User
Pass
2FA

Deutsche Sprache

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Show only staff posts
Author Message4793
psychocrafter04

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-09-2019 20:28)

Post Posted: 23-09-2019, 22:26:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hallo,

ich habe Probleme damit, das Spiel auf die deutsche Sprache umzustellen, wenn ich dies tue und das Spiel dann neustarten möchte, crasht das Spiel und gibt mir einen Fehlercode aus.
Ich habe ein paar Threads hier gelesen aber da diese von Anfang des Jahres sind, dachte ich mir mal dass ich einfach mal neu Frage, ob es da was neues gibt.

MfG

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 days ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 23-09-2019, 22:59:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hallo psychocrafter04,

Nein, es ist weiterhin nicht möglich, andere Sprachen als Englisch zu verwenden.

Liebe Grüße
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

Coolankel

[Mentally Stable]

(since 03-10-2019 20:17)

Post Posted: 03-10-2019, 12:59:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
Hallo psychocrafter04,

Nein, es ist weiterhin nicht möglich, andere Sprachen als Englisch zu verwenden.

Liebe Grüße
Sarah

Hello Sarah,

Newcomer here, just installed yesterday =) While I have complete understanding for prioritizing bug fixes and polishing Legion content, I do hope that other languages will be released soon. My partner does not speak English and therefore will effectively be unable to play.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 days ago)

Post Posted: 03-10-2019, 13:57:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

We need the original language files (for text and audio) for 7.2.5.24742 as they're no longer obtainable from Blizzard. It's practically impossible to find the correct clients for 7.2.5 with the languages installed already, people stopped uploading language packs for WoW when it started to become possible to just change the language ingame, I think that was in 4.3.2 Cataclysm? Not sure anymore.

Basically what we have to do is to provide clients for 7.2.5 with the preferred language installed and probably with a customized launcher for each language. There isn't any problem server-side, the problem is that the language files are hard, possibly impossible, to find so the client can't retrieve them from anywhere.

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

Coolankel

[Mentally Stable]

(since 03-10-2019 20:17)

Post Posted: 03-10-2019, 17:02:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

We need the original language files (for text and audio) for 7.2.5.24742 as they're no longer obtainable from Blizzard. It's practically impossible to find the correct clients for 7.2.5 with the languages installed already, people stopped uploading language packs for WoW when it started to become possible to just change the language ingame, I think that was in 4.3.2 Cataclysm? Not sure anymore.

Basically what we have to do is to provide clients for 7.2.5 with the preferred language installed and probably with a customized launcher for each language. There isn't any problem server-side, the problem is that the language files are hard, possibly impossible, to find so the client can't retrieve them from anywhere.

I appreciate your honesty =) My partner has played games in English before, and while it may be a more enjoyable experience for her in German, I believe she will still prefer your Legion server over retail. I am aware that the language files were once downloaded from the Blizzard accounts page, and it has not been done this way in a long time.

Thank you Sarah!

Last edited by Coolankel on 03-10-2019, 17:03:23; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 days ago)

Post Posted: 03-10-2019, 17:19:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

That wasn't what I was talking about at all.

Since the Cataclysm era (roughly, I really don't remember, but it was after WotLK) you can change the language of the game directly via the game menu. The way this works technically is that the game downloads the language files from Blizzard's so-called CDN (Content Delivery Network), back then through the Battle.net launcher, nowadays this is done ingame.

However, as of March this year, Blizzard removed game data (including language files) for game versions prior to 8.0 from their CDN, which makes this procedure impossible. (This is also why we can no longer offer a mini client which downloads while playing.)

The whole language file thing through the account page was even earlier than that, back in WotLK you could select which language you want and it would download an installer which would then download the game in the respective language, it was also possible to download just the files for a specific language to be able to change the language by editing the config, etc. These so-called language packs were also uploaded on various WoW fansites, which then could be used to change the language of private server game clients in the past. However, since changing the game language has become so easy after Cataclysm, people mostly stopped uploading these language files.

0 0

Stephanski

[Mentally Stable]

(since 31-08-2021 10:06)

Post Posted: 26-12-2019, 17:40:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hallo liebe Freunde der Sonne!
Ich weiss, es ist sehr schwierig mit der Sprachumstellung... -
Hat sich schon was getan mit der Umstellung der Sprache?
Frohe Weihnachten an Alle! ^^

Hi Leute! Ich bin ein geselliger Typ und zock auch gerne zusammen! -
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 days ago)

Post Posted: 26-12-2019, 18:06:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Nein, hat es nicht.

Sieht allerdings derzeit danach aus, dass es mit 7.3.5 wieder möglich sein wird.

1 0

seiher

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-03-2021 13:08)

Post Posted: 03-03-2020, 10:19:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi

bin seit gestern hier 7.3.5 sollte auf deutsch wieder gehen. Das hab ich auf dem Rechner. Leider bekomme ich das aber bei 7.2.5 zum laufen 7.3.5 mag die Daten von 7.3.5 nicht. Kenne mich aber auch nicht so aus. Also warten das der andere kommt. Nailbiting

0 0

Stephanski

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 28-03-2020, 14:59:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hat jemand die Umstellung auf Deutsch schon erfolgreich getestet bei der neuen Version 7.3.5?

0 0

Stephanski

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 28-03-2020, 18:02:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Juhu, die Umstellung auf Deutsch funktioniert endlich! Vielen Dank für die tolle Arbeit, die ihr hier leistet!
Macht weiter so!!! GLG Stephanski

0 0

Stephanski

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 17-08-2021, 11:57:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Die Umstellung auf Deutsch funzt immer noch sehr gut!

Last edited by Stephanski on 17-08-2021, 11:58:30; edited 1 time in total
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 29-03-2024, 10:14:48
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x