User
Pass
2FA

Useful addons - BFA (addon name + description + working link for Freakz version)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> General Discussion
Author Message3415
ZaChing

[Mentally Stable]

(since 12-06-2021 21:58)

Post Posted: 20-12-2020, 21:20:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Useful addons

I'll add more formatting (and useful updates / ideas from the community) in the following days. Will also update with relevant information as new phases arrive.

The addons I recommend below can be useful to anyone regardless of class / spec. These are all the addons I currently use on a regular basis (or used in case of alternatives), but would love to hear about more recommendations from you guys and if I find them useful as well, will add them to this post. This list is entirely my selection made up from multiple videos / articles that I followed over time. None of the addons are made by me (maybe there will be some in the future, who knows). Some of the descriptions are copied directly from the place where you also download them (I only copied those that made enough sense and were concise enough) - I highly advise you to check the '>>More Info<<' links as well.

P.P.S. Anyone got any ideas why the image tag is not working?

1. HandyNotes

Description

This addon helps you keep track of important stuff on your maps. You can add notes in different places yourself to remember important things in the future or use extensions such as HandyNotes: Battle for Azeroth Treasures and others to add notes that other people found important and put together for everybody to use.

>>More Info<<

Link

2. World Quests List

Description

Compact list of all world quests in current zone or whole Broken Isles. New quests will be highlighted, so you can easly check them. Factions with active bounty quests are marked with green color.

>>More Info<<

Link

3. QuestPlates

Description

Shows your current quest progress directly on unit nameplates, with the number of mobs you have left to kill or items to collect.

>>More Info<<

Link

4. Details! Damage Meter (not only for damage)

Description

Details! Damage Meter is a popular addon that tracks information and statistics about a combat encounter in World of Warcraft. It is most commonly used to view damage per second and healing per second numbers when in instanced PvE or PvP such as raids or arenas, but has many other features and uses. It also has customization options so you can personalize both how it behaves and how it appears. This guide provides a basic overview of the core features and tools Details has and how to use them as well as explanations for the customization options.

>>More Info<<

Link

5. AdiBags

Description

AdiBags displays the content of your bags in one view, distributed into several sections using smart filters.

>>More Info<<

Link

6. Bagnon (AdiBags alternative - has upsides and downsides comparde to AdiBags)

Description

It organizes all bags into a single window, highlights important items and helps you find them using a search engine. It supports the inventory, bank, void storage and guild bank, which can be viewed at any time, from anywhere and from any character.

Bagnon can fit into any UI and player, as both its appearance and behavior is highly customizable. Many more advanced features are also available, such as tooltip item counts, item cleaning, and databroker support.

>>More Info<<

Link

7-8. BigWigs + Little Wigs

Description

BigWigs is a boss encounter add-on. It consists of many individual encounter scripts, or boss modules; mini add-ons that are designed to trigger alert messages, timer bars, sounds, and so forth, for one specific raid encounter.

>>More Info<<

Big Wigs
Little Wigs (requires Big Wigs)

9. DBM (alternative to BigWigs + LittleWigs)

Description

Deadly Boss Mods is a boss alert mod. It consists of many individual "boss modules", mini addons that are designed to trigger alert messages and timer bars for one specific raid boss each. Instance modules will be loaded and enabled when you enter the corresponding instance. In most cases only one module will be running at any given time.

>>More Info<<

Link

10. Leatrix Plus

Description

Leatrix Plus is an efficient and modular addon which offers lots of quality of life improvements to enhance the default user interface in Shadowlands.

Will update with my own settings in the following days!

>>More Info<< + Video

Link

11. Plater

Description

Plater is a nameplate addon with a extraordinary amount of settings, out of the box debuff tracking and threat coloring, support for scripting similar to weakauras.

>>More Info<<

Link

12. WeakAuras2

Description

WeakAuras is a powerful and flexible framework that allows the display of highly customizable graphics on World of Warcraft's user interface to indicate buffs, debuffs, and other relevant information. This addon was created to be a lightweight replacement for Power Auras but has since introduced more functionalities while remaining efficient and easy to use.

>>More Info<<

Dedicated website from where you can import WeakAuras2.

30 min video to understand how to use WeakAuras2 (I highly recommend it for beginners).

Link

13. Minimap Button Frame

Description

This little addon will gather up all of your addon minimap buttons and put them into a movable frame.

>>More Info<<

Link

14. Talent Set Manager

Description

This addon adds the possibility to store and learn entire sets of talents, the list of sets can be toggled using the button in the top-right corner of the Talent frame.

With the introduction of 1 minute limit tomes to change talents.. time is of the essence. Talent Set Manager lets you change your talents quickly, with just a double-click!

>>More Info<<

Link

15. BtWQuests

Description

A quest journal that shows your progress within quest chains in a simple and easy to follow manner, showing not only your current quest but also all the future quests in the line, how they all connect and other quest lines they lead to or require.

>>More Info<<

Link

16. CopyPasta

Description

Makes copy and paste functions more accessible.

>>More Info<<

Link

17. Premade Groups Filter

Description

Premade Groups Filter helps you limit the search results of the LFG Premade Groups tool. You can filter by difficulty or for groups with a specific composition of members, e.g. one tank, no heals and 3 dps. Filtering is done using a separate window next to the list of groups. Advanced users are able to enter powerful filter expressions to find exactly what they are looking for.

>>More Info<<

Link

18. Pawn

Description

Pawn helps you find upgrades for your gear and tell which of two items is better for your spec. Start with built-in advice from Ask Mr. Robot, or customize Pawn's stat weights to have it suggest items based on your favorite class guide or simulator. Pawn can help you decide whether it's better to use the cloak with 100 mastery or the one with 80 crit—whether you're just starting out, or you're an advanced player who plans out gear upgrades and regularly simulates and evaluates performance.

>>More Info<<

Link (the link is not from curseforge, because the 8.3.0 version is not there anymore. Found it on this Russian site dedicated to wow addons.

19. Azeroth Auto Pilot

Description

Azeroth Auto Pilot is a leveling addon. It helps you level really fast. Very important information -> there is a command (multiple ones actually, but one is easier to understand for everyone) -> "/aap skip" without the commas. This will help you skip steps in the leveling process that might not be implemented when you will be using this. (steps meaning different side-quests -> the main quest line is fully scripted from what I understand).

This will be a little trickier to use if you didn't use it before until all the side quests are implemented. I might come with a short Freakz tutorial on this later on this month (maybe!).

>>More Info<<

Link

DISCLAIMER! Even though, I tried my best so that all the links provided by me are compatible with the version currently present on Freakz, I haven't exhaustive tested all these addons on the actual server yet, so some might work properly, some might not so much. I used them when I played BFA on retail. Will come back with updates as I figure them out as well.

P.S. Will be more inclined to answer any of your questions, if you first thank (me and other people who might contribute to the guide in the future) for the work that was invested. This is more of a wish to nurture a grateful community rather than actually needing/feeding on these thanks.

Last edited by ZaChing on 20-12-2020, 21:28:45; edited 3 times in total
0 0

xHashii

[Mentally Stable]

(since 03-10-2021 11:59)

Post Posted: 11-01-2021, 06:26:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

A couple of addons that I use that you could put in there.

Exsorsus Raid Tools - https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/exorsus-raid-tools/files/3069951

ClassicNumbers - https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/classicnumbers/files/3058289

Bartender4 - https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/bartender4/files/2870199

Gladius - https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/gladius/files/2887082

Hekili - https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/hekili/files/3070659

0 0

Stimulation

[Inner Voice]

(since 21-05-2023 08:36)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 11-01-2021, 09:23:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello,
It would be better if you posted your addons here.

Greetings,
Stimulation
Former WoW Freakz Game Master
Make sure to join our Discord server as well!

Legion Heirlooms Guide
0 0

ZaChing

[Mentally Stable]

(since 12-06-2021 21:58)

Post Posted: 11-01-2021, 11:35:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello! Thank you. Will do. Somehow I missed that section when doing this. My bad. -
0 0

Stimulation

[Inner Voice]

(since 21-05-2023 08:36)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 11-01-2021, 11:43:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello,
I will close this topic and you can post your addons in the one I provided.

Greetings,
Stimulation
Former WoW Freakz Game Master
Make sure to join our Discord server as well!

Legion Heirlooms Guide
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Stimulation, 11 January 2021 09:43

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> General Discussion  

The time now is 13-05-2024, 16:54:16
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x