200% haste when you do that trick it will still remain with 200% haste but not the same crit or damage.
Huh? Now you say they should snapshot haste but not crit/damage? I don't understand

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

Seyrox
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 09-05-2016, 11:52:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shocker wrote:
Seyrox wrote:
The only thing i can find is that small adnotation which says that corruption and unstable affliction are still affected by haste meaning if you got 200% haste when you do that trick it will still remain with 200% haste but not the same crit or damage.
Huh? Now you say they should snapshot haste but not crit/damage? I don't understand

No i meant the bug was still working but only for haste for unstable affliction and corruption. Look at the videos. The bug consissted in keeping the initial super buffed dots for the entire fight.

0 0

KremX

[Very Important Person]

(since 18-05-2020 21:15)

Votes: 42

Post Posted: 09-05-2016, 13:51:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Actually after ydays fix Soul Swap doesn't work at all. You can Soul Burn / Soul Swap but you cant Soul Swap from one target to another.

0 0

Seyrox
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 09-05-2016, 15:21:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Well this need to be fixed asap, and maybe the haste too

0 0

Around

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-04-2018 00:58)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 09-05-2016, 17:15:58 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Since WOTLK (hotfix with icc) haste cannot be snapshotet its actually a live shot, if u get an haste procc all dots profit from the haste increase.

It means when a dot ticks all 3sec and you get a haste increase through BL or smth else the duration between the ticks decrease without refreshing the dots its actual a live system, if the buff run out the dot normalize his tick duration.

only crit/int could be snap shottet.

Knowledge is might
0 0

Seyrox
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 09-05-2016, 18:37:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Doubt that is true, even with the videos i have posted. I will look up for a blue post or a comment from battle.net

Update @ 09-05-2016, 19:15:52

Around wrote:
Since WOTLK (hotfix with icc) haste cannot be snapshotet its actually a live shot, if u get an haste procc all dots profit from the haste increase.

It means when a dot ticks all 3sec and you get a haste increase through BL or smth else the duration between the ticks decrease without refreshing the dots its actual a live system, if the buff run out the dot normalize his tick duration.

only crit/int could be snap shottet.

WoD Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Spell Haste %, Melee Haste %, and Ranged Haste % have been merged into a universal Haste %.
Periodic effects no longer snapshot and no longer have breakpoints. Rating conversions were squished.

Taken from wowpedia this means that in 5.4.8 this could still be snapshotted and since soul swap basically snapshots all the dots and power it means that it need to snapshot haste too.

Also listen to what he says at 1:50 https://youtube.com/watch?v=dKX8ckluxzk:

Update @ 09-05-2016, 19:37:35

And this
Quote:
Soul Swap now has no cooldown, and works just like the old glyphed version, giving many affliction warlocks the playstyle they've been begging for. Simply inhale, switch target, exhale, inhale the copied dots, repeat. Even better, the copied dots preserve their power, so you can spread empowered dots from one target to all targets.

If you really want to abuse this power, both in PvP and PvE, you can throw in seeds.

Soulburn: Seed of Corruption, regular Seed of Corruption, Soulburn: Soul swap. At this point you have 5 dots on the target, 3 core dots and 2 seeds; (because SB:SOC is coded as a different spell than SOC, and they stack). Inhale immediately, before the seeds blow up. You now have two seeds saved in your inhale. Breath on new target, inhale before they explode, and repeat. You can effectively double-seed everything in range. In PvP, it will stress enemy healers beyond what they can handle, and in PvE, its just pure raw power. (though sometimes RNG might gib you, and your old seed will blow up right as you lay the new seed on, blowing those up as well before you can inhale, and you have to re-seed

taken from wowhead

0 0

Seyrox
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 10-05-2016, 17:35:47 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I think i found the proper proof
Quote:
Debuffs spread with soul swap use inhaled stats, rather than whatever stats you have.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12673098877?page=1

Quote:
Let's say you get necrotic strikes stacked on you. When you cast damage debuffs, they will tick 10% slower than normal if you still have the necrotic strike debuff. If the necrotic strikes are then cleansed, and you soul swap the previously cast debuffs to a new target, those debuffs will also tick 10% slower, even though you don't have necrotic strikes on you.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12673098877?page=2

@shocker (sorry for voicemail just want this fixed)

0 0

africa

[Royalty insde my DNA]

(since 23-05-2023 10:52)

Votes: 32

Post Posted: 11-05-2016, 11:31:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

What isn't affected by haste?
You mean that if you do a 2000 haste corruption on a target, inhale and then exhale on another target it will have a different haste? Lower or smaller, compared to your currents stats.

Soulswap says: You copy your Shadow damage-over-time effects from the target, preserving their power and duration. So if you inhale at 3 seconds Corruption, you exhale a 3 second corruption. That first video is obsolete.

Also where is your in game proof? If all of you threw bugs over the place with not proof, nothing would get fixed. It takes time to research and search, you know?

Corruption has the same duration, the damage and the periodicity of the ticks is increased according to the haste.

Soul Swap on all targets, they all do the same BL increased damage.

Same with UA.

Crit is copied.

Mastery isn't copied. Dummy to the right had Bless of Might (3000 mastery) on, took it off and did Soul Swap.

0 0

Seyrox
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 11-05-2016, 16:13:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

africa wrote:
What isn't affected by haste?
You mean that if you do a 2000 haste corruption on a target, inhale and then exhale on another target it will have a different haste? Lower or smaller, compared to your currents stats.

Soulswap says: You copy your Shadow damage-over-time effects from the target, preserving their power and duration. So if you inhale at 3 seconds Corruption, you exhale a 3 second corruption. That first video is obsolete.

Also where is your in game proof? If all of you threw bugs over the place with not proof, nothing would get fixed. It takes time to research and search, you know?

Corruption has the same duration, the damage and the periodicity of the ticks is increased according to the haste.

Soul Swap on all targets, they all do the same BL increased damage.

Same with UA.

Crit is copied.

Mastery isn't copied. Dummy to the right had Bless of Might (3000 mastery) on, took it off and did Soul Swap.

When crit was fixed https://forum.wow-freakz.com/FIXED-Warlock-Afliction-Soul-Swap-snapshotting-t416712.html shocker said this
Quote:
No info about haste snapshot, post separate bug report if haste should be snapshotted too

I haven't tested for mastery that's the point, i was talking that he said that haste doesn't get snapshotted through soul swap, meaning if you have haste procs the soulswapped dots won't benefit from that bonus haste that you have. I haven't tested for mastery because i thought it was working fine, thanks for that.

EDIT: Tested the haste, it works fine, but i found something weird

http://imgur.com/XXRkrly

I applied corruption to the right target with no procs then i soul swapped it at around 7 stacks of wushoolay and you can see the left dummy does more damage than the right one, meaning when you soul swap the damage of your dots gets recalculated based on your intellect procs.

0 0

africa

[Royalty insde my DNA]

Post Posted: 11-05-2016, 16:47:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Seyrox wrote:

When crit was fixed https://forum.wow-freakz.com/FIXED-Warlock-Afliction-Soul-Swap-snapshotting-t416712.html shocker said this
Quote:
No info about haste snapshot, post separate bug report if haste should be snapshotted too

I haven't tested for mastery that's the point, i was talking that he said that haste doesn't get snapshotted through soul swap, meaning if you have haste procs the soulswapped dots won't benefit from that bonus haste that you have. I haven't tested for mastery because i thought it was working fine, thanks for that.

I applied corruption to the right target with no procs then i soul swapped it at around 7 stacks of wushoolay and you can see the left dummy does more damage than the right one, meaning when you soul swap the damage of your dots gets recalculated based on your intellect procs.

So any chance you can test a bug before posting it here? You're just throwing out bugs and we have to test them when you can just as easily do it...

0 0

Seyrox
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 11-05-2016, 16:48:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

africa wrote:
Seyrox wrote:

Quote:

So any chance you can test a bug before posting it here? You're just throwing out bugs and we have to test them when you can just as easily do it...

Told you, i posted this because of what shocker said

0 0

africa

[Royalty insde my DNA]

Post Posted: 11-05-2016, 16:49:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Seyrox wrote:

Shocker said he has no info if haste SHOULD be copied. He didn't say Haste is not working. So when you open a bug report, you test the bug first.....

0 0

Seyrox
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 11-05-2016, 16:50:47 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

africa wrote:
Seyrox wrote:

Shocker said he has no info if haste SHOULD be copied. He didn't say Haste is not working. So when you open a bug report, you test the bug first.....

Ok i'm sorry, can you reject this or edit it and say that damage isn't working ?

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Shocker, 27 May 2016 10:07

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

The time now is 27-04-2024, 16:04:44
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x