User
Pass
2FA

[EN] Retribution Paladin Guide PvE | In-Depth 7.3.5
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message60807
Flashmoo

[Skill Capped]

(since 18-01-2022 12:25)

Votes: 140

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 26-07-2018, 15:36:52 [Valuable post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

7.3.5 Retribution Paladin Guide PvE | In-Depth

1.Introduction

Hello everybody,

My in-game name is Meow, I'm playing since wotlk on a lot of servers and on this server I was in 2-3 cool guilds with several wins at pve events and a lot of realm first, including Realm First Kil'Jaeden.

This is a retribution pve guilde focused on dps. I will give tips & tricks about how to do a clear rotation in order to never look on your spells bar, what to do at some bosses from any dungeon and raid if you can do more than dmg, where to focus your eyes when you are only doing your rotation, what stats are the best and why, what legendary are the best and why, what addons to use in order to have an easier life, what macros to use in order to save time and Q/A.

Those being said, let's begin!

2.Race

Only 6 races can be played by a paladin:

• Draenei, Dwarf, Human and Lightforged Draenei at the Alliance.
  • Blood Elf and Tauren at the Horde.

Alliance

Draenei

• Heroic Presence - Increase strength, agility, and intellect by 425 at lvl 110.
  • Gift of the Naaru - Heals the friendly target for 20% of the caster's total health over 5 seconds. 40 yard range. 3 minute cooldown.
  • Shadow Resistance - Reduces Shadow damage taken by 1%.

Dwarf

• Might of the Mountain - Critical Strike damage and healing increased by 2%.
  • Stoneform - Removes all poison, disease, curse, magic, and bleed effects and reduces all physical damage taken by 10% for 8 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.
  • Frost Resistance - Reduces Frost damage taken by 1%.

Human

• The Human Spirit - You gain 2% more from all secondary stats "Haste, Crit, Mastery, Versatility" from all sources.
  • Every Man for Himself - Remove all stun effects has a 2 minute cooldown, shares a 30 second cooldown similar effects (trinkets).

Lightforged Draenei

• Light's Judgment - Call down a strike of Holy energy, dealing Holy damage to enemies within 5 yards after 3 sec. (scalling with your stats)
  • Light's Reckoning - Erupt with Light upon death. Deals Holy damage to enemies within 8 yards and heals allies. (scalling with your stats)
  • Holy Resistance - Reduces Holy damage taken by 1%.

Horde

Blood Elf

• Arcane Acuity - Increases critical strike chance by 1%.
  • Arcane Torrent - Silence all enemies within 8 yards for 2 seconds and restore 1 Holy Power, 1.5 minute cooldown.
  • Arcane Resistance - Reduces Arcane damage taken by 1%.

Tauren

• Brawn - Critical strike damage and healing increased by 2%.
  • War stomp - Stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yards for 2 seconds with 0.5 second cast time and 1.5 minute cooldown.
  • Endurance - Increases your stamina by 1283 at lvl 110.

Top races order by dps:

1. Blood Elf
    2. Human
    3. Lightforged Draenei
    4. Tauren = Dwarf
    5. Draenei

Tips & Tricks:
With the Arcane Torrent you can generate 1 holy power and while you have Crusade you can do 15 stacks faster.

I personally like more the Tauren race, so play what you like the most.

3.Talents

In order to understand what talents to use in a encounter you have to read the tooltype of you spells and talents and see what is the priority for single and multiple targets.

Tier 1:

• Final Verdict: Increase your Templar's Verdict by 20% and your Divine Storm by 10%.
    Go for this talent! Is great for singlet target and cleave fights.

• Execution Sentence: A hammer that deals its dmg after 7 sec and 20 sec cd, cd/dot gets reduced by haste.
    I don't recommend playing with this talent in pve as you have to keep an eye on it. But is very useful in pvp.

• Consecration: Does dmg to all enemies in the circle around you.
    This talent is mainly used for fights where you stand still and just pump aoe out constantly (3+ targets). Currently there are no fights in the game other then some mythic +.

Overview:
    Currently I would go for Final Verdict over anything, as it gives you great single target dmg with some cleave without having to use another global and lose the legendary cloak buff.

Tier 2:

• The Fires of Justice: Reduces the CD of CS by 1.0 sec and has a 15% chance to reduce your next holy spender by 1.
    Very good with legendary cloak, but keep in mind that on this patch our main stat will be mastery.

• Zeal: Replaces CS, each time you use Zeal you get a stack that allows you to attack up to 1 additional target stacking up 3 times.
    Zeal deals more dmg than CS, and has a longer CD on the charges, but it gives you great cleave opportunity. Mainly this talent is only used if you have the legendary ring or a fight where there is always something to cleave. You should sim your character to find out if this talent is worth it or not as it changes a lot depending on your gear.

• Greater Judgment: Makes your Judgment hit 2 additional targets and always crit on targets above 50% health.
    Go for this talent! As we are playing with mastery, judgement will start doing dmg, alot of dmg, and taking in consideration that the fight are harder and take longer especially when the boss is low hp, this is a must have talent.

Overview:
    Greater Judgment is the must have talent over all.

Tier 3:

• Fist of Justice: Reduces the CD of your Hammer of Justice after every Holy Power spender you use you can get 2 Hammers out in 1 swing with this talent, and other then that all it does is just reduce your stun by a bit.

• Repetance: Incapacitating the target for 1min and dealing 25% of its health over that 1min. Only works on demons, dragonkin, giants, humanoids, undead. Pretty much speaks for it self, if you have anything you need to cc you should go for this.

• Blinding Light: Disorients all targets around you interrupting their casts and making them wander around for 6 sec if you don't attack them.
    Doesn't work on all enemies, but otherwise serves as a mass interrupt.

Overview:
    I mainly go for Blinding Light here, but go for whatever your raid/dungeon needs.

Tier 4:

• Virtue's Blade: If BoJ crits it deals 3 times the normal Damage.
    The only way I can see this talent being any good is if you have a ton of crit, like 40%, as the other choices are way to strong atm compared to this.

• Blade of Wrath: Auto attacks have a chance to reset your CD on BoJ.
    Great for pure single target dmg and has a chance to give you a lot of Holy Power in a very short time, but it all comes down to procs.

• Divine Hammer: Replaces your BoJ and deals holy dmg to all enemies around you.

Overview:
    Atm everyone goes for Blade of Wrath as it is the strongest talent right now.
    As for AOE I don't think anything has a chance to beat out Divine Hammer.

Tier 5:

• Justicar's Vengeance: Uses 5 Holy Power to deal a massive attack and restore health equal to the dmg done, it also deals 100% additional dmg and healing to a stunned target.
    If you have the legendary cloak look away from this talent, right now there is no point in picking it, as it takes 5 holy power and it barely does more dmg than Templar's Verdict.

• Eye for an Eye: Reduces physical dmg you take by 35% and it counterattacks enemies for a small amount of dmg. Lasts 10 sec.
    Great for almost any dungeon/raid, if both your tanks die you can pop this and take a few hits before you need to bubble. Also good if you need to tank an add or if the boss does an aoe ability that deals physical dmg.

• Word of Glory: Use it in M+, is very useful if you have CoT.

Overview:
    As I said, Justicar's Vengeance is just to weak to take for anything, so pick either Eye for an Eye or Word of Glory depending on what your raid/dungeon needs.

Tier 6:

• Divine Intervention: If you were to die, Divine Shield will insta pop and heal you for 20% of your max health. It also reduces the cd on Divine Shield by 20%.
    This is the talent you mostly see everyone use cuz well, its an auto bubble. I mainly go for this early on in progression as in it allows me to not insta die if something goes wrong, and be able to push that extra dps to either make it to the next phase or see something new.

• Cavalier: Really great for high movement fights.

• Judgment of Light: Judgment applies Judgment of Light to the target with 40 charges and anyone who attacks this will be healed for a very small amount.
    You can use this talent if the healers have a hard time.

Overview:
    Again it comes down to what you need - do you need a 4 min bubble or a 5 min, or do you need to move around a lot, or are healers rly having a hard time. Pick what is needed of you.

Tier 7:

• Divine Purpose: Holy Power consuming abilities have a chance to make your next Holy Power spender free.
    Could be good if you need instant dmg but atm it's just too weak compared to Crusade for a 2 min cd. And keep in mind that we have a legendary ring that can pick this talent.

• Crusade: Replaces Avenging Wrath, increases your Dmg and haste by 3% for 20 sec and each holy power spent during it increases it by another 3%, stacking up to 15 times.
    This talent is our best choice for any fight, it takes some time to learn how to open with this talent as it all changes depending on how many Crusade relics you have, but once you get used to it nothing beats this.

• Holy Wrath: Deals 200% of your missing health in holy dmg to 4 nearby enemies, up to 120% of your max health.
    Who wants to be low health in any raid/dungeon fight, even if you got this spell off it still deals almost no dmg.

Overview:
    As of Right now Crusade is just by far the best talent here, mainly because the 2 other choices are just too weak to even compare them to it. On how to play with Crusade, check out my opener guide section.

Talents builds:

Talents single/aoe target without T21 2P:

Talents single target with T21 2P:

Talents for +4 targets with T21 2P:

4.Artifact

Artifact path:

5.Netherlight Cruciable & Relics

Netherlight Crucible:

Spoiler:

6.Rotation

The rotation is not the easiest, especially in burst.
In order to do high dmg you have to bind all you spells, know what are the priorities to generate and consume HP and know what is the burst rotation.

Before you are about to start the encounter, use potion and SoV in order to reuse potion in combat and to also do dmg with SoV and DH if you are using in that fight.

7.Stats

• The main stat is Strength, you are getting this stat from almost all your gear.

• Secondary stats priority:

• Haste (+25%) > Mastery > Critical(+25%) > Haste = Critical

• Tips & Tricks:
    Spoiler:

8.Gems, Enchants & Consumables

9.Best Legendaries & Trinkets

10.Macro & Addons

Spoiler:

11.M+ & Raid - Tips & Tricks

Thank you!

Retribution Paladin Guide PvE | In-Depth 7.3.5
Protection Paladin Guide PvE | In-Depth 7.3.5
Holy Paladin Guide PvE | In-Depth 7.3.5

Last edited by Flashmoo on 22-04-2020, 11:42:22; edited 40 times in total
32 0

jewllr

[Mentally Stable]

(since 25-05-2019 16:14)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 29-08-2018, 18:33:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Nice guide! Thanks for the tips.

1 0

Flashmoo

[Skill Capped]

Post Posted: 10-09-2018, 14:56:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thank you, @jewllr!

I'm going to update this guide monthly based on what is happening on the server.

- 6k players on server -> lag -> we have to change our stats in order to have a better rotation/dps.
- I'm going to change the BiS gear with all the items that you can get by playing, not by buying.
- I'm going to add more Tips & Tricks.

I've updated the guide!

- added 2 new rotations + all from above

0 0

Cosmin050895

[Who Cares]

(since 19-02-2022 21:27)

Votes: 27

Post Posted: 16-09-2018, 09:31:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Periculos rau guide-ul asta, Meow. Ma face sa vreau sa-l cresc pe "Buryourpain." -

Good job tho, am facut si eu guide pentru DK Unholy & Frost PvP si stiu ca necesita timp si rabdare.

HKP e baza!

Exorcizare Gets 100.000 Honorable Kills

1 0

Visan15

[Ambassador]

(since 09-12-2019 20:20)

Votes: 67

Post Posted: 13-11-2018, 15:09:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Pacat ca nu am reputatie , a avut cineva grija de mine -

Super guide ! -

1 0

Flashmoo

[Skill Capped]

Post Posted: 02-03-2019, 10:14:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello everyone,

I've updated the guide to the current patch (7.2.5)!
Feel free to add comments and your personal opinion

Cheers!

1 0

Chamath

[Mentally Stable]

(since 30-05-2020 00:34)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 11-03-2019, 04:55:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello what about the bug, talent Righteous Verdict doesn't work on Divine Hammer, for now only on Blade of Justice.
0 0

Flashmoo

[Skill Capped]

Post Posted: 11-03-2019, 19:30:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Chamath wrote:
Hello what about the bug, talent Righteous Verdict doesn't work on Divine Hammer, for now only on Blade of Justice.

There are a lot of bugs about retribution paladin.
But I am playing with Divine Hammer at dungeons where you have to do more aoe then single target.

0 0

MrCloudy

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-06-2019 14:13)

Post Posted: 22-05-2019, 06:26:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

any best trinket that can replace ur bis single target trinket Specter of Betrayal ?? since that trinket was dropped by kill jaeden even tho this boss is not avaiable right now
0 0

Flashmoo

[Skill Capped]

Post Posted: 22-05-2019, 09:38:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

MrCloudy wrote:
any best trinket that can replace ur bis single target trinket Specter of Betrayal ?? since that trinket was dropped by kill jaeden even tho this boss is not avaiable right now

Hi MrCloudy,

Here are other good trinkets for single target:
- Infernal Cinders
- Memento of Angerboda
- Horn of Valor
- Cradle of Anguish

You can pick any 2 trinkets from above, all are really fine.

My personal opinion is that Infernal Cinders & Memento of Angerboda are the best options, but take in consideration that Memento of Angerboda is very very very hard to have it with a decent ilvl (920+).

Hope I've answered your question.

0 0

Flashmoo

[Skill Capped]

Post Posted: 10-08-2019, 13:36:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Update:

- added more tips & tricks

0 0

zerodeaths

[Mentally Stable]

(since 26-10-2022 12:14)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 21-08-2019, 18:40:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Nice guide! -

[EN] Protection Paladin Guide (In-Depth 7.2.5.)

0 0

Flashmoo

[Skill Capped]

Post Posted: 29-08-2019, 12:52:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thank you, @zerodeaths! And GL with your Paladin Protection guide :)

I've updated the Tips & Tricks with Fallen Avatar.

Last edited by Flashmoo on 29-08-2019, 12:55:14; edited 1 time in total
1 0

rarimo

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-06-2023 22:18)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 09-09-2019, 22:44:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thank you , i've always wanted to play ret paladin and this guide will help me alot
Thank you

0 0

Skillshot

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-10-2022 20:08)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 12-09-2019, 23:02:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Flashmoo wrote:
Update:

- added more tips & tricks

Flashmoo wrote:
MrCloudy wrote:

Hi MrCloudy,

Here are other good trinkets for single target:
- Infernal Cinders
- Memento of Angerboda
- Horn of Valor
- Cradle of Anguish

You can pick any 2 trinkets from above, all are really fine.

My personal opinion is that Infernal Cinders & Memento of Angerboda are the best options, but take in consideration that Memento of Angerboda is very very very hard to have it with a decent ilvl (920+).

Hope I've answered your question.

Somehow you omitted Vial of ceaseless toxins... Actually got 930 Memento - pretty mediocre trinket for ret, and it sims lower than 915 Vial, I also wouldn't put Cradle in this top 4 list.
This list, generally may be uses as reference - https://imgur.com/a/GNleu

Also, you might check what ppl actually played with. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/13/#partition=1&&boss=2032&&class=Paladin&&spec=Retribution

Cinders and Vial were top preferences on retail this patch...

Last edited by Skillshot on 12-09-2019, 23:06:41; edited 1 time in total
1 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next    

The time now is 28-03-2024, 09:58:53
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x