User
Pass
2FA

How's Rogue in Mists of Pandaria, specifically this patch?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message1096
pateu

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-07-2016 05:47)

Votes: 20

Post Posted: 30-05-2015, 23:47:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Evening. I've played on this server ever since its conception, though the last time I logged was during 2013, when everyone and their grandpa was struggling to get Vengeance and Nightmare (???), the daggers from the legendary dagger set questline.

So I haven't PvPed or PvE'd in MoP whatsoever.

My question is... is Rogue still competitive in MoP? In Cata we were arguably the most fortunate class ( due to having the high lvl daggers ) but I don't know how well we're doing nowadays.

I plan on both PvE-ing and PvP-ing ( mostly BGs and world pvp, I'm not a fan of arenas ) so I'd like some impressions from people that play/played Rogue in MoP.

Is it worth leveling my Cata Rogue and gearing him up for MoP, or should I just go (face)roll a Frost Mage instead?

Exorder1337 wrote:
Cat despre frost mage, crede-ma, e printre cele mai grele clase din joc.

0 0

Yakul

[Battleforged]

(since 24-04-2019 18:25)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 31-05-2015, 00:38:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I think you should go ahead and make one, you'll need a day or two to level up to 90 that won't be a problem and most people are still lacking gear so gear shouldn't be a problem either.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/ranking/eu-us/siege-of-orgrimmar/dps/ there u can check anything you want to know about any class but freakz is not even close to blizzlike so that link pretty much doesn't mean anything. If you enjoy playing rogue, make one. -

0 0

pateu

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-07-2016 05:47)

Votes: 20

Post Posted: 31-05-2015, 00:45:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I already have one, I used to raid Dragon Soul in 2013.

I'll wait for some more opinions, I don't want to dedicate myself to a character that is gimped from the get go.

Exorder1337 wrote:
Cat despre frost mage, crede-ma, e printre cele mai grele clase din joc.

0 0

Sashas

[Immortality Seeker]

(since 04-01-2016 13:34)

Votes: 2

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 12-06-2015, 08:45:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Since this is the PvP section, Ill help you out regarding PvP.

Rogues in PvP always required setting up the kill properly.
Throughout Wrath and Cata, our kill potentials generally came from Dance bursts combined with ridiculous CC chains. (Gouge into Saps/Fears into Saps/Blind into Saps and so on/Redirect Kidney into Sap and so on.

This expansion, they've completely reverted the playstyle of rogue only in terms of VIABLE specs. Combat right now with revealing strikes can get up to 8 second kidneys which already seems ridiculous. Combat also maintains good burst with Killing spree while proccing your damage buff to its full potential. Shadow blades are also pretty damn ridiculous right now.

Still a heavy CC orientated class, they really gave em good damage buffs still as Sub to maintain its viability to other classes which are pretty OP in 5.4 (Ele/Lock/Hunter/Dk). But jk affli is pretty bugged on here.

Brewmaster Monk 5.4.8 English PvE guide

0 0

Timur

[Mentally Stable]

(since 29-07-2017 09:25)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 25-06-2015, 01:43:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Compared to Cata its not as faceroll as it used to be, the playstyle is different, Ambush is not the hardest hitting ability anymore but Eviscerate is, and by a long margin (well, at least witha good amount of mastery), damage outside cds is meh, but during cds you can 100-0 any class in a stunlock if you set it up well (bleed on target+snd+proc trinket+on use+dagger proc+cloakproc+blades/dance+pray on the weak). There are actually a lot of possible way to do soft/hard/bait switch and killing attempts, rotating well vanish (always offensivly)/dance/blades/mfd and the possible combinations of that.
To sum it up, monstruos burst, not so good sustained, good survivability, excelent peeling and cc, it heavily relies on correctly setting things up with your partners. Definitely fun to play.

This is what it was on retail on this patch, this is freakz so things are probably very different, ambush hits like a truck compared to eviscerato for what i've seen (might be related to the fact that the gear is not apprpriated with the patch so the mastery scaling is *** up), and of course if you don't live in romania don't expect to be able to stick to someone's back, nor to fill the stuns with every global you should do, because you know, yeah, lagg.

Of course Sub should be the way to go, but u nver know, here maybe combat is as much viable (and a lot more braindead and easier).

0 0

Symaro

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-07-2015 05:21)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 28-06-2015, 13:49:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You either get a kill off during burst, or you'd better run run run (wowhead link) until your cooldowns come off... that at least is my experience vs rogues in BGs. In arenas they only tend to annoy me with CCs.

I'm not the one who's too small and fragile, you're the one who's too big and clumsy.
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 06-10-2024, 05:23:17
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password