User
Pass
2FA

Tomb of Sargeras
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message46707
Midius

[Mentally Stable]

(since 25-10-2023 10:15)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 25-12-2019, 16:02:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Boss: Engine of souls (all modes)
Spells: Wailing souls and Tormented cries

Bug description: The behavior of these two spells is a bit different on retail, making the freakz boss overtuned, specifically:

(1) Wailing souls is not cast below 35% of shared bosses HP. If the cast is successful (a bit) above this percentage, Soul Queen Dejahna will stop channeling once the desolate host is ready to spawn at ~30%; all the logs/videos agree to this, see the video in the proof, or this example if you want a log, and many others for a similar fight duration

(2) Tormented cries is not cast below 35% of shared bosses HP. If Engine of souls is still channeling at 35%, it should stop the channel. See the Method video in the proof for an example. Again, all logs/videos agree to this

I found this while trying to understand the damage taken on retail, it was a bit difficult to pin down since it is a phased encounter and these behaviors are not documented on wowhead/etc., but checking a large number of logs (and the available videos) it is possible to deduce the values. It applies on all modes, not only mythic, and would make tanking/healing during the "overlap" easier (because, actually these spells are not cast while all 3 bosses are active on blizzard)

Note: About the logs, the boss on retail has a second enrage (Devour soul) so that you never see a 3rd cast of tormented cries in any kill; I don't know if it is implemented here

Proof:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Midius on 25-12-2019, 16:02:55; edited 1 time in total
1 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13    

The time now is 28-03-2024, 20:35:46
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x