User
Pass
2FA

MMR System

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message2281
Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]

(since 04-05-2019 17:52)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 31-03-2016, 22:40:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I know this has been discussed so many times and i apologise to Shocker for opening this topic regarding current mmr system,but i really don't find any logic in the following:

1.People complain about that 24/25 rating given randomly.
2.Shocker posted some replies saying that this is not a bug and it is this way because it equalizes the mmr.

Then today i queued some 2s having 3006 personal rating which makes my mmr around 3030+ right?
Having in mind the guy i queued 2s with has around 2780 rating which is around 2800+ i guess.

I didn't pay much attention to the mmr combined,but after what happened i kind of laughed and my mate mentioned our mmr is 2900,so yeah i think it should be around that.

Onto the case,can i get some real answers if either I or Shocker is mistaken with the current state.

Why did i get 25 rating when i queued 2v2 with player 200 rating lesser than mine and rather than giving it to him since he's lower mmr and he needs to catchup the team mmr the system gave it to me?

I don't find any sense in that man,like i don't need to catch anyone cuz i'm the one with the highest rating and there is nothing wrong to actually receive 24/25 rating.

I think it needs some kind of rework since it's obviously a bug in my opinion.

Priest PvP Glyph Guide 5.4.8
Priest PvP Talent Tiers Guide 5.4.8
0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 31-03-2016, 22:44:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

That +25 doesn't have ANYTHING to do with your opponent, it's for difference between YOUR PERSONAL RATING and YOUR MMR

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]

Post Posted: 31-03-2016, 23:00:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Where did i mention opponents?I don't understand why would i receive 25 rating in the case given above?

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

Post Posted: 31-03-2016, 23:18:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

When you win, you get X personal rating and Y MMR... Y is usually always bigger than X (meaning gained MMR is higher than gained personal rating). When you lose, X is usually always bigger than Y (meaning lost personal rating is higher than lost MMR). By continuously winning and/or losing, the difference between personal rating and MMR increases.
For example, you get to have 3000 personal rating and 3030 MMR. Let's say you win another match and get +10 rating and +14 MMR, that would mean you now have 3010 personal rating and 3044 MMR. Because the difference is high, the next match you win will give you +25 personal rating and +whatever MMR. Why is this happening? Long story short, a mechanism blizz intended to always increase your personal rating to your gaming potentional (aka MMR), once you've reached a MMR, you've proven you are capable of playing at that MMR, so your personal rating tends to get increased to that amount. Even if you lose a game, the MMR shouldn't drop drastically back, because you've already proven you're capable of playing at high ratings, so no need for instant penalization.

WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]

Post Posted: 01-04-2016, 12:25:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I've played quite a lot arenas in retail plus #1 Private server won't name it to avoid me losing my account.However,the problem here is it always gives either 24 or 25 rating and it should give 3 or 5 or 12 or 15 or 20 or 16 depends on the exact difference.People that ever experienced that can completely agree with me.

0 0

Shadowy

[Creep]

(since 02-09-2017 16:49)

Votes: 40

Post Posted: 01-04-2016, 16:16:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hawtydaboss wrote:
I've played quite a lot arenas in retail plus #1 Private server won't name it to avoid me losing my account.However,the problem here is it always gives either 24 or 25 rating and it should give 3 or 5 or 12 or 15 or 20 or 16 depends on the exact difference.People that ever experienced that can completely agree with me.

But did you actually read how it works on retail? Did you even bother to understand how it works here and why it is the way it is right now? Did you even bother to search for the main MMR system topic? You just cry here because people get random 25 rating.
I and shocker worked on this mmr system but i`ve quit wow for some time and the only problems that remained:
1. maybe reduce the difference of mmr gain compared to rating gain by -1, so with the actual system(i believe) you get 12 rating, 14 mmr, in this way you will get 12 rating, 13 mmr reducing the chance to get +25 by another few matches unless you lose obviously(if you lose, you will need more matches to get +25)
2. Make it that way you only gain more mmr than rating vs teams that are higher than your mmr or at least -300 mmr than yours. In this way the rating gain when it's time to get "+25" it will get reduced by the normal rating gain vs that team which means in the end you will get 25-x , x means rating that you would gain vs that team. If it's same mmr between the teams, you would normally get 12 rating if you win, but if it's time to get that +25, you don't really get +25 because normally you would gain 12 anyway. (i really forgot how it works and i`m not sure if this is implemented or not)
3. Make it that way you will only get +25 vs teams with mmr higher than yours or at least -300 mmr.

The problem 3 persists a lot and *** up the ladder (i`ve explained it at 2.) because most people get their mmr close to the point when they are about to get +25, and then they que at night or when there are no high teams in que so they wait 5 mins in que and gain +25 of 1500 teams boosting their rating by a lot.

0 0

Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]

Post Posted: 01-04-2016, 17:46:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It's normal bashing me,i agree with you that i didn't do any research.I rarely do that,but my main aim was to actually make such a topic and actually make people bring some proofs,i ain't really good in that overall,so you're all right for saying anything against me in that sphere.I knew there is another mmr topic which i haven't read it all,but actually read some posts and another random posts in other topics regarding current mmr system and Shocker says everywhere that people are wrong and that's the way it is supposed to work,that's actually the main reason i made this topic,to actually counter his arguments and ask where the logic in that is.

If you're into that,would be great if you bring some stuff so it can be reworked or fixed.

p.s. and im not really annoyed about others getting 25 rating it just personally looks annoying for me getting it myself cuz it's stupid.

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

Post Posted: 04-04-2016, 09:45:58 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

As Shadowy mentioned, the MMR gain could be decreased a bit in an attempt to decrease the high occurence of +25 ratings. I've done that, let's see how ratings evolve now

WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 26-04-2024, 06:20:44
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x