User
Pass
2FA

[DUPLICATE] [Hunter] [Marksmanship] Disengage w/ Posthaste talent vs roots

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message1646
Needix3

[Mentally Stable]

(since 17-06-2021 07:51)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 03-08-2020, 16:18:33 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=118922&&name=posthaste
https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=781&&name=disengage

Bug description: Posthaste talent is not working in some situations I encountered. First time it happened I was in The Arcway, at Nal'Tira, when spider mobs spawned and they root on you, using disengage with posthaste talent should free me, which didn't happen. Another example is in Vault of the Wardens, mobs before Cordana, specifically Aranasi Broodmothers when they cast root on the ground, if I were to go through that bush they spawned and get rooted, disengage should free me. I am not sure if this happens in every dungeon that has root mechanics or only these two but I will test more and come with updates.

Proof: Right now I dont have any proof because I didn't record in keys due to the fact I wasn't sure it'll happen again, but it can also be easily tested if that so. I will bring proof as soon as possible

UPDATE: video link for EOA https://youtube.com/watch?v=mck5AuDhqpg:

- as you can see when rooted by Binder Ashioi, disengage doesn't free me at all. This happens with every root mechanics in dungeons.

UPDATE 2: I think I found the issue https://trello.com/c/byjMYoub/876-hunter-posthaste-talent, when this was fixed it broke the way the talent works. Posthaste breaks only slowing debuffs right now, meaning it only works if you are capable to move in order for posthaste to activate after the jump when you touch the ground. If you get rooted in place, no movement possible, posthaste is not working. It should remove any movement impairing effect immediately not after you land. The speed buff should apply after you land and the damage reduction as soon as you cast disengage, that's how it should work.
proof of how it should work: https://youtube.com/watch?v=uDJm6vDuwRI:

7:38, he uses disengage mid air, instantly breaking the root and the posthaste speed buff is applied when he lands, this is not the case here on freakz, disengage frees you from any movement impairing effect (slowing or snares effects, not roots) only after you land.

As mentioned before. This happens with every root mechanics. So please look into it.

Last edited by Needix3 on 25-08-2020, 12:44:38; edited 7 times in total
1 0

Govedovud

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-12-2020 14:39)

Post Posted: 26-08-2020, 10:21:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Spell was working fine after new patch and 3 to 4 weeks ago all of a sudden I started getting killed by morons because I can't kite them... Also Bursting Shot...OMG where do I start??? During Bursting Shot warrior can charge, dk can grip, warrior can stun with stormbolt, if you in melee range they will WHITE attack you... Glider gets removed by being charged which is TOTAL BULLSHIT !!! Greater Pyro hits through Aspect of Turtle, Feign Death doesn't insta drop combat AND doesn't stop the enemy from casting his spell or if a hunter - his shot... Freezing Trap can be reflected by warrior which is also TOTAL BULLSHIT !!! And the best part for last there is some bug where you join a battleground and for some reason there are people there you just cannot slow, after every Concussive Shot it says IMMUNE, those are mostly rogues but sometimes other classes too... My Windburst missed A blood elf hunter which is IMPOSSIBLE if working correctly... Rogues vanishing removes my A Murder of Crows from them and effectively doesn't take them out of stealth after their 3sec immunity ends... Also Cheat Death and Cauterize shouldn't reset after death in battlegrounds... Now tell me how does one play a spec OBVIOUSLY built for GREAT SKILL when nothing is working ???
0 1

Needix3

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 26-08-2020, 12:16:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Govedovud wrote:
Spell was working fine after new patch and 3 to 4 weeks ago all of a sudden I started getting killed by morons because I can't kite them... Also Bursting Shot...OMG where do I start??? During Bursting Shot warrior can charge, dk can grip, warrior can stun with stormbolt, if you in melee range they will WHITE attack you... Glider gets removed by being charged which is TOTAL BULLSHIT !!! Greater Pyro hits through Aspect of Turtle, Feign Death doesn't insta drop combat AND doesn't stop the enemy from casting his spell or if a hunter - his shot... Freezing Trap can be reflected by warrior which is also TOTAL BULLSHIT !!! And the best part for last there is some bug where you join a battleground and for some reason there are people there you just cannot slow, after every Concussive Shot it says IMMUNE, those are mostly rogues but sometimes other classes too... My Windburst missed A blood elf hunter which is IMPOSSIBLE if working correctly... Rogues vanishing removes my A Murder of Crows from them and effectively doesn't take them out of stealth after their 3sec immunity ends... Also Cheat Death and Cauterize shouldn't reset after death in battlegrounds... Now tell me how does one play a spec OBVIOUSLY built for GREAT SKILL when nothing is working ???

I am not sure about any of PVP bugs since I am not a PVP fan but yes, some spells are not working correctly since they were "fixed". Especially Disengage and Feign Death. Also Feign Death was confirmed not working properly, the only thing we can do is wait and hope that devs will focus on fixing hunters too..

0 0

alextoma442

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-12-2020 15:04)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 30-09-2020, 08:41:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Govedovud wrote:

As a hunter I do constantly pvp, my name is Rngbesddmg, I totally agree with you, there are a lot bugs, and the most annoying of all is the disengage bug that doesnt free you from snares but triggers cd , the feign death and the turtle aspect in which stuns and grip go through. There are a lot of bugs all of the sudden with hunters, and indeed taking into account that hunter is currently an unplayable class in arena pvp, there is a lot of skill that has to be put in now to overwrite the existing horrible bugs. As if things weren„t hard enough.... Also aspect of the cheetah does not give dodge and immunity for snares, yet no gm commented on that yet... its good they re fixing quests that no one does...

Last edited by alextoma442 on 30-09-2020, 08:42:03; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Warbike

[Creep]

(since 27-03-2022 18:48)

Votes: 40

Post Posted: 01-10-2020, 21:45:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

alextoma442 wrote:
Govedovud wrote:

As a hunter I do constantly pvp, my name is Rngbesddmg, I totally agree with you, there are a lot bugs, and the most annoying of all is the disengage bug that doesnt free you from snares but triggers cd , the feign death and the turtle aspect in which stuns and grip go through. There are a lot of bugs all of the sudden with hunters, and indeed taking into account that hunter is currently an unplayable class in arena pvp, there is a lot of skill that has to be put in now to overwrite the existing horrible bugs. As if things weren„t hard enough.... Also aspect of the cheetah does not give dodge and immunity for snares, yet no gm commented on that yet... its good they re fixing quests that no one does...

This is a private server, you're playing free and your class isn't the only with serious bugs.
Make a bug report for each bug you found. It will help a lot devs.
Complaining under another bug report doesn't fix the issue.

Last edited by Warbike on 01-10-2020, 21:47:36; edited 2 times in total
0 0

Durotar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-06-2023 15:38)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 03-10-2020, 15:25:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Warbike wrote:

there's certainly not enough devs in the project
250 confirmed bugs, they fix may be one a day
some of them a ridiculously easy to fix, like the one that hunters are missing 1k (this is 20%) armor in pvp
the bug is almost 5 months old

0 0

alextoma442

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-12-2020 15:04)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 05-10-2020, 09:00:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Warbike wrote:
alextoma442 wrote:
Govedovud wrote:

This is a private server, you're playing free and your class isn't the only with serious bugs.
Complaining under another bug report doesn't fix the issue.

I do not play for free, I donate constantly for the server, more than the majority, that is why I can talk about my class problems. Also I always report bugs, that is mandatory, I am not complaining randomly.

Last edited by alextoma442 on 05-10-2020, 09:03:34; edited 1 time in total
1 0

Durotar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-06-2023 15:38)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 06-10-2020, 00:24:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

alextoma442 wrote:
Also I always report bugs

i've been playing quite a long time on different private servers
what i can surely say: if you want hunter to be 'playable' then report other classes' bugs

most of the classes are OP
and they will never report 'good' bugs

0 0

Needix3

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 08-10-2020, 15:29:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Bug was confirmed by devs. No need to comment about this anymore.

https://trello.com/c/cvqkcLJk/1149-hunter-posthaste-vs-roots

0 0

zeakey

[Class Mod]

(since 18-08-2023 15:08)

Votes: 16

Post Posted: 19-10-2020, 00:17:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thank you for your report. I do understand your frustration. Please be patient while devs work on already existing bug report.

Trello card:

https://trello.com/c/cvqkcLJk/1149-hunter-posthaste-vs-roots

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by zeakey, 18 October 2020 22:17

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 29-03-2024, 08:27:40
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x