User
Pass
2FA

Best Meta Tank?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> General Discussion
Author Message890
Rosencrantz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 12-07-2021 18:47)

Post Posted: 12-07-2021, 20:39:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I always play Tank role, was wondering whats the most requested tank in this meta for raids and dungeons?
0 0

exxxistent

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-10-2023 06:41)

Post Posted: 13-07-2021, 03:41:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

warr
0 0

taro12

[Mentally Stable]

(since 30-10-2022 12:48)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 31-07-2021, 10:58:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

A mythic dungeon isn't the same as a raid. In a dungeon you may fight lots of weaker mobs at the same while in a raid 2 tanks usually go against a single boss that hits hard.

For dungeons a Warrior or a Paladin to a good job. Warrior do better against melee with their block and paladins can handle caster mobs better with their Avenger Shield. This 2 are self-shield tanks with Ignore Pain and Avenger Shield( with azerite armor)

For hard hitting raid bosses a Monk is a better choice because their Stagger delays 80% or more of the damage and healers have time to heal. Other tanks can do the job but nothing competes with Stagger when it comes to soaking brutal hits.

Druids are also good, they have lots of hp, high armor and get more heals.

Death Knights and Demon Hunters in my opinion are not so good. Their armor isn't that great, they don't have block and their "defense" is based on self-heal attacks. Don't get me wrong they can do the job of dungeon/raid tanking but there are situations where they are bad compared to other tanks of the same gear level. It's because their tanking mechanic is based around self healing and other tanks mitigate/shield/stagger damage in staid of trying to heal it. If you are in situations where healing is reduced DK/DH are in bigger trouble than other tanks.

0 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> General Discussion  

The time now is 23-04-2024, 23:06:21
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x