User
Pass
2FA

Best alliance race for rogue in pvp

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message674
Lightstrikes

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-07-2019 12:08)

Post Posted: 18-04-2019, 01:13:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

What is the best alliance race with good racial for rogue in pvp ?
0 0

Bow

[Salty]

(since 04-07-2021 16:05)

Votes: 66

Post Posted: 18-04-2019, 11:11:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Race doesnt matter much, but human is the best rogue race on alliance overall.

Guild Master and Raid Leader of

0 0

klender44

[Mentally Stable]

(since 14-08-2021 21:56)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 13-05-2019, 13:48:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Considering that the PvP template stat squish is so significant, the 1%/2% passive bonuses (like gnome 1% haste increase or night elf 1% shadow dmg reduction) don't really matter, so you gotta choose purely from active racial abilities (or aesthetic, which is why my rogue is undead). Here is the list of options you got, ranked in the order from best to worst based on my personal opinion (and a little experience in the mix):

1. Human: Every Man for Himself
2. Dwarf: Stoneform
3. Night Elf: Shadowmeld
4. Gnome: Escape Artist
5. Worgen: Darkflight
6. Pandaren: Quaking Palm

Here is why I ordered the list the way I did:
1. Humans have a 2nd trinket that removes stuns, the only CC in which you can die. Shares a 30sec CD with honorable medallion (thought it was 45sec), but allows humans to run Relentless consistently, as you are the most vulnerable in the kill windows provided by a stun.

2. Dwarves are the only race that can remove bleed effects consistently, which is the only debuff (except for the buggy murder of crows) that a rogue can't remove by himself through cloak of shadows (unless you want to have Feathered Luffa available and bound, and I'm not even sure you can use them in bgs). The 10% physical dmg reduction is also quite significant to our survivability. Rogues are quite squishy if you hadn't noticed until now.

3. Night Elves have an OhShit button, a 2nd vanish if you'd like. Super sweet on-use effect in instanced PvP, and not half bad in PvE. I haven't played night elf since mists, but it sure as hell did it's job back then and it probably does the same now. I don't know if it's still in the game, but time it right and you could avoid certain spell casts by melding them (or at least make the warlock lose you as a target after death coil).

4. The 1min CD might be a lifesaver, it often works like another mobility button. The reason this one is so low is because rogues already have the Maneuverability honor talent, which is the best in that row.

5. Twice the CD of sprint, and almost half the effect. You won't catch a frost or arcane mage simply by pressing this button.

6. Quaking Palm shares a DR with sap and outlaw's gouge, so for outlaw rogues this is completely useless. For assa/sub, this is not as much as a reset button as night elves' Shadowmeld (unless you sprint away as soon as you incap), more like an additional interrupt button (that removes your poisons and bleeds).

Honestly, the list options aren't "to scale". I would say the first 3 options (human, dwarf, and night elf) are so much better than bottom 3. But, and again honestly, pick one you think looks fine as hell, since you'll be looking at that char and your transmog for quite a while if it's your main.

Honorable mentions to passive abilities which might have an impact on PvP gameplay (at least slightly) are human's The Human Spirit, and night elves' Quickness. The other passives just aren't worth considering.

Last edited by klender44 on 13-05-2019, 13:49:33; edited 1 time in total
1 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 23-04-2024, 17:26:34
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x