User
Pass
2FA

[REJECTED] Skinning, Mining, every other profession in legion.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message3903
dragonoob44

[Mentally Stable]

(since 26-05-2018 09:41)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 18-08-2017, 10:35:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

"Leveling Skinning
Once Skinning is trained, head to any Legion zone and start skinning creatures—one skill point per creature. Stormheim, Val'sharah, Highmountain, and Azsuna are dynamic zones, meaning they will scale to your level, so you can skin all sorts of beasts as you level.

Suramar is a max-level zone, so while you can skin there, it may be difficult when surrounded by 110 mobs."

Right know you can't skin any beasts in broken isles, they are shown as orange but it says your skill is not high enough.
You can gather herbs and mine minerals, but that's the only part that works. Badly tho, they don't give 1 skill point per gather, both mining and herbalism goes green after like 50 levels so it takes about 10 legion herbs/veins to get a single level after you get 50 herb/mining.

Last edited by dragonoob44 on 18-08-2017, 17:43:50; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Cartmon1337

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-09-2019 18:50)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 18-08-2017, 11:58:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

For skinning/mining there is actually a skill level requirement of 5x the mobs level, so for a level 110 mob you'd need to be skill level 550+ to be able to mine/skin them.
I'm around 650 mining and I can do the basilisk mining wq just fine.

I also know someone with skinning that grinded out the levels in pre-legion content and they can skin legion mobs fine.

0 0

dragonoob44

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 18-08-2017, 12:00:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Cartmon1337 wrote:
For skinning/mining there is actually a skill level requirement of 5x the mobs level, so for a level 110 mob you'd need to be skill level 550+ to be able to mine/skin them.
I'm around 650 mining and I can do the basilisk mining wq just fine.

That is the case here, but I can't seem to find anything like this on the official forums or wowhead. So it's either a hidden feature that noone have ever mentioned on retail forums and wowhead or it's just bugged here.

0 0

Cartmon1337

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 18-08-2017, 12:03:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

no it's a feature and it's mentioned only when needed such as for miners in retails when they need to mine an elemental, like how many miners here are being forced to level because mining some ores doesn't give exp/levels and mining mobs does, I'm pretty sure there's always been the x5 level requirement also.
0 0

dragonoob44

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 18-08-2017, 12:25:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I've tried finding anything about this again and nothing. Not a word on wowhead, not a complaint on the forums, nothing. Not saying you are wrong, but there is always some proof for such mechanics on wowhead. So it's either really well hidden (why) or it's only like this here. Still, I could be wrong, I'm just trying to use logic here.
0 0

Magnus06

[Err505 Baguette Way]

(since 06-06-2019 21:57)

Votes: 31

Post Posted: 18-08-2017, 14:04:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Most of what you're talking about are already reported in the profession related bugs thread in that very section. I don't there's many pages to it but mindlessly posting without a single link or something is just not helpful despite your good attentions.

But about whatcartmon said, the x5 is a thing but i don't know until when (mainly because you'd need level 160 mob at skill 800). Also the thing i'm sure but i don't find any proof of it is that mining corpse shoudln't award skill points but since it's the reason we can level it on Freakz right now it's not that big of a deal.

0 0

dragonoob44

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 18-08-2017, 16:41:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I've found so many big unreported bugs that I've kinda stopped looking for previous reports before doing so myself. If something pops up with the same topic name I check it out but that's all. (now it didn't) If a bug this big can be present for so long than it's either ignored or terribly reported so I try to help with clarifying.
There are topics where you don't have to overcomplicate things with a thousand links, the developers understand english, not just urls. That x5 thing might be true, but there was never a case where something so important didn't have a single feedback or a short description on one of the official sites, this one doesn't. Not a single confused forum question about it, not a mention on wowhead, not in any skill leveling guide I've read. Could be true, but there is exactly 0 proof for it online.

0 0

Cartmon1337

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 18-08-2017, 17:27:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

"To mine a dead mob, you must be at the appropriate level of mining. This is determined by multiplying the mob level by five. A level 70 mob requires a mining skill of 350 (70 x 5). A level 80 mob requires a skill of 450. Unfortunately, mining cannot be leveled in this fashion. Also, just as if you are mining a normal node, you must have a mining pick."
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Mob_mining
The above is what I was referring to but 1 google search and 1 click later I've come across, http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Skinning.
Legion skinning seems to be wrong and you should not be receiving a full hide until you have the required level and before that you should receive scraps that you need to combine to make hides.

0 0

dragonoob44

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 18-08-2017, 17:44:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

removed that part, thank you
0 0

Magnus06

[Err505 Baguette Way]

(since 06-06-2019 21:57)

Votes: 31

Post Posted: 18-08-2017, 18:59:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Quote:
I've found so many big unreported bugs that I've kinda stopped looking for previous reports before doing so myself. If something pops up with the same topic name I check it out but that's all.

Not only it's arrogant but that's not helping at all.

Quote:
If a bug this big can be present for so long than it's either ignored or terribly reported so I try to help with clarifying.

With links it helps, not just quoting without linking the source like you did in your opening post.

Quote:
There are topics where you don't have to overcomplicate things with a thousand links, the developers understand english, not just urls.

That's mean, i take it badly if it's aimed toward me. I once was a GM too on a foreign server and after a while it just becomes automatic, they exclusively understand the proof language. The rest is jibberish, a mere decoration. They either pay great attention or completely elude what we could possibly say when we report something, they want prooves and sources, we're just here to provide material for them to work but they make sure we pointed out the good stuff. A sort of double-checking.

I used to see little servers with their admin and devs blindlessy following their pleb regarding how this or that worked and that led to having absurd consequences on the server. Funniest one was blood DK getting half of their armor removed because they were presumably too OP in PvP.

I don't mean to be hostile in case you wonder, i suffer from lacking the english vocabulary.

0 0

dragonoob44

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 18-08-2017, 19:24:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It's not aimed towards you. From my experience with other developers the fixing process goes like:
I report something that I believe should work differently -> They check if it should work differently using my sources and google -> If it should then they change it.
Of course it varies by developers, some thank you for showing them what they should look into making their server better, sometimes they outright ignore you if you dare report something without a fix attached.

You can't use skinning on Broken Isles beasts from level 1, I've copied a source for that. Your mining and herbalism goes green after 50 levels.

I think these details are more than enough for them to start looking into the problem and start fixing the things they find broken, I don't think I'd have to link all the 20000 types of beasts I can't use skinning on.
You are right in cases where there is a much more specific problem, check my reports, most of the time I even record the bugs here than compare it to retail vids, etc.

Have a nice day

0 0

Kyrax
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 11-11-2017 01:14)

Votes: 154

Post Posted: 22-08-2017, 15:09:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/LIST-Professions-related-bugs-t456593.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pamGqyxnohE
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Kyrax, 22 August 2017 13:09

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 13-05-2024, 23:11:50
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x