User
Pass
2FA

Making PvP Great again (from 8.1 onwards)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> General Discussion -> Player vs Player
Author Message1726
Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

(since 11-11-2022 17:06)

Votes: 59

Post Posted: 01-04-2021, 11:10:53 [Valuable post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Good day to all of you!

As older players already know me, and newer ones are getting to, I played this 8.0 season on WoW freakz.
Since I am an avid PvP player, I saw that players are currently not so interested in PvP as they were back in the day.
I am opening this topic in order to highlight some improvements that should be made in order to bring back on track this aspect of the game and also keeping on track freakz's statement: "Making BFA better than retail".

The following points will be presented, some of them are already being worked on, some of the suggestions are new and I am awaiting staff's oppinion:
- Fixing the MMR System - Players are gaining rate at a harder rate than usual, this leads to discouragement for PvP participation (players being able to reach Combatant-challenger-rival-duelist-elite tiers with harder effort than usual) thus shrinking the PvP playerbase overall - This is in progress, confirmed by staff - trying to meet the 8.1 season start.
- Adding MMR/Rate inflation in the very last week of the season (MMR/Rate gain hugely increases in the last week of SSN, this way, we can make sure that people that farmed 2600 lets say on lower teams and are not queuing at the very end of the season will be passed over by active teams)

- Adding a PvP vendor was a great idea and being able to farm conquest and buy desired item is great, but this is also a huge drawback: 25 conquest/2v2 arena win is far less than optimal to gear up through PvP. It takes 20 arena wins to buy a base item + 30 more wins to upgrade it to elite.
My proposal here is to increase the conquest gain from arena wins by 100% (50 conquest/2v2 and 70 for 3v3 should't be a problem), and also offer 50% conquest (25/2v2 and 35/3v3) for a loose. This way even casual players will be motivated to spam arenas to grab better piece of gear and push for the next tier to upgrade their pieces.
Another point here would be that PvP pieces are often not BIS for certain classes (you can find at most 2-3 bis pvp pieces with desired stats), and it won't affect the usual flow of the game since many of BIS azerite pieces for PvP are obtained through PvE. Furthermore, being able to buy PvP pieces faster will encourage all players to try out arena (there are some PvP pieces that could have BIS stats for certain specs in pve - example:PvP cloak with haste>mastery that is BIS for Unholy PvE).

- Scripted warmode Air drops and Call to arms for World PvP - this can be a good bunch of conquest to earn for new characters. There are two forum posts with details regarding those issues:
https://forum.wow-freakz.com/War-mode-Supply-Air-Drops-t598113.html
https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Call-to-arms-daily-pvp-quests-t598114.html

More suggestions:
- Custom vendor with PvP rewards based on rate - this kind of vendor was added back in MoP with old season's tabards/mounts. Since there are plenty of old seasons that has no rewards given (back from Merciless to Warmongering there are 17 mounts to be obtained, 6 tabards, weapon enchants and several (6-9) elite sets for players to compete for).
LE: The vendor should have seasoned goodies for example: BFA PvP season 2 = TBC mounts, BFA SSN3 = Wotlk mounts, tabards and t2 weapons(wotlk was first to introduce t2 weapons, cool tmogs), BFA SSN4= Cataclysm mounts + Elite sets+weapons, BFA/Future expansion SSN = MoP Mounts, Tabards, Elite sets+weapons and weapon enchant (glorious Tyranny), Next SSN = WoD rewards, and so on. Like this you would rotate the rewards and make ppl queue contineously. Also PvP rewards such as mounts should be char specific, not acc-wide so the players will have to earn the specific rate.
The rate requirements should be between 1800 and 2400 (rewarding casuals also, but keeping up the competition also.
Remember the first season on MoP (Malevolent one) when they introduced such PvP vendor, but the rewards were 3v3 only. Bunch of people queued together to claim rewards, rank one in 3s being over 2600 rate, with many teams achieving 2400, but the majority of the players bought all rewards for that vendor and next seasons activity dropped. I am suggesting seasonal rewards in order for the players to have a reason to fight.
Once again, the vendor should be casuals-friendly in order to please anybody, and anybody should have a chance for some reward, being it a cool transmog set or a cool mount

- Custom weekly 2v2 or 3v3 PvP quest: obtain X amount of conquest from 2v2 or 3v3 arena (can be 2 separate quests to increase the activity even more), that can award players with a random item similar to the Warchest weekly reward
- Periodically 3v3 or 2v2 tournaments rewarding players with old rank one titles (there are 17 titles unused, if it's to make a tournament/month you would still have one and a half year to award all the titles and then the titles can be rotated). Also some of the 3v3 events could host Real money prizes to encourage players from outher servers to migrate to freakz (the requirement of participation shouldn't be something that blocks off foreign participation, this way the server will make some publicity
- 3v3 arena anouncer - to be seen if there are any 3v3 arena queues.

I know there are some custom suggestions in there, but I cannot find other ways of reviving the PvP aspect of the game. The population is exponentially lower than on retail,

More suggestions are welomed by everyone willing to revive the PvP on this server.

Last edited by Amnezx on 01-04-2021, 14:24:13; edited 3 times in total
14 1

waitforwin

[Royal Executor]

(since 13-11-2023 14:25)

Post Posted: 01-04-2021, 11:20:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I agree with everything mentioned above. Make PvP Great Again
2 0

soulflames

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-10-2022 15:02)

Votes: 22

Post Posted: 01-04-2021, 17:53:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Biiiug yes to this!!
1 1

Durotar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-06-2023 15:38)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 01-04-2021, 21:11:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Amnezx wrote:
"Making BFA better than retail".

why have you decided to remove your opinion about donators from the initial version of your post?

0 0

Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

(since 11-11-2022 17:06)

Votes: 59

Post Posted: 01-04-2021, 23:03:38 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Durotar wrote:
Amnezx wrote:
"Making BFA better than retail".

why have you decided to remove your opinion about donators from the initial version of your post?

It wasn't an opinion regarding donations, but regarding scaling. And I decided to remove it because first we have to se how it will be scripted, then how/if should be implemented into arenas.

0 1

Durotar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-06-2023 15:38)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 02-04-2021, 12:54:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

i think there are two major things that break PVP here

1) inequality caused by donors
2) imbalance caused by the bugs

and none of these will be fixed here -

1 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> General Discussion -> Player vs Player  

The time now is 20-04-2024, 06:51:48
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x