User
Pass
2FA

Please reduce requirements for Draneor flying

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message3659
michael1234
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 24-05-2020 00:50)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 15-10-2017, 22:26:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz link: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=10018/draenor-pathfinder
Bug description:
Works as intended, but Blizzard never wanted anyone to complete without spending months on Draneor content.
Dungeons from 61-110 are busted on this server; the heroic legion dungeons work, but the legion normals are not even suitable for leveling up new characters. (levels 101-109)
Draenor is an annoying grind on ground mount; increased mobility would allow players to move smoothly past this content

Really, the bottom line is this is a LEGION server, not bc, wotlk, cata, mop, or wod server. I would not expect the pre-Legion dungeons or questing areas to be perfect. Leveling from 90-100 is a particularly annoying grind which does not have to be; Draenor is the worst part of this grind because players cannot fly. Players come to this server expecting to be able to focus on Legion content not content from the other 5 expansions. (like completing 5 months of work to enable flying in Draenor)

My recommendations:
option 1
associate reward - [Draenor Flying] with completion of achievement [Draenor Explorer] (achievment=8935)
option 2
allow flying in Draenor without achievement completion

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/QrKAP

P.S.
Before answering no and stating that its not "blizz-like", please try to accomplish the grind for this achievement for yourself, only 1 other player has had the tenacity to do so. I expect that a player likely did not even complete, and that this was a developer testing that the achievement worked before putting code live.

Last edited by michael1234 on 16-10-2017, 02:02:07; edited 1 time in total
0 0

saturnfever

[Papa Bless]

(since 21-12-2020 21:31)

Votes: 171

Post Posted: 16-10-2017, 00:00:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It was most definitely a developer or someone with a higher rank that did it, since Loremaster is not yet fully completable in Draenor, and if you search for Loremaster achievements you will see that they aren't even completed, some of them (which is a requirement of this achievement). Usually these kinds of things are tested on the test realm, not on the live realm, but someone apparently did it on the live realm.

I am for things being kept as true to blizzlike, so we can experience all of the content, rather than just getting the reward for something from the get-go.
Maybe someone could enlighten us on that matter of why that achievement is completed by someone.

And thank you for your suggestion.

0 0

michael1234
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 24-05-2020 00:50)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 16-10-2017, 00:45:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

saturnfever wrote:
It was most definitely a developer or someone with a higher rank that did it, since Loremaster is not yet fully completable in Draenor, and if you search for Loremaster achievements you will see that they aren't even completed, some of them (which is a requirement of this achievement). Usually these kinds of things are tested on the test realm, not on the live realm, but someone apparently did it on the live realm.

I am for things being kept as true to blizzlike, so we can experience all of the content, rather than just getting the reward for something from the get-go.
Maybe someone could enlighten us on that matter of why that achievement is completed by someone.

And thank you for your suggestion.

Who is to say the options were not on the table, just some evil person at blizzard chose the most restrictive option.

Reality, its not a game breaker to reduce requirements, it will hide the glaring non-blizlike qualities of the server. With exception of a few purists, nobody would even notice. Even if they did they would chalk it up to an improvement made in one of the Legion patches. BTW.. [Master Treasure Hunter] is supposed to be 100 treasures. I assume that this was adjusted to 10 because 100 was not realistic. If players had flying to work on [Draenor Pathfinder] then 100 treasures might not be so unrealistic. Please rethink the requirements, the [Draenor Pathfinder] achievement would take 5 months to complete, and that is not realistic expectations for a private server regardless of how blizzlike they are trying to be. As I said in original post, focus doesn't need to be on this old content, players should be able to smoothly move past it not be wrapped up in it. A quick simple fix such as just globally enabling flying in these zones will free up developer time while improving character flow through this expansion. With either of the options stated in the original post, players would still have great incentive to complete the [Draenor Pathfinder] achievement-- The [Soaring Skyterror] mount.

1 0

Kaisee

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-07-2019 17:45)

Post Posted: 05-03-2018, 21:08:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Rather than make a new post, I chose to reopen this one because I was going to make these same suggestions myself.

In my opinion, one of the joys of playing on a private server is to be able to enjoy perks the developers have added to the game that are not exactly blizz-like (increased leveling and drop rates, cash shop, vote rewards, etc.).

As others have already mentioned, WOD is not current content and no one (except serious loremasters and achievement hunters) want to spend five months doing old content trying to get the achievement to be able to fly (if it is even obtainable). And also mentioned was the fact that a lot of folks simply want to get through the Draenor content as fast as possible in order to move to Legion. Flying would help a lot in that respect.

I would support either simply enabling flying in Draenor zones or allowing flying to be purchased with gold.

Thank you for your consideration.

0 0

Warbike

[Creep]

(since 27-03-2022 18:48)

Votes: 40

Post Posted: 09-03-2018, 17:49:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Quote:
Draenor is an annoying grind on ground mount; increased mobility would allow players to move smoothly past this content

Leveling from 90-100 is a particularly annoying grind which does not have to be; Draenor is the worst part of this grind because players cannot fly. Players come to this server expecting to be able to focus on Legion content not content from the other 5 expansions. (like completing 5 months of work to enable flying in Draenor)

Hello. I think you should explore better Draenor content(bugs aside), because if you know where questing, it doesn't get more than 50 minutes.

I can confirm Draenor is the content with more bugs in this server, but it's normal, they've never focus on that contents(because low priority and becuse many people don't like WoD)
However, there is a way to level up fast in draenor(90-98), then you can simply leave it and go to Broken Isles.
If you do 98-100 will be more annoy because XP rate is drastically reduced.

Quote:
Please rethink the requirements, the [Draenor Pathfinder] achievement would take 5 months to complete, and that is not realistic expectations for a private server regardless of how blizzlike they are trying to be.

About this, in my opinion, you don't know what they will do and it is not written anywhere that a private server must necessarily be customized.
(They won't add customized stuff in this server)

0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 29-03-2024, 11:08:55
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x