User
Pass
2FA

Voting-based bugtracker

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message1706
Wolther

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-11-2017 17:22)

Post Posted: 28-06-2017, 10:55:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Something that I've seen to work well on other private servers is to have a system where the community votes on bugs that they feel are the most important to fix. Kind of like a priority system.
This will allow devs to have better communication with the player base and to know what bugs are affecting the majority.

Something like this from a server I will not name:

https://puu.sh/wwglv/a622496981.png

Allowing all members to be able to vote on the bugs they feel are the most important. Obviously this will require an entire re-work of the current way bugs are reported/dealt with but I feel it could be something worthwhile to have

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 28-06-2017, 18:12:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I was never convinced this was a good idea, mainly because if players "vote" a bug and that bug doesn't get fixed in a reasonable time (because of various reasons, maybe even technical), it will create even more rage "omg look at that *important* bug and they're not fixing it", even if that bug may NOT be that important (from a dev's point of view)

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
3 0

alex21112

[The Peacemaker]

(since 29-09-2020 09:04)

Votes: 38

Post Posted: 28-06-2017, 22:49:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Maybe instead of a vote based bugtracker,why not make it so the players can decide between 2 or 3 core bugs (the ones that your devs consider important) and fix them in order of the the votes.
You let us decide the fixing priority (and also set some footnotes as to what these bugs do and what impact will have on us).For example you give us these 3 random bugs:AOE loot system,RPPM,dynamic map changing (like garrison levels) and we decide that RPPM is in a more dire need for a fix than the other 2.After that the 2nd place goes for ex to aoe loot and then the other.
Could make it like a straw poll topic, set it as important and make new ones if the need arises. (Could do the same for quests in case a dev doesn't know with which one to begin)
All the options will be given by the Freakz staff to the players to decide.
Anyway it is up to you to decide.

0 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

(since 03-09-2023 13:06)

Votes: 200

Post Posted: 28-06-2017, 23:37:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Spoiler:

Dev's know that a bug which decrease your spell damage with 15k or a lvl 40 quest is less important than a talent which isn't working properly...

1 0

pal0bre

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-06-2020 11:40)

Votes: 21

Post Posted: 29-06-2017, 12:47:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Perhaps not voting based but a bugtracker of some sorts would be nice.
Using a forum is good enough but I'd like to see some more convenient search method.
Maybe a in-game command that shows how many times a targeted npc, item/spell/achievement link has been mentioned in a pending bug report to reduce duplicates.
Or perhaps make use of the blizz in-game bug report UI and alter it to work for freakz, since you already modified the support ticket system, it shouldn't be much work to also tweak the bug report system. And since there's a custom DLL always loaded in, you could even make it submit a screenshot along with the report.

But I think this require way too much work for the small fraction of people that report bugs.

0 0

alex21112

[The Peacemaker]

(since 29-09-2020 09:04)

Votes: 38

Post Posted: 29-06-2017, 16:51:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

pal0bre wrote:

Maybe a in-game command that shows how many times a targeted npc, item/spell/achievement link has been mentioned in a pending bug report to reduce duplicates.

Like adding a W/P/C/B tag to the quest like the level some quests have near their name [90][Quest name].
W-Working
P-Pending
C-Confirmed
B-Bugged

So the quests will look like this [W][90][Quest name]
This might be a good idea so you don't waste time doing the quest and then realising that it does not work.
(The tag can be changed if you want it)

0 0

pal0bre

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-06-2020 11:40)

Votes: 21

Post Posted: 29-06-2017, 17:33:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

alex21112 wrote:
pal0bre wrote:

Like adding a W/P/C/B tag to the quest like the level some quests have near their name [90][Quest name].
W-Working
P-Pending
C-Confirmed
B-Bugged

So the quests will look like this [W][90][Quest name]
This might be a good idea so you don't waste time doing the quest and then realising that it does not work.
(The tag can be changed if you want it)

That could work, problem is that quest strings are cached. So it'll always be marked as broken until you wipe the cache.
Maybe when you take the quest a in-game message notifies you that there are [number] confirmed bug reports related to this quest.
And if you manage to complete the quest than it could notify the original poster of the report that the quest works (this might be a abhorrently bad idea but that's not up to me to decide)

1 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 26-04-2024, 17:14:10
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x