User
Pass
2FA

[DUPLICATE] Warlock [Imp] Not following

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> Bug Report -> Rejected bugs
Author Message339
nabling

[Mentally Stable]

(since 19-12-2023 22:05)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 30-06-2021, 21:55:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link:
Character name: Ravebeaver [Destruction spec]
Bug description: Few days ago we noticed in mythic dungeons that my imp is periodicaly stoping and not following my character. That causes multiple unwanted pulls when combat is started because imp is running in straight line to get in range for his attacks, pulling mobs. Ordering him to follow by manualy clicking follow command fixes it but just for 2-3mins, and after that he stops again. As you can see in screenshot my imp is standing way to far from me, when he should follow me. Also there is a problem with pet attacking mobs as soon as I select them, when I click on mob just to target them, imp immediately starts casting firebolt. I think this bug is same as the one that happend to demo locks some weeks ago.
Proof: https://imgur.com/a/eVjBgdG

Last edited by nabling on 30-06-2021, 21:55:57; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Zlu

[Mentally Stable]

(since 29-02-2024 22:32)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 26-07-2021, 15:52:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

If you use the "Move To" function at any point and have placed your Imp (or any pet) at a certain position, it's gonna stay there until you press CTRL + 2 (Follow) It works in the same manner as it does on retail. Depending on where you are positioned it's gonna determine "through" which pathing when you use "Follow" function the Pet is gonna come to you. Also you should keep your pet on "Assist" instead of "Defensive". If you are using "Move To" frequently, I suggest resetting your pet with "Follow" function after each pack clear, just to be safe.

As far as the issue with Imp casting Firebolts as soon as you target a hostile NPC, it's a known and confirmed issue. If I am correct.

Warlock as a class has plenty micro and macro managing, regardless of the spec. So you should get used to that and learn to maneuver. Having /petattack on your spells can solve some issues, but it can also cause a lot. So if you have any macros in which you have /petattack then I highly suggest you remove that line.

0 0

nabling

[Mentally Stable]

(since 19-12-2023 22:05)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 26-07-2021, 19:39:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I know how pet commands works, and I never use "move to" for my imp as there is no need for that. Imp is on follow command all the time, and being on Defensive or Assist has nothing to do with that. As to pulling mobs, i know that when I click on follow and my pet is not next to me it will run to me in shortest path, but problem is when Imp stays behind and i target mobs for the next pull, he runs straight to that mobs to attack them, he's not running to me, and he pulls other groups on his way. Clicking follow command after every mob pack might be workaround but if Imp stops following, even when on follow command that's bug and should be fixed.
1 0

Mighty

[Mentally Stable]

(since 03-09-2022 20:59)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 23-08-2021, 12:47:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

General issue with pets. Duplicate.
https://trello.com/c/r7YX19Za/493-general-pet-issues

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Mighty, 23 August 2021 10:47

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> Bug Report -> Rejected bugs  

The time now is 26-04-2024, 15:23:31
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x