User
Pass
2FA

Choosing a class

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message3025
noobpanda

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-01-2015 10:41)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 21-10-2014, 17:48:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Heeey.
Just started wow again after a years leave.
I am trying to decide on a PvP class (for arena and less so BGs), preferably a melee class.
So my question, after playing on wotlk,

Are the classes pretty balanced for PvP on this server? Which melee classes would you say are fun? Which are buggy?
I was thinking either rogue or warr, but don't have too much experience with melee classes,
as I used to main hunter.

Which are generally 'tending to be more advantaged' ? (Please no this OP that OP arguments)
Thanks

0 0

dzvera

[Maniac]

(since 01-01-2020 19:36)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 21-10-2014, 17:55:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

rogue

0 0

Gudbror

[I just wasted 20 rep]

(since 22-07-2016 14:53)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 21-10-2014, 21:05:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Warriors are fun, but blizzard made them quite useless on this patch. You can go for rogue, since its basically the rogue patch and they are very op, you could also try feral druids, they are very good too.

Just dont play a pet class, pet pathing doesnt work so its a nightmare playing on an arena with these.

1 0

noobpanda

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-01-2015 10:41)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 22-10-2014, 03:01:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thanks, I was also considering feral dudu because they seem to be more flexible and be better in long fights or 1v1(than rogue), I may be wrong though? Can rogues handle themselves without a healer around?
0 0

ryangg

[Advisor]

(since 09-11-2022 09:46)

Votes: 134

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 22-10-2014, 07:23:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

noobpanda wrote:
Thanks, I was also considering feral dudu because they seem to be more flexible and be better in long fights or 1v1(than rogue), I may be wrong though? Can rogues handle themselves without a healer around?

Yes ,i played several times 1v2 in arena ,u have a few damage reductions (they are quite op ) also u have recuperate 5k or 6k heal , stun,slow ,kick,smoke...a lot of advantages - also huge burst

1 0

Macedo931
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 23-05-2015 13:04)

Votes: 49

Post Posted: 22-10-2014, 09:49:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Rogue >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Feral >>>> DK Unholy >> Paladin > Warrior >> DK Frost >>> Enhancement

That's about how I see PvP melee classes here.

0 0

Grubstep

[/ Dreadful /]

(since 06-08-2020 18:25)

Votes: 27

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  decrepitwarrior 
Post Posted: 22-10-2014, 12:38:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Macedo931 wrote:
Rogue >>>>>>>>>>>>>>(other classes).

That's about how I see PvP melee classes here.

On this server i've realised that every single rogue claim to be pro because of the high dmg and long stun and the advantange of 65% of the all classes cc control.You don't need to be good to play a rogue but i'd say warrior is a serious class which without maximum control you will end up being under an inferior class to others,and eventually quit the class.

Last edited by Grubstep on 26-10-2014, 22:57:51; edited 1 time in total
1 0

Kinook

[Pastor Penticostal]

(since 12-03-2021 12:11)

Votes: 66

Post Posted: 23-10-2014, 08:44:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Grubstep wrote:
warrior is a serious class which without maximum control you will end up being under an inferior class to others,and eventually quit the class.

Partially true. Blizz took a giant smelly liquid shit on the class known as warrior. Sure, there are some classes that you can 1v1 if you're controlling your character perfectly. But the thing is that you have to "outskill" your opponent pretty hard. You gotta be a god at warrior, he has to be a dumb duck at whatever class he's playing. Unless it's a feral. You simply CANNOT 1v1 a feral druid that knows what his spells do, even though you play perfectly. In order to beat a feral, you gotta catch him in a really bad situation. Like trinket and bear CD's down, 50% HP in human form with your stun then full burst on him. Trust me, i'm a feral and i've dueled the best warriors here on freakz. They simply don't have the spell kit for duelling a feral.

So yeah, warrior is destroyed by the patch notes. In arenas it gets kited easily. Bladestorm used to be called Reckstorm, now it's called GetOutOfRootsStorm. And you can spell reflect like one time per conquest points reset, which is monday morning. I suggest using it either thursday or friday. And before trying to stun an agility class(feral, rogue, enha sham) i suggest you going to 7 churches and light 3 candles in each church in order for the RNG Gods to permit it to land and not get dodged/parried.

Anyways, back to the topic. Strong meele classes: Feral, rogue(if you like boys), enha shaman(hipster class, used to be godlike, now it's on par with the others), paladin(if you dont know what you like, but it clearly aint girls), unholy DK(frost also, very bursty, lacks control tho).

Pick one of them. Or pick warrior, but only if you look for a really challenging class to play. Not because its hard, but because its weaker than the others.

୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ WE ARE CYCLONE ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨
4 0

Grubstep

[/ Dreadful /]

Post Posted: 23-10-2014, 11:16:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Kinook wrote:
Grubstep wrote:
warrior is a serious class which without maximum control you will end up being under an inferior class to others,and eventually quit the class.

Partially true. Blizz took a giant smelly liquid shit on the class known as warrior. Sure, there are some classes that you can 1v1 if you're controlling your character perfectly. But the thing is that you have to "outskill" your opponent pretty hard. You gotta be a god at warrior, he has to be a dumb duck at whatever class he's playing. Unless it's a feral. You simply CANNOT 1v1 a feral druid that knows what his spells do, even though you play perfectly. In order to beat a feral, you gotta catch him in a really bad situation. Like trinket and bear CD's down, 50% HP in human form with your stun then full burst on him. Trust me, i'm a feral and i've dueled the best warriors here on freakz. They simply don't have the spell kit for duelling a feral.

So yeah, warrior is destroyed by the patch notes. In arenas it gets kited easily. Bladestorm used to be called Reckstorm, now it's called GetOutOfRootsStorm. And you can spell reflect like one time per conquest points reset, which is monday morning. I suggest using it either thursday or friday. And before trying to stun an agility class(feral, rogue, enha sham) i suggest you going to 7 churches and light 3 candles in each church in order for the RNG Gods to permit it to land and not get dodged/parried.

Anyways, back to the topic. Strong meele classes: Feral, rogue(if you like boys), enha shaman(hipster class, used to be godlike, now it's on par with the others), paladin(if you dont know what you like, but it clearly aint girls), unholy DK(frost also, very bursty, lacks control tho).

Pick one of them. Or pick warrior, but only if you look for a really challenging class to play. Not because its hard, but because its weaker than the others.

+1 for the most things you've said, but remember warrior always crits Overpower,or if you wanna say, most of the times,so agility players can get down easily like enh shamans charge throwdown and so but yeah warrior is dumbed down on this patch and bladestorm does shit dmg TBH...not like how it used to be back on WotLK -

0 0

Macedo931
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 23-05-2015 13:04)

Votes: 49

Post Posted: 24-10-2014, 10:20:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Grubstep wrote:
Kinook wrote:
Strong meele classes: Feral, rogue(if you like boys), enha shaman(hipster class, used to be godlike, now it's on par with the others), paladin(if you dont know what you like, but it clearly aint girls), unholy DK(frost also, very bursty, lacks control tho).

+1 for the most things you've said, but remember warrior always crits Overpower,or if you wanna say, most of the times,so agility players can get down easily like enh shamans charge throwdown and so but yeah warrior is dumbed down on this patch and bladestorm does shit dmg TBH...not like how it used to be back on WotLK -

Enha can be killed fairly easy by a warrior/rogue/feral because it has close to none defensive cooldowns, only two to be exact and both are kinda weak - Shamanistic Rage and glyphed Stoneclaw totem. And is especially weak against the latter two, Rogue and Feral, for the reasons Kinook mentioned - dodge/parry chance is too damn high! and the Enha's main damaging spell, Lava Lash, can miss quite a lot. Had problems with it even after having 30 expertise (couldn't get it any lower, it was PvE gear - ).
So, even tho Enha is weak against CC, I've seen a good ehna shaman (forgot his name) go on par vs an extremely good Blood DK which basically soloed arenas (because I played with him, I suck at PvP and I died fast). Both of them had good damage, both of them healed like crazy - Enha had the Resto tree talents for additional healing after every Shock spell (plus the other more "passive talents" in the tree).

0 0

ivaiva

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-01-2015 15:11)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 05-01-2015, 14:29:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hunter
0 0

Nevinafreaklol

[Mentally Stable]

(since 21-01-2016 21:18)

Votes: 16

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 05-01-2015, 15:10:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Play feral druid, they require lots of skill and will take you probably few months to master them but once you learn how to use of it you will beat even OP warriors
0 0

Grubstep

[/ Dreadful /]

Post Posted: 05-01-2015, 16:44:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Nevinafreaklol wrote:
Play feral druid, they require lots of skill and will take you probably few months to master them but once you learn how to use of it you will beat even OP warriors :kappa:

Troll lvl:Infinite =)))))))))))))))))

0 0

Bestialftw

[Mentally Stable]

(since 16-04-2016 09:36)

Post Posted: 04-02-2015, 02:32:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

war for mop

0 0

Trayflip

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-04-2016 14:29)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 04-02-2015, 08:23:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Nevinafreaklol wrote:
Play feral druid, they require lots of skill and will take you probably few months to master them but once you learn how to use of it you will beat even OP warriors

Tru dat

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 25-04-2024, 15:08:38
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x