User
Pass
2FA

[FIXED] [PvE] Mythic+ Bolstering affix 'may' require some work
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message6748
Cartmon1337

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-09-2019 18:50)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 29-06-2017, 00:40:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz link: n/a

Bug description: The bolstering affix may require some work.

Proof:

In this video you can see that the fel bats in black rook hold that are unattackable had also received the bolstering buff in such a large amount that they were just difficult to fight around due to their size.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=nk9PIb9zce4:

In this video you can see that the last boss in black rook hold had also received 91 stacks of the bolstering buff in his first phase.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=HSO8_Kt8YVY:

In the below imgur link you can see that 1 of the dominators had so many stacks of the bolstering buff that he was so large he was almost unattackable by melee as it would continuously say target not in line of sight. The second screenshot on the imgur link is of an egg sack lower down in the dungeon off to the side of the stairs, in the screenshot you can see that it had received 93 stacks of the buff.
http://imgur.com/a/CUXHR

The range in which bolstering applies need to be reduced as it is abnormally large and it is applying to mobs/creatures that it shouldn't be such as the boss and the unattackable fel bats.
The group was lucky to have a hunter, the only way we were able to complete the dungeon was by pulling a pack and feigning death or simply dying to reduce the number of bolstering stacks the mobs had.

Edit this was mythic +5 if that's relevant at all.

2 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 03-07-2017, 00:35:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Cartmon1337 wrote:
The range in which bolstering applies need to be reduced as it is abnormally large
Any proof? Current range is 45 yards and wowhead comments confirm this http://www.wowhead.com/affix=7/bolstering

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

tweedy

[the Insane]

(since 24-07-2023 12:33)

Votes: 8

Post Posted: 03-07-2017, 00:49:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Any proof? Shocker first of all stop marking every post i made as bad post.
2th YOU can't literally trust wowhead since its updated to 7.2

Also your proof says "even comments confirm it"
Here your proof comment: Range of effect is 30 yards (formerly 45 yards pre-7.2). PRE *** 7.2.

0 0

Cartmon1337

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 03-07-2017, 02:01:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Correct the range should be 45 yards in 7.1.5, I have no means of measuring distance in the game world accurately but 1 member of our group killed some of the egg sacks quite low down in the dungeon and the bolstering buff applied to the 2 trash mobs we were fighting just outside the last boss room. Surely that distance is greater than 45 yards.
I wasn't recording the whole run as it takes up a lot of HDD space.

If you looked at the video you can see for yourself, the number of bolstering stacks is ridiculous, how is anyone meant to survive even a trash mob with almost 100 stacks of bolstering. Sure I'm a rogue so I don't have the highest physical defense/armour but the 1st phase of the last boss auto attacks hit me for stupidly high amount because he had 91 stacks of the buff. The range may be 45 yards across but is it applying 45 yards up or is there no vertical limit?

0 0

Cartmon1337

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 03-07-2017, 02:32:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The fact that any mob was able to gain anywhere near 100 stacks of the buff should be enough proof, no mob should be within 45 yards of almost 100 other mobs.
0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

Post Posted: 03-07-2017, 05:54:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

tweedy wrote:
Any proof? Shocker first of all stop marking every post i made as bad post.
2th YOU can't literally trust wowhead since its updated to 7.2

Also your proof says "even comments confirm it"
Here your proof comment: Range of effect is 30 yards (formerly 45 yards pre-7.2). PRE FUCKING 7.2.
Can you please calm down? I don't even understand what you wanted to say with this post. I told you current range on server is 45 yards, and I posted a link which confirms it's 45 yards. What are you trying to say? That it's not 45 yards?

WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

twistedfate

[Mentally Stable]

(since 24-05-2018 02:11)

Votes: 12

Post Posted: 03-07-2017, 07:08:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The issue here is that the mobs receive the buff even when they are not in LoS (line of sight).

For example: You kill something on the first floor and these on the second one gets the buff.

0 0

Cartmon1337

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 03-07-2017, 15:56:39 [Bad post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Lol it's more like kill something on the first floor and the last boss gets the buff.
0 1

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

Post Posted: 04-07-2017, 01:15:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

twistedfate wrote:
The issue here is that the mobs receive the buff even when they are not in LoS (line of sight).

For example: You kill something on the first floor and these on the second one gets the buff.
Proof it shouldn't ignore LOS?

Cartmon1337 wrote:
Lol it's more like kill something on the first floor and the last boss gets the buff.
Proof?

WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

Cartmon1337

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 04-07-2017, 01:40:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Like I said I wasn't recording the entire run because of HDD space, it'd be a waste of another 2 hours of my time to try another bolstering dungeon if the same happens and a waste of another 300+gold in repairs.

Let me go into more detail of what happened, just before the last boss room, 4 of us were killing 2 trash mobs there while the 5th member of the party was in the egg sack room in the screenshot in the original post, he killed some egg sacks and those trash mobs received the buff, I don't even care that it's not line of sight, that is definitely more than 45 yards.

I get that you're busy and everything but I've shown proof here that there is an issue with bolstering, the fel bats and the 1st phase of the last boss are both examples, but it'd be a lot quicker for you or for a GM to test my 'claims' and prove them true, for me it's a waste of time and gold for no possible chance of completing the keystone in time.

I've given enough detail here for yourself or a GM to test, the trash in the room before the last boss and the egg sack room for you to be able to test the buff applying over more than 45 yards.

And my video shows that the last boss in phase 1 had received the buff.
Also the fact that the 2 trash mobs we were fighting in front of the last boss room gaining more stacks of bolstering when the egg sacks were killed leads me to believe the boss had also gained more stacks of the buff.

0 0

tweedy

[the Insane]

Post Posted: 04-07-2017, 02:02:43 [Bad post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shocker wrote:
twistedfate wrote:

Cartmon1337 wrote:
Proof?

Proof 1 - Retail YouTube Video
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Czw6gsGwnvg:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=cesx-T_oEcg:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oY8ufSD9_Mg:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BUPNKZKgRY4:

You can *** see that not the whole dungeon gets buffed.
If you don't know how its working don't release it. Simple as that.

0 1

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

Post Posted: 04-07-2017, 02:06:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

tweedy please calm down and stop posting, you're taking this personal and you're just ruining this bug report, I will instantly delete any other post you make. You need to understand that we don't fix bugs just because a player comes and says "YOU NEED TO DO IT LIKE THIS / ITS BUGGED TRUST ME", so stop it with this retarded attitude.

I asked for 2 proofs:
1. That the range is bigger than 45 yards on our server
2. That it should not ignore LoS

WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
1 0

tweedy

[the Insane]

Post Posted: 04-07-2017, 02:12:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shocker wrote:
tweedy please calm down and stop posting, you're taking this personal and you're just ruining this bug report, I will instantly delete any other post you make. You need to understand that we don't fix bugs just because a player comes and says "YOU NEED TO DO IT LIKE THIS / ITS BUGGED TRUST ME", so stop it with this retarded attitude.

I asked for 2 proofs:
1. That the range is bigger than 45 yards on our server
2. That it should not ignore LoS

Shocker sorry to say that , but each answer of you is triggering me.
Also those "bad post markings".

I wouldn't report stuff to get advantage of it.
I've showed you now 4 videos , you see cleary the range between mobs when they receive bolstering and even after LoS.
If you want, give me 4 more players , and we test it, i will report even the little'st thing i've see.
Cuz its just annoying to see that its not working and you say it is. And if we do not agree , we're mistaken , wrong, or just trying to get advantage.

Even on EoA as example the vid above: you can see at they went for king the big giant didn't receive bolstering after killing goblins.
Here it does.

The bugreport video shows that even the lastboss got bolstering (even he shouldn't).

And there aren't that many adds to get up to 90 or even 100 stacks between floor 2 & 3.

its a fact that trash groups receive bolstering while they shouldnt.

0 0

twistedfate

[Mentally Stable]

(since 24-05-2018 02:11)

Votes: 12

Post Posted: 04-07-2017, 02:12:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shocker wrote:
twistedfate wrote:

Cartmon1337 wrote:
Proof?

Sure Shocker! And there it is.... Please watch from 9:30. Even the mobs are closer than 45 yards range.

The video is from patch 7.1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NsrocgVp6mo:

0 0

tweedy

[the Insane]

Post Posted: 04-07-2017, 02:23:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Btw. Retail compared to Freakz
Retail:
http://imgur.com/WrxudkY
Freakz:
http://imgur.com/pc2h19Q

proof enough?

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Shocker, 10 July 2017 13:30

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

The time now is 24-04-2024, 09:22:46
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x