User
Pass
2FA

Professions in Legion

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message816
RNGesus

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-07-2019 16:43)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 03-10-2018, 21:48:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi guys,

I admit I might be thick-headed about this but I just cannot fully understand how professions work in Legion on freakz.

From what I've read, in Legion the professions go from 0 to 100, legion specific. What you have to do is just gather stuff, ( for gathering profs).

I, for one am doing Mining at the moment. I am mining in the broken isles and I do get progress, but it counts from 0 to 800 I guess, right now I got 50/75 as Apprentice. It seems like I don't really need mining as long as I don't need a certain level for gathering end-level stuff. I did notice there's the 3-star efficiency system.

On the other hand, my friend does herbalism and got to 100/800 by gathering random herbs in low-level regions.

Thirdly, I looked on a guide for legion jewelcrafting. Say I follow it to do some really expensive and rare high level items to get to 100 jewelcrafting BUT ALSO I can get there by doing low-level gear ?? But also... I can already craft Legion stuff with 0/800 jewelcrafting...

Should I surmise that prof. skill level is just irrelevant and just the getting the recipies to 3 stars is all that matters now ?

Please untangle this for me.

Thanks !

0 0

Stimulation

[Inner Voice]

(since 21-05-2023 08:36)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 03-10-2018, 22:41:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello. Professions in Legion are basically made primarily for crafting Legion stuff and gathering Legion stuff. You can still level your Herbalism, for example, from 0 to let's say 60 by gathering low-level herbs, and you can also gather Legion herbs with 0/75 Herbalism. The 3-star system allows you to craft/gather things more effectively and more efficiently, let's say make more potions from one try, or fail less when gathering Starlight Roses. Leveling a profession is needed if you want to craft some pre-Legion things that still require some amount of skill, lets say 600. But in general, you can make or gather Legion stuff with 0 skill, just by learning it from the trainer. The only thing I've experienced is that you need a certain amount of Skinning to be able to skin Legion mobs. So basically you only need to learn the skill and you can start making/gathering materials, but to get better, you need to upgrade your recipes with the 3-star system. Note that not all recipes can be learned from the trainers. Hope I've cleared your turmoils.

Greetings,
Stimulation

Greetings,
Stimulation
Former WoW Freakz Game Master
Make sure to join our Discord server as well!

Legion Heirlooms Guide
0 0

RNGesus

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-07-2019 16:43)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 03-10-2018, 22:45:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

That was a great and very thorough answer. Thanks a lot
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 04-05-2024, 13:00:46
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x