User
Pass
2FA

[Guide] Wedinn's Guide to Runeforging

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message3376
Wedinn

[Retired]

(since 27-03-2023 16:11)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 06-07-2016, 16:09:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Contents:

1. Disclaimer
2. What is Runeforging?
3. How do I runeforge?
4. What runes are there and what do they do?
5. Why runeforge when you can enchant?

1. Disclaimer: This guide is here predominantly because since you are now able to skip the Death Knight starting experience, fresh death knights might consider questing not important and thus skip to the rest of the content. The first part of the guide is aimed at explaining the basics of the skill to them, whereas the second one is intended to show more interested Death Knights how to properly apply runes to their weapons and what factors to take into account when runeforging.

2. What is runeforging? Runeforging is the ability to put enchant-like bonuses on your weapon(s), free of charge. This spell is unique to Death Knights and can only be done by visiting a runeforge.

3. How do I runeforge?: You apply a rune to your weapon by doing a series of things, the first one being visiting one of the available runeforges. You have a few options:
- The runeforge in Acherus: The Ebon Hold (a zone which you can get to by using your "Death Gate" spell), which everyone can use
- The runeforge in Stormwind City, for Alliance players
- The runeforge in Orgrimmar, for Horde players.

Once you have reached a runeforge, open your spellbook and look for the "Runeforging" skill:

Click the spell. Once that happens, a tab will pop up with a list of runes you can apply to your weapon. Simply select the rune you want, click "Engrave", find the weapon on which you want to put it and click it.

4. What runes are there and what do they do?

There are many runes in the game. Hover over the rune`s name with your mouse cursor to see what the rune does.

1. Rune of Cinderglacier
2. Rune of Lichbane
3. Rune of Razorice
4. Rune of Spellbreaking / Spellshattering
5. Rune of Swordbreaking / Swordshattering
6. Rune of the Fallen Crusader
7. Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle

5. Why runeforge when you can enchant? Simply put, because enchants cost money and are not that useful, whereas runes are created to maximize Death Knight potential and are free. And, no, you can not have both a rune and an enchant on at the same time.

Wedinn
Former Game Master & Discord Community Manager
(January 2017 - February 2018)

Last edited by Wedinn on 21-08-2016, 17:16:28; edited 5 times in total
0 0

Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

(since 11-11-2022 17:06)

Votes: 59

Post Posted: 06-07-2016, 23:04:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

How can u tell that spellshattering/spellbreaking are useless? Every top dk(at least they used to be, jk i saw this at me, dolamor and mex xD) should use it. Why?vs a spell cleave like Mls/ godcomp/shadowplay you should carry this type of rune. It's the only enchant in game that reduces the silence duratiom by 50% + it reduces all magical damage taken by 2%(or at least it should). One more wrong thing. Razorice>Cinderglaciar. The razorice debuff stacks 5 times -> 10% frost damage increase at all time, so u don't have to wait for a proc to deal damage as cinderglaciar. Overall razorice does more.dps than cinder. Also evrey unholy/frost dk should carry 3 weps: for each major pvp enchant(fallen crusader, spellshattering/swordshatterig). Cheers!

1 0

Wedinn

[Retired]

(since 27-03-2023 16:11)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 07-07-2016, 08:03:33 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Greetings.

Your post was made obsolete by the changes I have made to the guide. Each rune is now linked to the Freakz database.

Sincerely, Wedinn.

Wedinn
Former Game Master & Discord Community Manager
(January 2017 - February 2018)

0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 29-03-2024, 16:05:26
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x