User
Pass
2FA

Button Location on Action Bars not saving

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message4069
mermelmadness

[Mentally Stable]

(since 17-10-2018 02:13)

Post Posted: 03-04-2018, 02:44:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello.

After logging out and back in, some spells and abilities that are on my action bars (not my hot key bar) disappear and I have to drag them back out from the spellbook again. This occurs every time.

Please advise if this is a bug.

0 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

(since 03-09-2023 13:06)

Votes: 200

Post Posted: 03-04-2018, 17:57:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/How-To-Save-settings-permanently-t480840.html

0 0

mermelmadness

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 04-04-2018, 03:57:33 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I followed all instructions. Still disappears from my action bar.

It should be noted that even though I unchecked ReadOnly from the wow folder, it still is checked when I right click again.

0 0

mermelmadness

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 05-04-2018, 15:34:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

UPDATE:

Abilities disappear even when zoning into an instance. Any time there's a loading screen, the buttons are removed from my action bars.

0 0

mermelmadness

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 07-04-2018, 00:52:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

UPDATE 2:

Abilities don't save when going from Blasted Lands into Outland through the Dark Portal. Also, anytime using a portal to travel between different cities.

VERY annoying. Any GM response would be nice.

0 0

Irediel

[Lonely]

(since 03-11-2020 13:19)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 08-04-2018, 15:11:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi, mermelmadness,

Would you mind telling me what add-ons you're running?

Also, it might help to delete your cache folder and your WTF folder, though you must be aware, that deleting the WTF folder, will reset all settings made to the game, as if it's started on fresh.

What I normally do if I make huge changes to any character, is that I relog, log on another character, log back out and then I log onto the character I made changes to. This usually saves the settings as they're loaded after being changed.
Of course, this cannot be prevented from a disconnect, a crash or a server restart sadly.

Hope this gave you some tips/help.

Kind regards,

Irediel

Normality is a paved road: It's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.
0 0

mermelmadness

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 08-04-2018, 22:20:47 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Irediel wrote:
Hi, mermelmadness,

Would you mind telling me what add-ons you're running?

Also, it might help to delete your cache folder and your WTF folder, though you must be aware, that deleting the WTF folder, will reset all settings made to the game, as if it's started on fresh.

What I normally do if I make huge changes to any character, is that I relog, log on another character, log back out and then I log onto the character I made changes to. This usually saves the settings as they're loaded after being changed.
Of course, this cannot be prevented from a disconnect, a crash or a server restart sadly.

Hope this gave you some tips/help.

Kind regards,

Irediel

My addons are minimal. Titan Panel, Zperl, and MSBT. This issue occurs even when 0 addons are enabled.

I tried deleting my cache and WTF folders already, but to no avail.

I know about relogging to save settings, but it doesn't work. Even when playing for a short time, I have to replace the abilities a few times at least. Just taking a non-legion flight path (which is instant and shows a loading screen) will cause the abilities to disappear. Same for using my hearthstone. This occurs across multiple characters.

I guess now is a good time to say that there's really only one ability that consistently disappears, and that is the "Summon Random Favorite Mount." All others occasionally disappear, but not always.

0 0

Irediel

[Lonely]

(since 03-11-2020 13:19)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 09-04-2018, 00:58:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi again,

To be completely honest, I am not entirely sure on it, but it sounds as if you're missing some files or something that's supposed to save it.

Best regards,

Irediel

Normality is a paved road: It's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.
0 0

Orga

[Ataraxia]

(since 30-10-2023 02:42)

Votes: 872

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/ItsOrga/ 
Post Posted: 09-04-2018, 15:39:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

mermelmadness wrote:

Abilities don't save when going from Blasted Lands into Outland through the Dark Portal. Also, anytime using a portal to travel between different cities.

Very annoying. Any GM response would be nice.

Try this after you fix your UI :

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Those are 2 commands that you type in the chat , if it doesn't work still try to relog after using the commands and refixing your bars then relog once more . If that doesn't help aswell reuse the command with 1 instead of 0 to put it back to default and try downloading an addon called Reflux , it will allow you to save your layouts so that everytime it disappears or resets you'll get everything back with just 1 click , not really a fix but its better than nothing .

0 0

mermelmadness

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 10-04-2018, 04:14:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Orga wrote:
mermelmadness wrote:

Very annoying. Any GM response would be nice.

Try this after you fix your UI :

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Those are 2 commands that you type in the chat , if it doesn't work still try to relog after using the commands and refixing your bars then relog once more . If that doesn't help aswell reuse the command with 1 instead of 0 to put it back to default and try downloading an addon called Reflux , it will allow you to save your layouts so that everytime it disappears or resets you'll get everything back with just 1 click , not really a fix but its better than nothing .

Thanks for the attempt. Those commands did not work, even after relogging. I'm going to use RandomCompanion for my mounts.

0 0

sotech

[Hero]

(since 29-06-2021 21:07)

Votes: 15

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 10-04-2018, 18:16:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I would suggest to uncheck the Readonly option from WTF folder and disabling all addons and trying to exit the game using Esc- Exit game and see if that works.

PLUS ULTRA!
0 0

mermelmadness

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 11-04-2018, 20:52:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

sotech wrote:
I would suggest to uncheck the Readonly option from WTF folder and disabling all addons and trying to exit the game using Esc- Exit game and see if that works.

This did not work. Thanks for your attempts, but the RandomCompanion addon is actually slightly better than the Summon Random Favorite Mount, as I don't have to favorite all my mounts to get them to be chosen.

0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 19-04-2024, 01:33:23
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x