User
Pass
2FA

A rant about your Bug Report system.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message632
nerlon

[Mentally Stable]

(since 12-05-2020 07:28)

Post Posted: 01-05-2020, 08:14:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi.

Just today I made a bug report about Twisting Nether (DH order advancement).

The search function in the Bug Report sub-forum didn't give me anything (I even checked class abilities Confirmed and Pending, just in case.....nothing), so I went ahead with my report.

It was marked "duplicate" and got rejected. The reason for duplicate was this: https://trello.com/c/j7k9ZtYY/375-demon-hunter-twisting-nether

Also, the Twisting Nether ability on your database wasn't showing any reports. The only report notification appeared after I finished my bug report. It's gone now that my report got rejected, by the way.

------------------------------------------------

1. Where should we do our bug reports? Here on these forums, or on that trello website?
2. Bug Report search function doesn't seem to search in its sub-forums. For instance, I just tried to search "twisting nether" in Rejected sub-forum, and I got lots of results, but no results when searching from Bug Report sub-forum. Bug? Feature?
3. If the Trello website and this forum are not exclusive, and you guys keep rejecting actual bugs reported here, that have a report on Trello but not here, then what's the point of Bug Report subforum? Rejecting reports like that is just demoralizing for people that are actually trying to help you guys.

Need to resolve these questions. Otherwise, I don't see a point in wasting time testing stuff and reporting it here.

Last edited by nerlon on 01-05-2020, 08:16:09; edited 2 times in total
0 0

Swiftmend

[Mentally Stable]

(since 15-02-2023 05:18)

Votes: 8

Post Posted: 01-05-2020, 11:36:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi

1) You should report them on the forums, trello is there so it is easier for the devs to see what is bugged as there mass reports here on the forums but you should always check if there isn't already a report on it on trello/forums before posting it.
2) The search function works, it just didn't show you anything on your search because there was not report about it or any report about it is either rejected/duplicated
3) It is really pointless to have 2 of the same reports on 2 different websites, takes up unnecessary space and fills up the forums.

You shouldn't feel demoralized because we duplicate your reports because it just shows we know/ already tested it. Also any rejected/duplicate reports won't show up as reports on the ability/item/quest/achievement in the database.

Have a nice day
Swiftmend

Last edited by Swiftmend on 01-05-2020, 11:40:34; edited 1 time in total
2 0

taro12

[Mentally Stable]

(since 30-10-2022 12:48)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 02-05-2020, 15:23:30 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

yep, the way bugs hare rejected here is simply arbitrary.

I made a bug that the majority of the Suramar quests don't have Reputation rewards. Entire quest lines of the Good Suramaritan achive don't have any reputation rewards. Basically every quest in Suramar has reputation reward.

What does one of the moderators? Finds a quest in Suramar that has rep, the ones at the start that get you to friendly and sets the bug on rejected and locked. I understand that they are not qualified as QA/Testers but they should
have learned the basics by now. You can't reject/lock a bug without asking about extra details.

The bug reporting is not taken serious.

1 0

Swiftmend

[Mentally Stable]

(since 15-02-2023 05:18)

Votes: 8

Post Posted: 04-05-2020, 08:17:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi

I know of what report you spoke of. I personally tested it with the person who rejected it, we tested multiple quests within the questline to be sure and literally all of them gave us rep, we only provided the proof of one quests.

But if you want you can remake the topic and i will provide you proof with more pictures of quests that we completed and such and where they were within the questline.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Power, 23 June 2020 21:13

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 29-04-2024, 07:41:58
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x