User
Pass
2FA

Item level difference in BGs

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message1151
Hoona

[Mentally Stable]

(since 24-11-2019 14:44)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 01-06-2018, 07:21:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi, i'm not really sure if this is possible but it would be really awesome if we could get some ilvl check script before a BG starts (in the 2 min window before the BG actually starts).
The script should check the average ilvl of the team and distribute the players so the teams are about the same average ilvl. BGs are the most active form of pvp here on this server, and at the moment it's
not realy fun to play. Either your team absolutely stomps the enemy team, or vice versa. about 80% of the BGs at the moment are just a 1 sided stomp, because one team consists almost exclusivly out of
fully geared players, while the other team has the low geared players.

would be really cool if something like this would be implemented if it actually is possible, because graveyard camping isn't fun for either team. most of the time a BG is decided in the first 2-3 min based on which team has
has all the high geared and high prestige players.

0 0

Palanormal

[Mentally Stable]

(since 12-04-2020 13:21)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 01-06-2018, 13:04:33 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I don't think this is possible, first, the game would have to actually start, a script would have to run everybody's ilvl, and then somehow teleport them to the opposing side to "balance" things out. In my opinion, things are quite fine the way they are, cross faction stops Ally from being stomped, and at certain hours the wins go back and forth, from my personal experience. It's a good idea but I don't think it's plausible.
0 0

Hoona

[Mentally Stable]

(since 24-11-2019 14:44)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 01-06-2018, 13:07:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

well there is a window of 2 min before the BG beginns, so why not wait for 15-20 sec before the start and then run the script. but yeah i guess even if its possible it will not be implemented, because they still have way to much stuff to fix
0 0

Palanormal

[Mentally Stable]

(since 12-04-2020 13:21)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 01-06-2018, 13:56:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Yeah it's just a lot of background work to start on and such, I am in no way a suited developer but, this seems like a lot of work for a little outcome. Even if we were allowed to "balance" bgs, there would still be premade tryhards that shred the enemy team. Bgs have always been a weird thing because no matter what you do, you can't just stop people from forming premades with all 900+ ilvl players. Crossfaction works well in my opinion, but yes, I do see your point. Sometimes one side gets stomped. Even on retail realms have there "strong" faction, which usually is Horde... because the Racial's far outmatch alliance's. There isn't much we can do about it right now.

Goodluck
Pyyrhus

0 0

Relinquish

[His Infernal Majesty]

(since 02-05-2019 12:40)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 04-06-2018, 13:41:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I second something like this.
For example, I'm playing my horde character. I join a BG as horde, we get utterly destroyed. I join another one, same result. So I keep losing 3-4-5 BG's in a row.
My 6th BG I join as a mercenary for the alliance - all the 900 ilvl players that were carrying the alliance BGs are mercenaries for the horde.
> we get utterly destroyed by horde.
It gets really frustrating sometimes, and I just feel like quitting PVP, although it's my main source of fun in this game.
So a team balancer would be extremely nice and would make the PVP experience a lot more viable.
There could be an ilvl calculator in the RBG queue for example, a script that tries to balance the average ilvl for both teams.

I'm a man whose tragedies have been replaced with memories tattooed upon my soul.
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 01-05-2024, 04:55:13
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x