User
Pass
2FA

How safe is this revision of wow ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> General Discussion
Show only staff posts
Author Message3144
Shadowworg

[Mentally Stable]

(since 15-11-2021 20:23)

Post Posted: 13-04-2021, 19:49:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

So when playing it (with the freakz launcher) win 10 used(because is not doing it anymore) to throw me errors from the win defender ...(something among the lines of this is a unsigned app) which I used to bypass by clicking on run anyway...

Yet I've been asking myself how safe is to play here and how safe is running the actual .exe ...
I even looked up wow freakz safety on google(without many favorable answers)
Of course that I never had any virus related problems(and I played since MoP) , but this win 10 antivirus software error just kinda alarmed me ...

Can anyone answer about the actual safety of this game version ?

0 0

Fanca

[Super-Moderator]

(online 4 weeks ago)

Votes: 15

Post Posted: 13-04-2021, 21:15:07 [Valuable post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello Shadowworg,

The Freakz launcher is an injector, which injects itself into the WoW executable file to modify some things, such as what server the game connects to, aswell as re-writing the Breaking News window and allowing the use of the ingame shop. It also hooks the anti-cheat into the executable.

This behavior is used by some types of viruses, so while the detection is technically "correct", our launcher is not causing anything harmful to your computer, it just makes the executable compatible with our server.

Injectors are pretty shady so anti virus softwares don't like them and detect them as a virus - due to Trojans working basically the same way.

I can assure you that the files provided by us are 100% safe.

Regards,
Fanca

Feel free to contact me via forum PM or discord. (Fanca#6164)
2 0

Shadowworg

[Mentally Stable]

(since 15-11-2021 20:23)

Post Posted: 13-04-2021, 21:24:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Fine , I feel safer now , I kinda had the idea that is some sort of workaround , but now it makes sense .

Thank you for your answer , is reassuring to know that is safe after all ��

0 0

Fanca

[Super-Moderator]

(online 4 weeks ago)

Votes: 15

Post Posted: 13-04-2021, 21:57:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

No worries, glad that I was able to assist. Closing the topic.

Regards,
Fanca

Feel free to contact me via forum PM or discord. (Fanca#6164)
1 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Fanca, 13 April 2021 19:57

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> General Discussion  

The time now is 19-04-2024, 21:31:50
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x