User
Pass
2FA

About playing Legion on Mac's users

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message2777
Raeq522

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-09-2017 06:30)

Post Posted: 09-06-2017, 15:44:47 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi wow-freakz,
First of all, I have to say that i'm glad with your work and I'm waiting for the 15th June to try your Legion server.
I was testing your PTR and I've found something that for Mac users, can be tedious.
For who does not have a Mac, I will explain what it means. To sum up, if I want to play this server, I have to emulate the Freakzlauncher using Wine (that's a emulator). It means that graphics do not run as well as running a wow.app original for mac. The experience in gaming is, sometimes, slower and for example, if you are in PVP, you can see how your screen experiences flashes. That's not cool.
But, I have a solution. Maybe, this solution is not according with your working, but it can be an idea to the future. Let's go to explain:
First, I have a wow 7.15 downloaded directly from Blizzard.
Second, to play Wow-freakz, I download the launcher and I paste it on the directory.
Then, run wow-freazk launcher with Wine.
Sometimes, If you want to play in another server, you only have to get the Config.wtf of that server and paste it on WTF folder. Easy and you don't have to use Wine if you have the Mac wow version.
This is not possible in your legion server. I was looking for the realmist and I could not get it. Then, I realised that to play legion, is needed running the your launcher.
My suggestion, to avoid this problem with Mac and Linux, is setting the server in the way as you only have to change the realmist, and not running a launcher. Other servers I've played work using this easy method.
I don't have any knowledge about anything related with programming, but I only want to show you my inconvenient to play your legion server. I understand that you do a lot of work, and maybe it will be to tedious to fixing this problem. I only want to play your server without the meanly problems which appears when you emulate a game in Mac.
Thanks for your time.
I hope this idea could be useful for you.

0 0

troncho

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-02-2018 19:32)

Votes: 23

Post Posted: 09-06-2017, 22:30:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

yeah, I have the same issue

but the problem is that the launcher is their anti hacking system I believe

so I just use my old win laptop thats not as fast as the new mbp i have now

i know not everyone can do this, so I really hope they can come up with a solution

or maybe compile the launcher for the macOS that actually is intel compatible

there are some programs that run on both OS'

but i'm not much of a technical guy so idk if that's possible

still, crossing fingers

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 11-06-2017, 13:33:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Unfortunately it will not be possible to just set realmlist and play. Our launcher contains a lot, including auto update features for client side fixes/interface fixes, etc
Also, creating a MAC launch with all those functionalities proved to be much difficult than we initially expected. And allowing mac players to play without the launcher/anithack/etc beats the whole purpose of the antihack/launcher system/etc

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

spankatron

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-07-2017 20:32)

Post Posted: 29-06-2017, 04:45:32 [Valuable post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I have had great success running this on the mac. Thank you for the changes you apparently made to the launcher!

I simply downloaded your launcher, opened the wowfreakz.exe launcher file using wine, and boom, perfect framerate, full screen resolution, sound, mouse, everything as if it was made for mac.

You guys with macs don't have to worry, it runs great.

2 0

pal0bre

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-06-2020 11:40)

Votes: 21

Post Posted: 29-06-2017, 12:52:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

spankatron wrote:
I have had great success running this on the mac. Thank you for the changes you apparently made to the launcher!

I simply downloaded your launcher, opened the wowfreakz.exe launcher file using wine, and boom, perfect framerate, full screen resolution, sound, mouse, everything as if it was made for mac.

You guys with macs don't have to worry, it runs great.

I don't know whether that is a good solution in the long term.
WINE requires a lot of 32-bit libraries and considering that Apple is ditching 32-bit compatibility for iOS, there's also a good chance that they'll do the same to macOS.

0 0

spankatron

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-07-2017 20:32)

Post Posted: 29-06-2017, 19:17:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sure, there is the possibility that one day Apple may drop 32 bit support for OSX, and there is the possibility that there will not be a 64 bit solution of some kind that will work in its place, and there is the possibility that the mac user may be forced to upgrade their operating system to where wine will become incompatible. I doubt that's enough to warrant people don't play the game they want to play today, but that's up to them.
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 29-04-2024, 04:14:44
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x