User
Pass
2FA

[REJECTED] Vault of the Wardens-Cordana Felsong-Heroic (Totally Broken)
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message4000
dragonoob44

[Mentally Stable]

(since 26-05-2018 09:41)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 26-07-2017, 20:37:58 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

So this boss is totally broken, I don't see why did you put the instance in, this should have been obvious on the first tests. Please remove this instance from the dungeon finder because this is an instant leave for everyone. (or fix the boss, but the previous solution is much faster)

https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=213576&&name=deepening-shadows:
This should put an aoe under one target that slowly spreads and slowly deals damage. According to videos from retail it also seems to have a 1-1.5 second delay before dealing any damage. Here the boss puts it on two targets, and it deals damage so fast that they are at 30% health in 1 seconds.

https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=197541&&name=detonation:
This should deal damage to the target it hits and everyone in his 10 yard radius. Here when it hits someone EVERYONE explodes, so if you are around someone else you can take the dmg 5 times at the same time.

My video of the encounter:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=fBwvE9FCqk8:

How it should work:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=-pZcswBD_6k&t=1213:

Last edited by dragonoob44 on 27-07-2017, 08:32:21; edited 4 times in total
0 0

Calon3

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-05-2023 21:12)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 27-07-2017, 00:10:47 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

She was doable on Mythic 9 with Teeming and Overflowing , but on Mythic 10 with the same 2 affixes + Fortified , she got cocky on us.

The script is indeed broken at the moment.

0 0

norbert.pls
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 11-08-2018 16:58)

Votes: 213

Post Posted: 27-07-2017, 00:16:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

we got absolutely ravaged by the thicc wall hitboxes on +19 lul

Electric Warlock Acid Witch
Legion Guide - Destruction Warlock in PVE
Legion Guide - Restoration Shaman in PVE

0 0

Elioths

[Mentally Stable]

(since 31-12-2018 16:10)

Post Posted: 27-07-2017, 03:06:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

dragonoob44 wrote:
So this boss is totally broken, I don't see why did you put the instance in, this should have been obvious on the first tests. Please remove this instance from the dungeon finder because this is an instant leave for everyone. (or fix the boss, but the previous solution is much faster)

https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=213576&&name=deepening-shadows: This should put an aoe under one target that slowly spreads and slowly deals damage. Here the boss puts it on two targets, and it deals damage so fast that they are instantly reduced to something like 30% health.
https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=197541&&name=detonation: This should deal damage to the target it hits and everyone in his 10 yard radius. Here when it hits someone EVERYONE explodes, so if you are around someone else you can take the dmg 5 times at the same time.
https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=197422&&name=creeping-doom: This should summon spirits that we have to evade. Here the spirits are invisible and they deal their damage like 5 times in a row upon collision (instant death).

My video of the encounter:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=fBwvE9FCqk8:

How it should work:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=-pZcswBD_6k&t=1213:

Deepening shadows targeting mechanic is fine, the only "feature" it was lacking (should be live now as i write this) was the 5s shrink "grace timer" so that once you step on it with elunes light, it continues to shrink for 5 seconds even if you leave its radius. Both the damage part and the spawn amount are fine. And yeah, it will kill people if you dont move out shortly, but since it only begins to grow after 3 seconds have passed since its creation, i assume thats plenty of time.

Detonating moonglaive detonation is surely weird, it should not AoE the whole platform. Will check it.

Regarding creeping doom, you did the mechanic awfully wrong on that video, you should watch where cordana will spawn the spirits so that you can see where the gap is located and then have your party position yourself there, the elunes light is only useful so that your party can get a real notion of the real size of the gap once evenryone is already inside it so that they avoid touching both the beginning and the end of the gap. Im going to check tho why she is flying in that weirdo way during that phase tho.

0 0

Elioths

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 27-07-2017, 04:39:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Yeah, detonating moonglaive is definitelly awry, but even still, you and your party did some very bad positioning mistakes there on that fight, and i can assure you anyone who was able to kill her on a mythic keystone will confirm that.

Anyways, im fixing that multi-AoE proc problem and im also adding a 1.5s grace timer on wich the glaive wont do damage, so that melees can react to its pathing in time, by watching retail videos i noticed the glaive has that sort of mechanic.

0 0

dragonoob44

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 27-07-2017, 08:22:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

No matter how hard I look I don't see double aoe spawning under the party in the retail vid, so that seems to be a bug, here we always get double aoe

Check the hunter at 20:21, he is standing in the aoe for like 1,5 seconds without taking any damage and then runs out unharmed.
Now check my video at 0:18 or 1:17, in 1 second everyone standing in/near the aoe is at 30% health. There should be a delay on the aoe and even then it should be hitting slower than now, that's what you can clearly see on the video. Please fix this since this is the biggest problem right now.

Yes, this was our first fight so we had no idea about how this fight is supposed to work, only that the "guy with the light must stand in the middle of the aoe" so crappy positioning. You are right about the creeping shadows, it seems to be normal I'll edit that. Still, everything else I've posted is bugged as far as I can tell.
And yes, I believe that you can do this dungeon even on mythic +10 by adapting to the broken mechanics, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed asap.

0 0

Cartmon1337

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-09-2019 18:50)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 27-07-2017, 14:43:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Can I just point out that deepening shadows seems to tick for around 300-350k based on when I've stood on it, when you only have 1.3m HP like the hunter and rogue both had, then it's going to kill you very fast if you stand in it.

@Elioths there is also meant to be a safety net mechanic around the platform like there is with Glazer so that if you are knocked off, you are brought back up onto the platform to ensure that the light remains on the platform and you can do the deepening shadows mechanic. From what I've seen on heroic and mythic, there seems not be a safety net mechanic. (Despite having completed this dungeon on mythic+ keystones, we did not test for the safety net mechanic because we had a timer.)

0 0

Muteli

[Mentally Stable]

(since 24-10-2019 14:04)

Votes: 18

Post Posted: 27-07-2017, 15:04:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

as a paladin i was gopt knocked by the wall and knoecked off the platform, used Divine Shield and i ended up just staying on the texture as i lost aggro from the boss and i did not die also after divine shield expired
0 0

Elioths

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 27-07-2017, 16:23:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Cartmon1337 wrote:
Can I just point out that deepening shadows seems to tick for around 300-350k based on when I've stood on it, when you only have 1.3m HP like the hunter and rogue both had, then it's going to kill you very fast if you stand in it.

@Elioths there is also meant to be a safety net mechanic around the platform like there is with Glazer so that if you are knocked off, you are brought back up onto the platform to ensure that the light remains on the platform and you can do the deepening shadows mechanic. From what I've seen on heroic and mythic, there seems not be a safety net mechanic. (Despite having completed this dungeon on mythic+ keystones, we did not test for the safety net mechanic because we had a timer.)

Yeah, the proper mechanic should be: fall off the platform -> bat grabs you and brings you back to the platform, unfortunatelly sniff data from retail did not show any creature spawn like a bat around the platform, so i implemented a quick teleport function to bring the players instantly back to the platform, sadly this removes the party damage punishment if it is the tank that gets knocked off. But i supposed thats better than nothing.

Either way, this should be live already together with a fix on cordana for the unnatackable state thingie when server restarts/crashes and aranasi broodmothers are all dead.

0 0

dragonoob44

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 27-07-2017, 19:58:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

dragonoob44 wrote:
No matter how hard I look I don't see double aoe spawning under the party in the retail vid, so that seems to be a bug, here we always get double aoe

Check the hunter at 20:21, he is standing in the aoe for like 1,5 seconds without taking any damage and then runs out unharmed.
Now check my video at 0:18 or 1:17, in 1 second everyone standing in/near the aoe is at 30% health. There should be a delay on the aoe and even then it should be hitting slower than now, that's what you can clearly see on the video. Please fix this since this is the biggest problem right now.

And these? I don't see why any of these should be ignored, looks really straightforward to me.

0 0

Elioths

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 27-07-2017, 20:03:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

dragonoob44 wrote:
dragonoob44 wrote:

And these? I don't see why any of these should be ignored, looks really straightforward to me.

The double AT spawn is based on spell data from blizz, 1 is spawned for normal and HC, and two are spawned on mythic, also on retail sniff data i got a double spell AT spellcast, so i believe that mechanic is fine, also, lets not mention the fact that i did not implement the random pool spawning around the room (the one where she doesnt uses player target as destination for the spawn) simply because she didnt use it at all during the retail encounter (no sniff data for it).

Regarding 2) im adding a 1.5s grace timer so that people can react and step out of the AT

0 0

dragonoob44

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 27-07-2017, 20:06:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Really appreciated, thank you!
Also this was recorded in heroic, so it shouldn't spawn 2 times here, only in mythic.
Keep up the nice job!

0 0

Cartmon1337

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-09-2019 18:50)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 28-07-2017, 03:04:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I just tested the safety net mechanic in an m+ dungeon, it does not work in m+, m or hc, I've not tried normal, nothing teleports you or catches you, you fall down onto an invisible texture below.
https://www.imageupload.co.uk/image/DPUx

It also seems that if you use the extra action button to place the light during the fight that Cordana bugs sometimes and the creeping doom phase does not occur.

0 0

Elioths

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 28-07-2017, 03:16:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Cartmon1337 wrote:
I just tested the safety net mechanic in an m+ dungeon, it does not work in m+, m or hc, I've not tried normal, nothing teleports you or catches you, you fall down onto an invisible texture below.
https://www.imageupload.co.uk/image/DPUx

It also seems that if you use the extra action button to place the light during the fight that Cordana bugs sometimes and the creeping doom phase does not occur.

Im honestly not sure if the patch is already live or not, i sent some stuff to shocker but dunno if he already applied them. On my local i tested it with two accounts and it was just fine, left one player tanking cordana while the other jumped down, he got instantly teleported back to the nearest Glowing Sentry position.

0 0

Pinocchio Evreiesc
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 19-02-2019 13:32)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 28-07-2017, 03:43:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Elioths can you make it so the light has a faster refresh interval when trying to reveal creeping doom walls? Its extremely slow and considering the walls have an absurdly thick hit box its direly needed. Also the deepening shadow grace time, im afraid this is a general problem for all puddle type spells on the server atm. All puddles deal instant damage as soon as they spawn, this needs to be looked at if you can pass on the word to the other devs.

We are grateful for your efforts, i like the dungeon -

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by LethalFactorLK, 28 October 2017 11:37

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

The time now is 19-04-2024, 13:39:57
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x