User
Pass
2FA

[REJECTED] [Nazjatar]Up Against It

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> Bug Report -> Rejected bugs
Author Message739
vamosaris3

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-07-2022 17:40)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 19-07-2021, 17:02:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/quest_helper.php?quest=56644&&name=up-against-it
Character name: Sofarsonear
Bug description: after the 1st part of the quest where you see the cinematic cutscene, when i arrive at the stairs and i m supposed to click on a scepter, i dont see any scepter...
abandoned q, relog, exiting game didnt worked
Proof: https://prnt.sc/1d4axz3

Update @ 19-07-2021, 17:02:11

after reloging 15 times, abandoning around 5-6 times i made it....
i abandoned q, retake it and never mount....dont know if thats the reason or it was random...

1 0

Dr_holydemon

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-09-2021 18:38)

Post Posted: 19-07-2021, 17:13:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I’m dealing with the same problem as you

0 0

Zaranthos

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-09-2023 21:28)

Post Posted: 23-07-2021, 21:32:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This quest is garbage. It has to be scripted badly. I've been dropping it, logging out, deleting cache, using unstuck, not mounting, I can get parts of it to finish but I can't seem to complete it, and it could be some phasing issue as well. Sometimes mobs are spawned at the end location, sometimes not, sometimes I can't investigate the noise. It's a mess of a quest. Sick of "trying" to complete it.

Seems this one quest stops me from getting Naz emissary started, and Mechagon is locked behind unlocking Naz. I've given up trying to complete it since I spent the good part of a day trying everything and not getting anywhere. I even used TomTom waypoints and guides on WoWhead to try and get it to work. Maybe it will work after the next server restart or something but it clearly has issues.

I spent two days on just this quest to complete it. I used coordinates, watched Youtube videos of how it was completed on retail, deleted cache, relogged, used unstuck, and no amount of repeating that in various ways helped. I finally just bitched about it on chat, opened a ticket where they were so very unhelpful telling me to do what I had already been doing, and quit trying to do all that. I just Stayed near the completion end where the quest was supposed to end, and I ran up and down the road a bunch of times. The quest finally triggered, the final quest objective showed up on the map, and I was able to click it and finish. Then the next quest bugged and I had to basically do the same thing, running back and forth until it triggered so I could finish that one. So buggy, and people were just, it worked for us, or you have to just keep trying, or you have to do "insert what you already tried". Useless. It's badly scripted, or suffers from phasing bugs, or something. I was never in a party, never had warmode on, and never messed with my addons.

I've done this on several alliance alts now so I know the exact path to take and where this fails which is quite a few places. Forget deleting cache, using unstuck, watching the entire cut scenes, walking slowly, or other bad advice that doesn't help. There are checkpoints where the script triggers the next event in the quest progress, and you need the NPC's with you or the quest objective NPC's there to turn the quest in. If they're not with you or not there log out, wait a minute or so, log back in and make sure they show up where they're supposed to be. Also, as you get near a checkpoint in the quest, or if you don't know just all the time, try to keep the NPC's close to you (don't mount run them into the dust or ditch them on an NPC with aggro. If you lose the NPC's log out near the checkpoint, wait a bit, log back in and move to the checkpoint with the NPC's next to you and just run around that area where you should enter the checkpoint spot where the quest progresses. It won't trigger if the NPC's aren't with you or if you skip one of them. It is very prone to failure on alliance side and it can mess up in many places. Before going down the falls if you ditch the NPC's or they're in combat. Going down the falls when you land it will almost always get stalled, kill the mobs, stay near the NPC's, log out, log back in, you should have NPC's with you again, then you can progress and get the next quest. This happens a lot along the way as NPC's either get stuck or lost.

The horde quest worked flawlessly when I did it one time (most of my alts are alliance). So people saying it works fine, well if they're horde they would say that. Alliance scripted quest chain is badly broken.

Last edited by Zaranthos on 13-08-2021, 15:21:28; edited 3 times in total
0 0

Connover

[Creep]

(since 15-08-2022 18:56)

Votes: 38

Post Posted: 03-09-2021, 22:55:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello there Sofarsonear,

The quest indeed works seeing as how over 5.7k people completed it. The quest is finicky but is doable seeing as how i managed to do it on my all characters i have leveled. Here is proof it works.

Good day,
Connover

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Connover, 03 September 2021 20:55

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> Bug Report -> Rejected bugs  

The time now is 19-04-2024, 16:34:29
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x