User
Pass
2FA

[5.4.8 Genesis Realm] Suggestion: Why there are no BGs and how to probably fix it!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message1281
Dizzily

[Mentally Stable]

(since 31-08-2017 11:17)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 09-06-2015, 06:27:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi Folks,

i wanted to make this Suggestion cause i really like PvP alot and on this Server it takes Hours to get into a Battleground (BG).
At the Moment u can simply not farm BGs for PvP Gear cause there are no BGs open to enter.

I Really do Like the Server and its Players.
This Server has the Less bugs i ever seen on a 5.4.8 High-Rate Private, and i looked around a long time for a good Server.
Also the Rewards for PvE are Pretty Balanced in my opinion. Leveling is fast. And you join fast into an Instance. Even as DPS Role.

But for me also PvP is important and atm i think u have to Balance the Rates better.
1 Times Honor Rates are just a kick in the Nuts in my Opinion.
You have to farm atleast 2-3 Days to get 1 Item, if you play 3-5 Hours a Day and if you can enter a BG fast.
And this is why there are no BGs. No one wants to farm forever for his PvP Gear on a High Rate Server.

You could also get New Members for your Server if BGs would give more Honor.
A few People i met said that they will leave or left the Server cause of the Bad Honor Rates.
And this is kinda... i dunno. -

What if you give like 5x Rates / 10x Rates?
Are you afraid that People will only do BGs to get Honor Gear and then do PvE with it?
I mean in PvE is the PvP Gear worse then 463 Hero Gear. PvP Gear is never that good as PvE Gear for PvE.

Would be cool if you Guys could answer to this -

Greets
Dizzily

0 1

Aliziea

[2 Good 4 You]

(since 16-06-2017 19:44)

Votes: 108

Post Posted: 09-06-2015, 07:34:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Dizzily wrote:

Also the Rewards for PvE are Pretty Balanced in my opinion. Leveling is fast. And you join fast into an Instance. Even as DPS Role.

Yes because for pvp you stay lvl 1...you don't need to level up and for high level instances as a dps you don't enter very fast tho.

0 0

DisCosmin
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 31-01-2017 09:27)

Votes: 86

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 09-06-2015, 10:33:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Totally go for 10x rates on honor therefore you can complain about the lack of content just because you don't join bgs anymore.The only problem with those is the frequency of the crashes which they didn't solve yet.

0 0

Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]

(since 04-05-2019 17:52)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 10-06-2015, 17:52:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

5x / 10x honor rates are not equal to the exp rates and will be more than easy to get gear.Imagine that back when Exodus was live we used to get 400 or so?from normal wins(just the final) + kills and bonuses @2.5x or 2x not sure,so imagine if they increase it to 5x or even 10x that will be like 1 bg and you'll be capped already which is complete joke.Anyways,i think it a little bit late now,but i agree that there should be some honor rates buffs since there aren't any good PvPers @horde side specially and playing battlegrounds on this faction is total joke,so atleast buffing the honor you receive when losing could help a lot,cuz basically what happens @horde faction is you lose around 3-4 bgs to get just 100 honor...I'm not saying that just because i'm horde right now,i'll swap faction soon,but i think that will stimulate people to keep playing and having fun,because there is literally no balance between horde and alliance,the only time when there was some kind of balance was @4.0.6,after 4.3.4 update most of horde PvPers quitted and this faction just died,now it's even worse imo,i'm sure there's some solution. -

Priest PvP Glyph Guide 5.4.8
Priest PvP Talent Tiers Guide 5.4.8
0 0

tudor1297

[shefu' la luptatori]

(since 01-02-2020 14:06)

Votes: 250

Post Posted: 10-06-2015, 18:10:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The problem is that the 2 factions are not balanced in pvp and pve player ratio. Most alliance players do pvp and most hirde players do pve.
Also the server has just been upgraded to Mop and there's a lot of stuff to do, therefore pve players won't start joining bgs for now because they have to farm pve gear first.

So that's why you have to wait for hours in queues, because most horde players are pve players.
Increasing honor rates is not such a good idea, players will gear up too fast and they will eventually get bored.
The idea of receiving more honor for losses seems fine to me, it might encourage horde players to join bg's.

[RO]Warrior Fury PvE Guide 5.4.8

[EN]Warrior Fury PvE Guide 5.4.8

0 0

Nevinafreaklol

[Mentally Stable]

(since 21-01-2016 21:18)

Votes: 16

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 10-06-2015, 18:36:47 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I know shockeru wont do that but the only solution would be cross-faction battlegrounds.
0 0

wrathy

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-03-2018 14:37)

Votes: 19

Post Posted: 10-06-2015, 22:07:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shocker mentioned once in Global chat that making xfaction battlegrounds would require a lot of work behind the scenes in terms of scripting and proper team / objective assigning. I can not say if it would be easy or not, but lets say if it was easy he would (?) have done it by now.

Maybe there are other ways to incentive people to do battlegrounds; and this is probably the direction this topic should take. Increasing rates would mean that winners win more and losers lose less. I do not think the solutions is in this direction. Also as aforementioned, this would take the content away too fast (remember phase 2 and 3 add very little PVP stuff, mostly new sets).

Maybe it would be interesting to look for a concept similar to the RDF bag (15x RDF for something), but instead of RDF it would be Random Battleground? I hear enough people say, "someone for RDF, I need my RDF quest".
You could make this happen in a few ways:
- Win x battlegrounds (very bad idea, will result in nothing)
- Complete x battlegrounds (sounds more appealing)
- Get x honorable kills (maybe for the long run)
- etc. etc. (be creative and think of something)

Or there could be looked into something like... erhm... Wintergrasp. If you make the quests there weekly/daily, only active during Wintergrasp and somewhat rewarding this would be very interesting (even for me, who does more PVE atm - ). I know this will not solve your battleground queue issue, but maybe you first need to attract people towards PVP and then draw them into battlegrounds.

0 0

Iguanar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 14-09-2019 15:07)

Votes: 13

Post Posted: 01-08-2015, 23:32:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Another 'issue' now is the amount of honor gained from the PvPvE quests that exist:

- Northrend, Grizzly Hills
- Tol Barad

Grizzly Hills offers 3~4 quests for +/- 180 honor a day.
Tol Barad offers around 34 (?) quests for +/- 1700 honor a day.

If I have to chose between BGs and Tol Barad, the choice is easy. Tol Barad has simply many advantages over rBG:

- No wait times for queue
- Skip what is crowded and move on (but lose 50 honor a quest)
- You know your reward
- 1 Quests turn in rewards more then losing a rBG that took 15min to start and 20min to play

From this I can say Tol Barad is partly the problem here. Its simply faster and easier.

If you want more people in rBG then maybe lower/remove the honor from the Tol Barad quests, they are not even end-game anymore. However with this change should come an increase to the honor gain of the rBG.
I would say something like:

- Honor from kills 2x
- Honor from winning 2~2.5x
- Honor from losing 4~5x

Why increase losing with a greater multiplier? You dont want to disencourage a team that is already getting ganked at the graveyard with 'yey 30 honor for 30min, what a waste of time...'. This way the losing faction still gets enough honor to increase their odds in future rBG.

Also I've seen no new rBG open since the launch? Makes it feel like PvP is the unattended part of the server.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 29-03-2024, 15:36:17
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x